Trying to Break 100

when measuring driver length, are you measure tip of the butt/grip to sole of the club? or are you simply measuring tip to tip on the shaft (so to speak :LOL:)? and if tip to tip, is it bare shaft, or with the adapter?

Not sure if it's the right way to measure but I went down to the bottom of the screw when connected to the head.

when measuring driver length, are you measure tip of the butt/grip to sole of the club? or are you simply measuring tip to tip on the shaft (so to speak :LOL:)? and if tip to tip, is it bare shaft, or with the adapter?

Here ya go. Simple walk through on how to measure

My M6 driver is 45.75 in. and my M6 3 wood is 43.25 in., and I hit my 3 wood way better, but in my case, I do sacrifice distance, maybe 20 yards. For me the consistancy is worth it, but the sub 10HC guys at work say I should stick with the driver for the extra 20 yards and just learn how to hit it. Their thinking is being able to use a 7i vs 5i on long par 5s make is worth it.

48 on my 9 today...hit 6 of 7 FW (that shorter driver is working out quite nicely)...but 44% GIR again (still good for me). the one thing that I have noticed is I DO feel the flex in my irons (they are regular flex)...it doesn't bother me but I notice/feel it more...the 565s i just picked up in trade are stiff shafts but they are almost too pretty to play (but they're getting played....soon). great day for golf. if you woulda told me 10 yrs ago that i'd love playing this much, i wouldn't have believed you.

Took advantage of 65 degree weather here in New Jersey and played nine holes this afternoon. Got off to a good start with two pars in the first four holes, but faded down the stretch and ended with a 51. Didn’t hit behind the ball neary as much as I have been and hit some good iron shots, but carding a 9 on one of the par 5’s did me in - couldn’t hit a single shot well the entire hole. I did have one of my best putting performances though - made three one-putts from ten to fifteen feet, which definitely put a smile on my face.

I knew there'd be days like this...56...had to take the bad with the good. pitching inside of 30 was pretty good. no runners off the greens...a few were shorter than i'd like but I'd rather have that than the runners off the green...lost the 3 bridgestone B-XS I bought but man, did they feel good. coulda been "new ball syndrome" but they seemed to fly better...primarily played my e6 softs and love them. lowering my tee height worked out well on the range but didn't follow to the course...I think that was due to a nice, relaxed swing on the range vs trying to power the club on the course. only hit 2 of 6 fairways ?...still a nice, easy walk for 9...best part of all? no one in front of me the whole time.

Gonna try 9 holes tomorrow. I don’t expect much in the way of scoring since I haven’t swung a club since October.

But hey, I’ll be golfing in Ohio in January so that’s a win

Gonna try 9 holes tomorrow. I don’t expect much in the way of scoring since I haven’t swung a club since October.

Definitely a win. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets hear about the clubs tomorrow too.

shot 46 on a "walkabout 9" this afternoon...the +10 came on over the last 4 holes :/...but the first 5 holes were really good for me. didn't get a good tee shot on the first hole so I used my 4i off the deck on the dogleg 2nd hole...hit a nice 191yd drive to set me up for a straight second shot at the green...hit the 4 again to get me 75yd from the green and pitched the PW a foot from the pin...hitting my driver longer (working on "squeezing the elbows together?") so I hope I can stay consistent with that...only hit 3 of 7 FW but only one tee shot was out of the way and my irons saved me there. all in all, a good afternoon walking the course again...i'm not sure i'll ride a cart again anytime soon.

My shaft shortening continues, just made an offer for Matrix Ozik Red Tie 65 Q4 for my F8 5-6FWY. It plays almost 2" shorter. It's the same shaft that was in F6 Baffler fairway also used by Fowler back in the day. Just need to come up with a catchy name for this club. Driver with 3w shaft is thriver, as a concept this is a Poor Man's Super Hybrid but it's not that catchy nor punchy name. Suggestions anyone?
Just double check the adapters before you shell out. I was going to try this with the F7's and found the hybrid and wood/driver shaft adapters were not compatible.

