The Callaway Mavrik Driver

no because i don’t know what you’re currently gaming and what the numbers look like. i think there is something in this lineup for everyone. but that doesn’t mean everyone will see huge upticks in performance if they switch. always always ALWAYS get fit.

one thing that rings true more this year than any other is just because you are playing a certain type off driver doesn’t mean that’s what you’ll be fit with this line. Be very careful bc this one is a different driver with different technology

no because i don’t know what you’re currently gaming and what the numbers look like. i think there is something in this lineup for everyone. but that doesn’t mean everyone will see huge upticks in performance if they switch. always always ALWAYS get fit.
Here is my thinking. Most of the members in this forum are playing with the latest or what has been fit for them or what has worked best for them. We are all researchers of this game and all its technologies and newest and greatest gadgets, etc. If all of you guys that are playing or tried this new Mavrik out and absolutely LOVE it and are floored by the numbers and results you are receiving, why would we not all think this would be a really good driver to go ahead and plan on getting? I am of course over simplifying this a ton here but hear me out. The longer we wait to sell our current drivers, the older they become and the lesser the value (in my opinion and not including the Callaway Trade in Trade up). There is a ton of weight and value in the references on this forum. Again, I am over simplifying all of this but you get my point I hope.

I don't know that I can post LM numbers yet so, I had to crop them out of this screen grab. But, a strong flight with a 3 wood off the deck. And some pretty crazy numbers to boot.

20200111_215010.jpg

Here is my thinking. Most of the members in this forum are playing with the latest or what has been fit for them or what has worked best for them. We are all researchers of this game and all its technologies and newest and greatest gadgets, etc. If all of you guys that are playing or tried this new Mavrik out and absolutely LOVE it and are floored by the numbers and results you are receiving, why would we not all think this would be a really good driver to go ahead and plan on getting? I am of course over simplifying this a ton here but hear me out. The longer we wait to sell our current drivers, the older they become and the lesser the value (in my opinion and not including the Callaway Trade in Trade up). There is a ton of weight and value in the references on this forum. Again, I am over simplifying all of this but you get my point I hope.

I don’t think anyone is telling you to not sell your current driver to maximize value, my point is don’t assume you need to get the same “type” of driver from the new lineup without getting fit or at the very least testing some out. You would be doing yourself a huge disservice and burning money imo if you don’t get fit

I don’t think anyone is telling you to not sell your current driver to maximize value, my point is don’t assume you need to get the same “type” of driver from the new lineup without getting fit or at the very least testing some out. You would be doing yourself a huge disservice and burning money imo if you don’t get fit
Gotcha. Good point.

This could be the worst time of year to sell simply because it's the off season for the majority of the country. And, new equipment buzz is at a high. I don't know what you have so I'm not sure what value you're talking about.

But, if you're set on selling first, I'd wait until next week when 13 of us, who've had these clubs for over a month now, will be posting as detailed reviews as we can. Hopefully you'll get numbers and opinions that you find helpful in your decision making process. I think our group has a pretty broad representation of swings that should help a lot of golfers that are looking for info that applies to their game.

This could be the worst time of year to sell simply because it's the off season for the majority of the country. And, new equipment buzz is at a high. I don't know what you have so I'm not sure what value you're talking about.

But, if you're set on selling first, I'd wait until next week when 13 of us, who've had these clubs for over a month now, will be posting as detailed reviews as we can. Hopefully you'll get numbers and opinions that you find helpful in your decision making process. I think our group has a pretty broad representation of swings that should help a lot of golfers that are looking for info that applies to their game.
Awesome. Thanks!

Tell me more about the Callaway Trade in Trade up deals that you have seen in the past please. Do they give you more money for your driver than if you were to sell it outright? What have you seen in the past with them?

As I didn’t get this information from Callaway I think I can post it. Talked to someone at DSG the other day, DSG will be able to offer a 50% trade in bonus with the purchase of “selected equipment” which is similar to what we saw last year. Based on some simple math, I’d expect to get about $230 for an Epic Flash driver in good shape.

I went into Dick's today and hit the SIM. The guy working said the already had MAVRIKs in the back but they couldn't put them out yet. I did try to twist his arm of course, but he said no. I'm sure not everyone is following the rules that closely.

They’re not, find a new DSG. :ROFLMAO: I saw it in hand. It’s nice. I like the looks, but didn’t get to swing it .

Wow DNevs laying down ALL the info in the latest fitting room pod.

Some pretty cool stuff going on.

