Odyssey Triple Track Putters

Good write up @mikeg_74

These look interesting.

When I saw these pictures for the first time this morning, I was not convinced that I liked the looks of this. After seeing some videos of the triple track lines on the putter lined up to the triple track lines on a Callaway ball, and how clearly you could see the square face angle of the putter at setup, I am going to have to try these out in the store...particularly intrigued by the 10 with the slant neck.

I can’t say I am totally sold on the look of these but something tells me once I roll one the tech will speak for itself.

Yup - my initial first impression of it during the presentation was :unsure: :rolleyes: I'll stick with the #7.
I'm surprised the Seven is not part of this initially. Was there any mention of it? It doesn't have as much real estate as some of the others for putting the TT pattern in place.

More firm than the Stroke Lab putters in 2018?

iteratively firmer. not like they went crazy firm. I don't get very hung up on putter sounds (except cure wtf was that all about), but I really REALLY like the feel/sound of this mh* insert.

Very, very cool idea. Great write-ups @mikeg_74 and @NoShanks, I'm still reading through the rest of the 10 pages of discussion already.

I think how Callaway is thinking creatively with "vision technology", first Truvis, and now Triple Track, is super innovative/ I didn't try triple track last year, but with putter and ball now combined as a system, there is no way I won't give this a go.

Wow, this is taking it to the extreme. I think I would have to use one of the other, ball or putter. Not both. I like the concept but just don't know if I would ever go 100% in on the putter idea. I am very interested to see those from the GD and those that purchase later, how long you stick with it and what results you end up having. Great info @mikeg_74 and the rest of you for the input.

I'm surprised the Seven is not part of this initially. Was there any mention of it? It doesn't have as much real estate as some of the others for putting the TT pattern in place.
There wasn’t any mention of it but Yeah I don’t think it would work visually. The flange would need to be wider.

Having not used Oddessy putters in the past, I was quite comfortable with how the insert felt. I really liked the way the ball got rolling so quickly.

Are you telling me all my mallets are obsolete? :confused: Maybe I need to buy a couple of Sharpies and get out my straight edge. :p

Here's about 1/3rd of the collection.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 5.19.52 PM.png

Last edited:
For those curious on the MH star insert too, don’t forget there’s a review on the homepage with the BoP and Ten that had that insert. ;)

Quoting Jman’s review from back in November! Answered my questions!!

“So, what is the difference in the two series of putters you may be asking? Primarily the insert. With the SL Black putters, Odyssey has created the “Microhinge Star” insert which based on Tour feedback is firmer than the White Hot Microhinge that is in the Silver series. The idea being that a little more firmness brings more feedback to the user. Based on my time with the Ten and Bird of Prey, as well as having reviewed the original SL putters, this is definitely true. At impact there is a higher pitch which leads to more audible feedback. Honestly, I think the user feedback from it will be hit and miss, so many are such huge fans of the White Hot versions of Odyssey’s inserts that this firmness may not be their cup of tea. That said though, the roll? Absolutely true. No matter your feel preference, there is no denying that no-one does inserts as well as Odyssey.”

For me, I personally didn’t go with the triple on the putter, I stuck with the thick single line black #10 paired with a triple track ball. But as far as the fit and finish of the triple track putters, they are excellent. They could have just went halfway and painted the top with the TT but they didn’t. They went all in on the attention to detail, the top is grooved and paint filled, and the bottom paint scheme matches the TT red/blue theme. It really looks nice in person. That’s what is nice about the variety of options in the line. Simply pick the head style you want and do a side by side test and see what works best for you.

The most staggering thing I saw was watching @McLovin line up his putter of choice. I think it was Mclovin anyway. Then fitter tested alignment with a laser. Then he lined up the Triple Track. Then fitter tested alignment with a laser.

Same shape, lie angle, putting spot and he was off with one putter and nearly spit on with another.
I was there watching @McLovin as well, since we were in the same group. For him it was a game changer, and he was psyched. I think I might of even over heard one of these.

1579218367823.gif

Brilliant ideas seem so simple. After someone comes up with them of course. This might be one of those. Not in the market for a putter but intrigued to check them out.

I like that it's actual grooved lines. Not a fan of the short TT, I think it works better as a long line

I read the reviews on these and the X interests me and I must say, they are cheaper than a lot of the competition out there. My odyssey is from the early 2000's and my putting has been my weak point since starting up the game again.

Not the best pictures but this is my Toulon Columbus and the Doublewide TT putter
View attachment 8923024
there is definitely some more forgiveness in the double wide
That has to be my favorite out of the TT line. I love the DW either way but that looks good. Next would be the Marxman and Ten.

I’m not sure what inside information you have, but all I can go off of were meetings and presentations given to us by the marketing group and a round table discussion with people across all product lines.

back to the TT putter, there will be detractors, but hopefully those interested or at least on the fence go try them and make an in hand informed decision
I watched the video from Rick Shiels today and he talked about how he thought it was going to revolutionize putting.

I got to roll a few today, my rep brought them by. I liked the Triple Track more than I thought I would and saw how it will be beneficial to some.

The idea behind it is really neat. Optically it really stands out.
But no #7? Booooo!

Quoting Jman’s review from back in November! Answered my questions!!

“So, what is the difference in the two series of putters you may be asking? Primarily the insert. With the SL Black putters, Odyssey has created the “Microhinge Star” insert which based on Tour feedback is firmer than the White Hot Microhinge that is in the Silver series. The idea being that a little more firmness brings more feedback to the user. Based on my time with the Ten and Bird of Prey, as well as having reviewed the original SL putters, this is definitely true. At impact there is a higher pitch which leads to more audible feedback. Honestly, I think the user feedback from it will be hit and miss, so many are such huge fans of the White Hot versions of Odyssey’s inserts that this firmness may not be their cup of tea. That said though, the roll? Absolutely true. No matter your feel preference, there is no denying that no-one does inserts as well as Odyssey.”
You rock!

Thanks for the insight fellas, I think the TT used in conjunction with the TT ball is dynamite.

I’m curious other than the TT lines on the putter, why would the TT Ten putter be $80 CAD cheaper than the recent (couple of months ago) SL Ten? Both on Callaway ?????? website and other than the paint job, are both putters identical in materials, micro hinge, etc? If I am missing something, please enlighten....thanks.

Thank you guys for the fantastic reviews. I like how it looks and it is hard or argue the results you guys are getting. I will be trying one of these out.

Back