Just double check the adapters before you shell out. I was going to try this with the F7's and found the hybrid and wood/driver shaft adapters were not compatible.
Yep, I asked cobra cs and they gave me the same info. Matrix ozik red (same shaft that was in f6 baffler) is about to be delivered next week. It's about 1.5" shorter, so playing length is similar to Baffler and Cally super hybrid.

shot +6 over 8 holes today as I beat the rain...irons were erratic. driver was long...only hit 50% of my FW but my average was up 10 yards off the tee. I guess that's good.

and idk what it is but my long drives (250-260) were all with the bridgestone b-xs and b-x...coincidence?

20200116_144946.jpg

Last edited:
I played 9 Tuesday afternoon. Course was soft but not actually very wet. Greens were - shaggy? I hadn't swung a club since October so my goal was to not injure myself. Mission accomplished.

I shot 51, which I was OK with considering the circumstances. Several 3 putts where I couldn't hit the ball hard enough & they stopped 1-2" from dropping, so that alone would've given a sub-50 score.

My swing resulted in a sweeping hook on most shots. Couldn't figure out why - again, I was just enjoying playing golf in NE Ohio in January:D
I was also playing with Snickerdog's old Mizuno JPX919HM irons for the first time. I couldn't really tell much given the ball flight, but I did notice that the club heads felt heavier to me - Like I could feel the weight of the head moving around me as I swung. That's a new sensation & one that might give better feedback on swings (I think).

I did hit a couple of nice 8-iron punch shots under trees that worked out perfect & made the green.

Time to start working out & set up a swing station at home so I'm ready to take advantage of these playing opportunities. It might be a while before i get outside now - 2" of snow on the ground and more coming. :(

I wished I could stay on the 90s side of 100 consistently. I make a few mistakes that if I could prevent would keep me in 90s golf. I hover right around 100 or slightly over. Usually it is because of a couple bad holes, chunked chips, or a 3 putt here an there. Improving those things would keep me in the 90s. I have had around 3-4 games in the 90s and one game in the high 80s. The rest have all been 100 or over a tad.

I wished I could stay on the 90s side of 100 consistently. I make a few mistakes that if I could prevent would keep me in 90s golf. I hover right around 100 or slightly over. Usually it is because of a couple bad holes, chunked chips, or a 3 putt here an there. Improving those things would keep me in the 90s. I have had around 3-4 games in the 90s and one game in the high 80s. The rest have all been 100 or over a tad.
Sounds like a lot of us in this thread. We know we can make the shots needed to shoot in the 90's or lower, but struggle with how frequently we fail to make them. While I'd love to be able to control spin, hit a flop shot, do a better job of reading greens, etc., what hurts the most is failing to execute the shots I know I can already make.

Sounds like a lot of us in this thread. We know we can make the shots needed to shoot in the 90's or lower, but struggle with how frequently we fail to make them. While I'd love to be able to control spin, hit a flop shot, do a better job of reading greens, etc., what hurts the most is failing to execute the shots I know I can already make.
I heard a guy once say it is all about minimizing the bad shots in a golf round. As simple as that is, it is no doubt the baseline truth. The games I play the best are the ones that I am able to minimize the bad shots. I pretty much know my weaknesses on the course.

The only thing I cannot seem to figure out is the blowup hole that happens every now and then. I started another thread about blowup holes to discuss this. I was amazed at the responses and the similarities.

Good players have blow up holes. The main differences are they don’t have as many and they have the game to recover from them. For me, any more than two triples or higher and there is little chance of recovering with a decent score. Birdies, and even pars, are just too hard to come by.
Like you, my best rounds haven’t come from exceptional shots. They’ve come about from minimizing mistakes on normal shots.... along with a little luck mixed in.

