Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

BUSHNELL GOLF UNVEILS THE NEW TOUR V5 AND TOUR V5 SHIFT
Upgrade Your Game with BITE

Overland Park, Kan., January 20, 2020 – Bushnell Outdoor Products, makers of the #1 laser rangefinder on the PGA Tour, today unveiled the latest additions to their innovative lineup – the Tour V5 and Tour V5 Shift. The new Tour V5 models continue Bushnell’s tradition of setting new standards in the industry through constant innovation and incorporation of leading technologies. Molded with the perfect combination of size, speed, accuracy and Visual JOLT, the Tour V5 rangefinders are designed to create confidence for every shot needed on the course.

“Golfers look to us to provide the most accurate distance readings on the course to perform at their highest level,” said Derek Schuman, Senior Brand Manager at Bushnell Golf. “We are constantly innovating and developing new technologies, and with the addition of our BITE magnetic cart mount, Visual JOLT and our updated slope algorithm in the Tour V5 Shift, we continue to provide golfers the products they need to increase their confidence and play better golf.”

i-VwscVGH.png
i-p9f2jzV.png

The new Tour V5 rangefinders feature the introduction of “BITE” technology. The BITE magnetic mount allows the laser rangefinder to be secured to the golf cart without the need for any aftermarket accessories. With 7lbs. of pull strength, golfers can be assured their rangefinder will stay put.
  • New, improved slope algorithm (Tour V5 Shift only)
  • Slope-Switch Technlology (Tour V5 Shift only)
  • PinSeeker with Visual JOLT Technology
  • Built-in BITE Magnetic Cart Mount
  • Accurate to within one yard
  • 5-1,300-yard range performance (400+ yards to a flag)
  • 6x magnification (objects appear 6x closer)
  • Bright, clear optics (2x brighter than previous generation)
  • Fast Focus System
  • Rain proof
  • Premium carry case and three-volt battery included
  • Industry-leading two-year warranty
The Tour V5 and Tour V5 Shift will be available at retailer’s nationwide beginning in late-March. Retail price for the Tour V5 is $299.99, Tour V5 Shift is $399.99.

About Bushnell Golf
Bushnell Golf, a Vista Outdoor brand, is the #1 electronic measuring device choice of golfers, offers a full array of rangefinders, which continue to change and improve the way golfers assess distances, ultimately improving performance. For more information on the Bushnell Golf family of rangefinders, visit the company’s website at www.bushnellgolf.com.

Glad to see Bushnell jumping on the Magnetic mount built into the rangefinder.

It is such a simple thing, but a huge convenience. I have added a velcro strap to mine which allows it to clip to the cart, so I wouldn't upgrade just for that.. but Bushnell makes some of the best rangefinders in golf, and mine is still going strong after a few years.

Solid price point for these. They give you $$ for old devices so I might have to check in on that.

Well, I’m rangefinderless thanks to thieves and broken units, so this def intrigued me.

I've got a Pro XE model in for repair, so looking forward to comparing the two models.

The magnetic feature is really cool, now you don't need to get a cover... But obviously makes sense to have one too just in case

I really need to get me a range finder. I’m just on spending restrictions until we get the lake house sold.

I just wanted to add that the magnet on these does work very well (XE Model at least). I attach it to the frame on the cart and have confidence it'll stay there.

I LOVE my ProXE and this sounds like it has everything the same except the "elements" feature, for much less $.

The bite feature is one I couldn't go without after using it.

The fact that the V5 is $299.99 with everything but the slope is amazing.

Great addition adding in the rainproofing and bite to both devices.

?? budget goof has them.

This is the first thing that jumped out at me. I have slope now, but have needed less than I realized.

Great price point & like the addition of the magnet! May be time to start thinking about upgrading devices...

I will be buying a new unit this year. My Leupold is incredibly annoying. My old Bushnell from years ago is still working too!

This is the first thing that jumped out at me. I have slope now, but have needed less than I realized.

I play some tournaments and I don’t want the slope even if you can toggle it on and off (we know how easily I get confused)

We only use it for scrambles and even then someone else has a slope one.

I’m in a similar situation as @Jman my hybrid was stolen and it was great because it had both gps and laser, but i have a watch so I don’t need to replace that model

The Bite magnet also gives me great piece of mind I’ll know where it is if I ride

Good information!

Really shocked to see the price given all of the features included.

My rangefinder has seen better days, consider the ponder engaged.

Pricing looks good on these!

I'm still using the V3 but this may be enough to get me to upgrade this year.

Smart that they finally added the magnet feature. Looks like a nice unit.

Sounds like great units at fair prices. I'm sure my relieable Tour V3 won't last forever so like keeping up with what is out there when it does come time to replace.

I like seeing the price point on these and it's nice to see them add the magnet. It's funny how such a simple thing can be such a big feature.

Since I'm walking a lot I don't see the magnetic holder as a make-or-break deal, but I love the rainproof feature. And the price seems good on both.

I don't know that I'd require slope - at least not for most of the places I play.

The good news (or bad, depending) is my Bushnell is going strong so I won't need to update for a while.

So I have a tour v4. Bought a sleeve with a magnet. My question for these is this. If you buy a protective sleeve rubber or otherwise, will the built in magnets still work? Are they that strong?

How can they bill themselves as the #1 rangefinder on the PGA tour? I thought these weren't allowed in competition... and isn't that all the PGA tour does (except the charity benefits and pro ams)?

Back