Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

the biggest takeaway for me was that with the Epic Flash line there was a more human interaction. With this line its full on A.I. compute power fully optimized......that just blows me away because I thought Epic Flash was a great line.

Different by EACH model, and EACH loft within each model--just nuts! I love the photos that show the different face thicknesses. I can see why the MAX line will really help people launch the ball.

I can’t wait for spring. I’m teeing off on hole one with that 5 wood and tiger walking that tee pickup.

Oh boy what a thread!! Great write up from everyone. As soon as I got my Epic Flash 9* I was in love crushing it, however as 2019 ended I relied on my Flash SZ 3 wood which was coming off like a rocket. Was skeptical at first about the Mavrik line but now seeing all this talk, I have to go try these bad boys out. Who couldn't use some more distance. Thanks guys

Oh boy what a thread!! Great write up from everyone. As soon as I got my Epic Flash 9* I was in love crushing it, however as 2019 ended I relied on my Flash SZ 3 wood which was coming off like a rocket. Was skeptical at first about the Mavrik line but now seeing all this talk, I have to go try these bad boys out. Who couldn't use some more distance. Thanks guys
Worst thing that would happen is that it doesn't beat out the EF SZ. Give them a try. They are an addicting club to hit.

I pulled the trigger.... Mavrik Max HW is in route. I cannot wait!

What are the rules on the trade bonus?

What are the rules on the trade bonus?

From what I can tell (it’s really poorly written) 3 clubs per wood you purchase and maximum bonus is $500.

Also, the bonus doesn’t show during checkout or on your order but will be applied when they refund

Awesome write ups and reviews in here. For all 2020 clubs coming, I think I'm most intrigued by these fw and hybrids. My rogue 4w has been a step in the right direction but the mavriks seem to have a bit more tech and forgiveness that could help me out even more

From what I can tell (it’s really poorly written) 3 clubs per wood you purchase and maximum bonus is $500.

Also, the bonus doesn’t show during checkout or on your order but will be applied when they refund
This is pretty much it. There doesn't appear to be any restrictions on what is being traded in either. The promotion states anything on their rate card is eligible. I think in some past promos, it was limited to certain lines?

So, I just realized the Max isn’t just a little bigger than the Big Tour from Cobra, but a solid amount. Wow.

The only 3W I've ever had was part of my big box set. I could never hit it well and took it out of the bag early. The Max 3W has me thinking I should give it a try again. I could really use more distance and control for my second shot on long holes.

So I'm in a dilemma. I went to Edwin Watts today and they didn't have the Mavrik Max fwy woods so I hit a SZ and the feel off the face felt great. With trading in what I am thinking about trading I am out the door at $62. My dilemma is do I continue to work with the Flash or do I pull the trigger on the Max 3 and 5w. I struggle with everything going right on the flash fwy woods and the optifit settings are -1/D. Any advice from the Grandaddy guys that were fit into the Max woods?

I pulled the trigger.... Mavrik Max HW is in route. I cannot wait!
Would you say the Max is more draw biased than the flash?

Would you say the Max is more draw biased than the flash?

there's a little there but nothing really drastic imo. The way I use my HW I want the leading edge that's in the Max line. It's easy to elevate and goes a long way. The weights are there for you to move the heavy weight in the heel to create that draw bias.

So I'm in a dilemma. I went to Edwin Watts today and they didn't have the Mavrik Max fwy woods so I hit a SZ and the feel off the face felt great. With trading in what I am thinking about trading I am out the door at $62. My dilemma is do I continue to work with the Flash or do I pull the trigger on the Max 3 and 5w. I struggle with everything going right on the flash fwy woods and the optifit settings are -1/D. Any advice from the Grandaddy guys that were fit into the Max woods?

keep in mind when you take away loft in the optifit hosel like you are, it will open up the face introducing the fade.

keep in mind when you take away loft in the optifit hosel like you are, it will open up the face introducing the fade.
So you're saying I should go N/D? Would that help with the fades?

the N is neutral D=Draw and will make it more upright helping eliminate some of the fade.

S= stated loft, if you increase loft (+) you will close the face, if you decrease loft (-) you will open the face. hope this helps

this should help explain better

1579221324255.jpeg

there's a little there but nothing really drastic imo. The way I use my HW I want the leading edge that's in the Max line. It's easy to elevate and goes a long way. The weights are there for you to move the heavy weight in the heel to create that draw bias.

That leading edge ?

I’m not you however I gave up the EF Fairway woods because I struggled with them going right.

the N is neutral D=Draw and will make it more upright helping eliminate some of the fade.

S= stated loft, if you increase loft (+) you will close the face, if you decrease loft (-) you will open the face. hope this helps

this should help explain better

View attachment 8923183
It does. Thank you. I just adjusted the heads to D/S. So this should help. You might have talked me out of buying the Max though haha.

The only 3W I've ever had was part of my big box set. I could never hit it well and took it out of the bag early. The Max 3W has me thinking I should give it a try again. I could really use more distance and control for my second shot on long holes.
I think you would do quite well with these. The distance will definitely be there. Having the correct shaft for your swing will make all the difference.

So, I just realized the Max isn’t just a little bigger than the Big Tour from Cobra, but a solid amount. Wow.

200cc

It does. Thank you. I just adjusted the heads to D/S. So this should help. You might have talked me out of buying the Max though haha.

I think you’re getting one anyway! Lol

Back