That episode was pretty damn good. Him, John and Nate broke everything down step by step, repeated key words that resonate with average golfers and what they’re looking for. Looking forward to see what Mavrik is about.

That episode was pretty damn good. Him, John and Nate broke everything down step by step, repeated key words that resonate with average golfers and what they’re looking for. Looking forward to see what Mavrik is about.
Yep. Definitely gave the full broad side of info. A few questions I have afterwards but I'll wait to ask them until embargo.

So interested in the Fairways. To the point of preorder pondering.
Same here...sitting on a store credit. Plan to try the new fws, then decide.

Yep. Definitely gave the full broad side of info. A few questions I have afterwards but I'll wait to ask them until embargo.

the pod was put up prematurely but I got a chance to watch it. It is packed with information and going over my notes from the presentation it helped me clear up so minor questions I had

i think i get your point. i’m going to tell you not to sell your current driver in anticipation of buying this. here’s why.

if your current driver is great for you, waiting a few more weeks to sell it assuming the mav is better won’t cause much of a decrease in value vs if you sold it today.

but, if you buy the mav without getting fit and you don’t think you want to keep it, the hit you’ll take on cost to resell will be far higher than whatever small decrease in value you saw with your used gamer.

do i think you’ll enjoy the mav? definitely. but you’ve got to get fit.

Is the Rogue White the ‘real deal’ or made for shaft? I haven’t seen the real one in person so I couldn’t tell if there was something different. Sorry if this has already been posted

As I didn’t get this information from Callaway I think I can post it. Talked to someone at DSG the other day, DSG will be able to offer a 50% trade in bonus with the purchase of “selected equipment” which is similar to what we saw last year. Based on some simple math, I’d expect to get about $230 for an Epic Flash driver in good shape.

They’re not, find a new DSG. :ROFLMAO: I saw it in hand. It’s nice. I like the looks, but didn’t get to swing it .

Callaway does the pga value plus 50% every launch. It’s a great way to flood the market with their product.

wish more companies did this.

Last edited:
But glued.. :mad:

best thing ever done. Golfers don’t mess with fairways as much as people think. Plus the weight savings is huge for engineers to accomplish what they want from a performance perspective

best thing ever done. Golfers don’t mess with fairways as much as people think.

I continually hear this. But from a fitting standpoint sometimes that extra adjustment makes or breaks a club for somebody vs just dismissing a club.

Good example of this is the Ping G410 Hybrid.
I hear a good deal how the club wasn’t all that until it was set to the flat” hosel setting. made this much more anti left and useable for many.

One could argue why not just get a bonded hybrid bent flat. And perhaps some models can be but if you went into a hybrid fitting it’s much easier to click a wrench to see what works vs Getting someone to actually bend a hosel.

I agree that once you find a setting most don’t mess with it but for me I still like the option to tinker when trying a club or going through a fitting.

Also I like to tinker with shafts and Since I don’t own a puller tinkering with bonded clubs gets costly quick not to mention the down time waiting on shaft changes at the shop.

I continually hear this. But from a fitting standpoint sometimes that extra adjustment makes or breaks a club for somebody vs just dismissing a club.

I hear a good deal how the club wasn’t all that until it was set to the flat” hosel setting. made this much more anti left and useable for many.

One could argue why not just get a bonded hybrid bent flat. And perhaps some models can be but if you went into a hybrid fitting it’s much easier to click a wrench to see what works vs Getting someone to actually bend a hosel.

I agree that once you find a setting most don’t mess with it but for me I still like the option to tinker when trying a club or going through a fitting.

Also I like to tinker with shafts and Since I don’t own a puller tinkering with bonded clubs gets costly quick not to mention the down time waiting on shaft changes at the shop.

Fitters will have multiple options available so it can be sorted by a professional before ordering.

I think that's where a fitting comes into place. You don't have to worry about tinkering because there will be loft options across the board to try out and not have any issues there. As far as lie adjustments you can get that done and dial it in for your swing or ball flight tendencies.

I get people want to try out different shafts, but we are a minority when it comes to this stuff. The average guy just gets fit or buys a club and will never mess with the hosel or try different shafts. Callaway recognizes this and decided to save the weight for the players benefit. Luckily there are a lot of options out there if the glued hosel is going to make you discount a club.

I played Srixon fairways prior to this and then have glued hosel, no issues at all and never really need to tinker with loft, I did make sure the shaft was correct for me before ordering. The same is true of this fairway also, won't be an issue for most, the other thing will be how much better these are than the Epic Flash and other fairways. Like a LOT better in every way. More to follow on Tuesday.

Back