Longest Par 3 You've Ever Played

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
There is a course up north of me which I haven't played in awhile, but there is a par 3 on the back nine that plays from the tips at 245 yds. Of course I don't play from the tips it's usually the white tees, which is still 224 yds. So what's the longest par 3 in yardage you've ever played?

I played in the Wilmington, NC City Am at the Wilmington Municipal Golf Course years ago and they had one of the par 3s playing around 270. @Carolina Dundee

A par 3 at my home course has a closed tee box that they used to use. It plays at 235 from there to center with water on the right of the green and a steep slope on the left that can kick it out of bounds. Its hard enough from 190-200. We played it from there in our Heaven and Hell tournament a couple weeks ago and the pin was back right at 251. I went into the water.

My old course had a par 3 that regularly played 210+ metres (only one tee block).

However, it was very open, downhill and with no real hazards and a large flat green. It played easier, even for new golfers, than a short 150 metre par 3 with extensive bunkers and a tricky small green.

I have played 2 courses where they were both about 220 yards or so.

I played in the Wilmington, NC City Am at the Wilmington Municipal Golf Course years ago and they had one of the par 3s playing around 270. @Carolina Dundee

they Must have had that 16th Teebox all the way back by the 15th green.

Did you hit your four wood?

Local course has a 215+ yard uphill par 3, it's a miracle to par it

I can't remember where I played it but I'm sure I played one where it was around 235 yards. It was an absolute beast of a hole.

they Must have had that 16th Teebox all the way back by the 15th green.

Did you hit your four wood?

The tee box was basically in the bathroom. I honestly don't remember what I hit. That would be the club with no wind. Could have been driver if it was into the wind.

I'm guessing around 225-230, but I can't place it right now.

we lasered one at 276 - but it was during a he-man challenge and was from a tee box for a different hole that's never used for the par 3.

the longest for a "normal/typical" setup was 247.

Sewailo #13 Bear Down Tees 253 yards when pin is in the back of the green.

Dozens that were over 240 yards. I don't play the tips often anymore but a course I belong to in N. Minnesota has a par 3 that is 227 yards off the 6,348 tees that are normally what I play. I've played it a couple of dozen times from the backs and it's 241.

The 11th hole at my home club has a green that is 60 yards long and is 246 yards from the back tees and 217 from the tees I normally play. It has a classic Biarritz green that Seth Raynor and C.B. McDonald were known for. Here's a picture from one of the bunkers on the back left of the green looking back at the tee. When putting into or across the swale, the putts can get interesting.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 2.52.44 PM.png

Last edited:
I've played a few 220+

From appropriate tees, it was 235.

240 and that's just way too far and not needed for a par 3. There are so many more things you can do to a hole than make it that long.

#13 at Sewailo Golf Club Tucson. The the tees I played it was a bit over 205. The tips that day were 254!

I played #13 on the Blue Monster at Doral from 245 yards.

I think it came in somewhere around 245 from the back tees at TPC San Antonio. It was the only time I've ever pulled a driver on a par 3, and I did not hit the green.

Like most of you I've played a few around 220.

I played in a scramble one time that the yardage was 225. Way too long for my taste.

My home course has a par 3 just shy of 220. Not the longest until you factor in the stiff coastal breeze that you are always playing in to. Plays more like 240.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozens that were over 240 yards. I don't play the tips often anymore but a course I belong to in N. Minnesota has a par 3 that is 227 yards off the 6,348 tees that are normally what I play. I've played it a couple of dozen times from the backs and it's 241.

The 11th hole at my home club has a green that is 60 yards long and is 246 yards from the back tees and 217 from the tees I normally play. It has a classic Biarritz green that Seth Raynor and C.B. McDonald were known for. Here's a picture from one of the bunkers on the back left of the green looking back at the tee. When putting into or across the swale, the putts can get interesting. The flag is just under and left of the Sun and from that very front green position, it's playing about 175 yards.

View attachment 8923118

Back