Nike VR Pro Driver

Lukey719

Reaction score
Handicap
nike-vr-pro-driver.jpg

nike_vr_pro_driver_face.jpg

Nike-VR-Pro_600x600.jpg

This new driver from Nike is amazing! It is their newly released competitor for the R11, 910 and many more new hot drivers out there. I was able to hit this in a variety of different shafts, different lofts, and with different tuning on a launch monitor next to both the R11 and the 910 and it blew both of them away. Let me know if you want to know more info or my stats with these clubs, I will gladly let anyone know. Also feel free to put in your comments about this driver here as well, All input is more than welcome.

I'd be interested in seeing your stats with it, vs the R11 and 910, with the same shafts if possible. Great news that you found something that works so well for you.

Sounds like a sales pitch lol, just kidding man glad you found something that works well for ya.

I'd be interested in seeing your stats with it, vs the R11 and 910, with the same shafts if possible. Great news that you found something that works so well for you.

Here are the stats for me in order of R11, 910, and VR Pro

Launch Angle: 13, 11, 11
Backspin (RPM): 3,600, 3,200, and 2,900
Accuracy (1-10) : 5, 7, 9.5
Distance (YDS): 265, 285, 295

These numbers are all fairly close except for my Backspin and Accuracy. The VR was incredibly more accurate for me and I got a good 10-15 yards with it. I would definitely recommend this driver to anyone to test. It is definitely a competitor with the R11 and 910 in my opinion.

Sounds like a sales pitch lol, just kidding man glad you found something that works well for ya.

Thanks man! I did like the R11 and am still a fan of the styling, but the VR blew it away in all of my tests. I fully expected to walk away thinking the R11 was for me and was surprised :D haha

Here are the stats for me in order of R11, 910, and VR Pro

Launch Angle: 13, 11, 11
Backspin (RPM): 3,600, 3,200, and 2,900
Accuracy (1-10) : 5, 7, 9.5
Distance (YDS): 265, 285, 295

These numbers are all fairly close except for my Backspin and Accuracy. The VR was incredibly more accurate for me and I got a good 10-15 yards with it. I would definitely recommend this driver to anyone to test. It is definitely a competitor with the R11 and 910 in my opinion.

Thanks. Nice results with the Nike. It's definitely a top driver. I tried out the 'little brother' Machspeed Black and thought it was pretty good, so I'd like a swing with this. Which shaft did you go with?

Thanks. Nice results with the Nike. It's definitely a top driver. I tried out the 'little brother' Machspeed Black and thought it was pretty good, so I'd like a swing with this. Which shaft did you go with?

I tried it 1st with the UST ProForce V2 and didn't like the ball flight too much to the rep recommended I switch to the 6.5 Project X shaft and that was the icing on the cake. The 6.5 was awesome and helped out my flight greatly and my accuracy as well. Definitely a fan of the Project X graphite shafts.

I too would be interested in seeing your numbers, if possible with the same shaft.

I too would be interested in seeing your numbers, if possible with the same shaft.

I have some numbers posted above. The R11 and VR were both Project X, but the 910 was the UTS ProForce V2, they unfortunately didn't bring a Project X compatable with the 910.

I'm also a big fan of the styling of this club. Nike stayed a little more classic instead of going all white or all black. I may prefer the simple look better. What about you guys? Do you prefer Simple and Classic or New and Bright?

I'm also a big fan of the styling of this club. Nike stayed a little more classic instead of going all white or all black. I may prefer the simple look better. What about you guys? Do you prefer Simple and Classic or New and Bright?

The only thing I am not a fan of with Nike is how shiny their crowns are. I had the Dymo and loved it because it was just a flat black, but I just can't get used to all the glare on the head. I tried the VR driver but not the Pro and really did like it.

I like the looks of this of this driver at set up. I'm real interested to test it at the demo day. I wish it was as easy to get the str8 fit sleeves as it is to get the r9 sleeves.

I like the looks of this of this driver at set up. I'm real interested to test it at the demo day. I wish it was as easy to get the str8 fit sleeves as it is to get the r9 sleeves.

Yes! the STR8-fit are so much less common that the Taylormades. But worth it in my opinion.

Yes! the STR8-fit are so much less common that the Taylormades. But worth it in my opinion.

i see them all the time on ebay

why does no one talk about this driver. i hit r11 an 910 d3 an this killed both. both those drivers have a water down shaft. that project x shaft in nike is 280 dollars alone. give this club its due. plus u can go in quarter degrees in adjusting the head.

why does no one talk about this driver. i hit r11 an 910 d3 an this killed both. both those drivers have a water down shaft. that project x shaft in nike is 280 dollars alone. give this club its due. plus u can go in quarter degrees in adjusting the head.

I'm interested in it. For those that have hit it, how would you describe the forgiveness of it?

Good not great.

boy that was a quick response! How would you compare to the SuperTri? Though I think I know that answer...

boy that was a quick response! How would you compare to the SuperTri?

Different driver for me. I preferred the ST, but cant put my finger on why. I think that is because when I miss high on the club face with the ST, I had virtually no distance loss, with the Nike, I experienced quite a bit.

Different driver for me. I preferred the ST, but cant put my finger on why. I think that is because when I miss high on the club face with the ST, I had virtually no distance loss, with the Nike, I experienced quite a bit.

see my miss on the driver is low on the face, which is why this one interests me(thanks to the marketing).

see my miss on the driver is low on the face, which is why this one interests me(thanks to the marketing).

Not trying to butt heads with JB, but I prefer the Nike over the SuperTri. I also miss a lot of my swings on the bottom of my club face and the Nike to me was the most forgiving for this particular misshit. The biggest difference for me was the lower backspin with the Nike though. Not to mention I love the the Project X shaft! :D

If you hit low it helps. That compression channel does the job. It is in my top three. I wish they had on alignment aid on the crown. Shaft loads nicely and is smooth. I noticed great ball speeds and nice roll out with it. I am not a fan of nike's unique sound but this driver is very very nice

Like some have said, if you tend to miss low and into the heel sometimes, this driver is great for you. The stock PX shaft is great, much better than the Blur that comes with the R11 for sure. The adjustability is simple and gets the job done even though it doesn't have three features like the R11. As for the forgiveness, it's pretty good. The default setting is 1 degree open so if you tend to miss shots to the right, be aware of that, but can be fixed by adjusting the str8-fit.

Back