I played 9 Tuesday afternoon. Course was soft but not actually very wet. Greens were - shaggy? I hadn't swung a club since October so my goal was to not injure myself. Mission accomplished.

I shot 51, which I was OK with considering the circumstances. Several 3 putts where I couldn't hit the ball hard enough & they stopped 1-2" from dropping, so that alone would've given a sub-50 score.

My swing resulted in a sweeping hook on most shots. Couldn't figure out why - again, I was just enjoying playing golf in NE Ohio in January:D
I was also playing with Snickerdog's old Mizuno JPX919HM irons for the first time. I couldn't really tell much given the ball flight, but I did notice that the club heads felt heavier to me - Like I could feel the weight of the head moving around me as I swung. That's a new sensation & one that might give better feedback on swings (I think).

I did hit a couple of nice 8-iron punch shots under trees that worked out perfect & made the green.

Time to start working out & set up a swing station at home so I'm ready to take advantage of these playing opportunities. It might be a while before i get outside now - 2" of snow on the ground and more coming. :(

I love my HMs! Got them fitted through my instructor, who is Mizuno certified. They will definitely give you contact feedback.

Great thread for us 100 pluses. Since I'm a tightwad, golf is all about economics. If I shell out $$ for a round, I want max benefit and enjoyment. So 100+ gives me "lowest cost per shot per round" and I get to see the entire golf course!

Great thread for us 100 pluses. Since I'm a tightwad, golf is all about economics. If I shell out $$ for a round, I want max benefit and enjoyment. So 100+ gives me "lowest cost per shot per round" and I get to see the entire golf course!
This made me laugh. I saw a parody golf video and it was so funny because it was based on getting more shots for your money. I was cracking up while watching it.

Good players have blow up holes. The main differences are they don’t have as many and they have the game to recover from them. For me, any more than two triples or higher and there is little chance of recovering with a decent score. Birdies, and even pars, are just too hard to come by.
Like you, my best rounds haven’t come from exceptional shots. They’ve come about from minimizing mistakes on normal shots.... along with a little luck mixed in.
One thing that has helped me, on occasion is to "re-adjust par". If you know your handicap it's relatively easy. I'm a 22 cap. That means I get an extra stroke on every hole and two strokes on the four toughest holes (as I'm sure most of you know). According to my hcp, THAT IS PAR.

Now, I know we're all trying to improve and lower "our par" but sometimes it's best to approach a hole knowing that you got a couple of stroke "in your pocket". It relieves the stress once in a while of trying to actually make par and sometimes you play the hole a lot better than you would if you're actually trying to match a scratch players par. Sometimes a different mental approach makes all the difference.

One other thing that I started doing, and it lead to WAY more rounds in the 90s, was I stopped keeping a running tally on my score. Don't get me wrong, I kept score and counted all my strokes but I didn't add any of it up until my round was over. Before I was adding up the doubles and triples and keeping a mental note after each one of what I would need to do to break 100 as the round was playing out. It was disastrous. I never ended up meeting my expectations because I SET EXPECTATIONS. Try it on your next few rounds. Play it out and then add it up. I would not be surprised to hear that your scores were a bit lower.

and idk what it is but my long drives (250-260) were all with the bridgestone b-xs and b-x...coincidence?
Possibly, but stick with it until it changes. Don't forget to monitor the other shots as much as the drives though.

The Bridgies might (as an example) be long drive friendly for your delivery, but chipping unfriendly. Or spin monsters that check immediately while you're trying bump n runs. (y)

#liveoverpar!

My rehabbed SC Huntington Beach putter is on its way back from Peter (@SpaceBandito) at KickAss Clubs. It’s OUTSTANDING! Here’s some before and after photos...

dcba323f6a1c9a0e315478250fa83df0.jpg

ddc294d95c6cb0911901540a4499eb65.jpg

274e3f2ee5131a2cda58680b30aee882.jpg

Back