Mark Crossfield and Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO

I'm a Crossfield fan so I could be biased. He picked the best setup for his game. If the Z-Forged blade from 6-7 wasn't any better on spin or dispersion than the Z785, then there is no need to lose the slightly extra forgiveness of the cavity back iron.

It isn't about what setup he went with in his bag, it was that he went with the Titleist as his best club when he was sponsored by them

It would have been interesting to see what choice he would have made if he had been sponsored by Srixon at the time he did that video?

For pure enjoyment and watching something while on the treadmill or doing stretch exercises, I enjoy watching Crossfield. I think the names he gives video's are bullocks but that;'s a different story. I do like to get his take on a certain set of clubs/gear/tech but I don't base any buying/playing decisions on what he puts out there.

I’m glad to see this happen for the Cleveland group. They finally landed him.

I will admit, his videos with the Muppets are a guilty pleasure. I am a big time sucker for the videos where they are just having a blast out there and laughing their heads off.

I honestly watched my first Crossfield video in ages this morning though, when he was announcing his WITB with Srixon/XXIO/Cleveland.... but the partnership probably won't have me tuning into more of his videos.

I’m guessing money.

Usually the answer. He was Titleist for clubs/balls and under armour for at least shoes. Making the move to all Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO/Asics. Wonder if he will also have an apparel sponsor....

Usually the answer. He was Titleist for clubs/balls and under armour for at least shoes. Making the move to all Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO/Asics. Wonder if he will also have an apparel sponsor....
Penguin I believe. I'm not sure if they have any ties to XXIO/Srixon/Cleveland.

He said apparel was Penguin, and shoes Asics.

Also, it is already driving me nuts that nicknames he uses for his hybrid, and the way he pronounces "H" Haytch

He said apparel was Penguin, and shoes Asics.

Also, it is already driving me nuts that nicknames he uses for his hybrid, and the way he pronounces "H" Haytch
Haytch is all of the UK for the most part. Always strikes me weirdly as well.

after watching his video it reminded me how awesome those Launcher woods look.... making me think a little haha

It would be awesome (for MC Fans) if he was the other Captain in The Srixon Experience. JB???

I’m torn, I am fond of Cleveland and Srixon products but I find Crossfield insufferable.
Hahaha says the man with a Bryson Dechambeau avatar :p

MC went through his bag and did a gap test today. Looks like he has an interesting bag and has a couple things to put in. Loving this new look for him and the brand.

MC went through his bag and did a gap test today. Looks like he has an interesting bag and has a couple things to put in. Loving this new look for him and the brand.
I’ll have to take a look at this... I was curious to see how the gapping would go.

He picked a very interesting set of clubs. He is a great catch for Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO/New Balance Asics. ?

Last edited:
I watched his gap testing video. One thing I find funny (not saying I am agreeing with it) is he always complains about low spinning irons. Now he has a set and seems to be making all sorts of excuses about it that he’s never brought up with other irons. Kind of putting his foot in his own mouth there and I am a fan of his just find it ironic.

I watched his gap testing video. One thing I find funny (not saying I am agreeing with it) is he always complains about low spinning irons. Now he has a set and seems to be making all sorts of excuses about it that he’s never brought up with other irons. Kind of putting his foot in his own mouth there and I am a fan of his just find it ironic.

That's not the only thing I found ironic. His shots were all over the place compared to his old irons and distance clubs. Instead of fessing up to needing to get used to them, he said something to the effect of "well i do like to play that little cut shot". He clearly wasn't overly comfortable with them yet.

That's not the only thing I found ironic. His shots were all over the place compared to his old irons and distance clubs. Instead of fessing up to needing to get used to them, he said something to the effect of "well i do like to play that little cut shot". He clearly wasn't overly comfortable with them yet.
I personally like the “flyer off the mat” comment. I’ve watched all his review videos over the years and he never gave that benefit any other lower spinning irons.

It's fun to pit the Rick Sheilds reviews against Crossfield I think both offer good overview of club properties and play-ability

I continue to feel as I did when another prominent YouTube reviewer was a regular on an OEM’s TV show and received money from them. Professional reviewers lose their credibility when they are on an OEM’s payroll, and shouldn’t do it.

Is your opinion any different when golf sites take money from oems and then provide reviews and opinions on clubs ?

Is your opinion any different when golf sites take money from oems and then provide reviews and opinions on clubs ?

I believe he is referring to an exclusive sponsor.
If the end result is even, there is no difference in taking the same amount from every company as there is zero from every company.

Back