Nippon NS Pro Regio Formula M+ and Formula B+ - Product Preview

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Some talk in the Nippon Graphite shaft thread has surrounded the updated Regio experience, and here is some visual data to better understand what is coming from Nippon with their + series.

Formula B+
6cd91c94070bff96fa36f0289f0672e3.png

The build here is similar to the Modus3 Tour120 iron shaft profile. That means a firmer experience in the bottom end of the shaft middle, which allows golfers to not experience a loss in power when really driving at the ball. Here's a quick look at the bend profile and the specs incorporated with B+

3ad4b2e627e9d953a2756fee1ba4d531.png

aecff838991c4eab9d5616f57b1d85b0.png

Formula M+
08ce6a4ada2f3d2c7e41c1bf00c26a77.png

Closely aligned with the Modus3 130 iron shaft design, this relatively consistent bend profile has additional strength in the upper mid portion of the shaft, promoting a smoother swing experience for greater success. Here's a quick look at the bend profile and the specs incorporated with M+

11b39c18b09424bf3cfd55b558dd2ad6.png

0843f7c3bcb999b59fa06c12aa03d20d.png

Any news if the price is still $495! Any chances for a new Regio MB+?

Any news if the price is still $495! Any chances for a new Regio MB+?

Its not available in US yet, but will be with fitters very soon.
That price you saw is from Tour Spec, which sells JDM stuff in the US at a premium.

Thanks for sharing Dan.

Based on the B+ being closer to the 120 I’d like to try that. Enjoying my Nippons in my irons

Thanks for sharing Dan.

Based on the B+ being closer to the 120 I’d like to try that. Enjoying my Nippons in my irons

I think these shafts are so underrated (at least the last iteration).

I was recently fitted into the Modus 120X. I'm interested in the Regio B!

I think these shafts are so underrated (at least the last iteration).

Gaming underrated and underappreciated stuff is fun; I'm still hoping to try them some day based on your positive comments and experience.

I wonder why no X Flex in the 75 gram shafts? Also, when these are released, will that drop the price on the original shaft?

I wonder why no X Flex in the 75 gram shafts? Also, when these are released, will that drop the price on the original shaft?

Looking at the profiles, I thought the same thing on missing an “X” in the 75 series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the profiles, Im wondering how many amateurs would fit into a X there.

Nippon NS Pro Regio Formula M+ and Formula B+ - Product Preview

Looking at the profiles, Im wondering how many amateurs would fit into a X there.

I’m no expert in shaft bend profiles but wouldn’t an X offering as an option be almost standard? I mean if you look at the B+ above in the description it’s modeled off the 120 iron. That comes in an X and a TX. The 75g stiff is Almost near 80 g. Maybe that’s a reason an X is not necessary on the 75g?

I’m no expert in shaft bend profiles but wouldn’t an X offering as an option be almost standard? I mean if you look at the B+ above in the description it’s modeled off the 120 iron. That comes in an X and a TX. The 75g stiff is Almost near 80 g. Maybe that’s a reason an X is not necessary on the 75g?

X is available though. Just not at that weight.
An 80g X flex shaft is not going to be fit into by a lot of golfers.
Especially as materials have evolved and players are going lighter and lighter.

X is available though. Just not at that weight.
An 80g X flex shaft is not going to be fit into by a lot of golfers.
Especially as materials have evolved and players are going lighter and lighter.

Yeah makes sense! 80g X driver shaft doesn’t sound too fun!

Anyone seen one of these out in the wild yet?

Not me.

Plus, I'm still married to the MB hahaha
I can’t think of any OEMs that offer these or the originals in their lineups even as upgrades?!

I can’t think of any OEMs that offer these or the originals in their lineups even as upgrades?!
They are definitely tough to find, that's for sure. Nippon has such pride in their iron lineup that I'm just not sure these will ever be prioritized to take on those slots in OEM product.

I've still yet to find a place to get these outside jdm imports. I know Nippon is focused on their iron shafts and have brought out GOST last year, but does anyone have experience with these?

327571A8-2504-455B-A1B6-C828D6FC68C1.jpeg

I wonder what made them move to a more neutral profile, rather than having significant color (even if they altered to a transition into all back instead of all white).

When I have my OG Regio in play, I almost always get a question about it because it's not familiar to someone.

Back