TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Review Thread

I am in the same boat with you on the high flight. I don't playing in wind that much either. If it is that windy, I usually just club up or grab a lower lofted iron and punch it towards the green.

I need to work on that. Last year, I was fighting a low ball, but now that I'm hitting it higher, I need to work on a contigency plan for bad conditions. I will say that I was hitting the ball significantly shorter in the conditions I played in this weekend. I had a shot that I'd normally take my GW, so I decided to hit a 9 iron. I ended up just short of the green and 20 yards away from the flag. Definitely need to work on a low shot with these.

wow guys, those were some great write ups over the weekend. I am so happy that people are getting out and hitting these. And more importantly that everyone is seeing what we have been speaking about. Its so nice to know that our reviews have lead to some good ponderings and purchases.

One T, the first sweet shot I hit had me hooked and I just kept wanting to hear that sound again. Even off the mats its definitely different. Solid, full whatever anyone wants to call it.. it's awesome.

wow guys, those were some great write ups over the weekend. I am so happy that people are getting out and hitting these. And more importantly that everyone is seeing what we have been speaking about. Its so nice to know that our reviews have lead to some good ponderings and purchases.

One T, the first sweet shot I hit had me hooked and I just kept wanting to hear that sound again. Even off the mats its definitely different. Solid, full whatever anyone wants to call it.. it's awesome.

yeah, I would have to agree. your first solid contact with these will stick in your head.

yeah, I would have to agree. your first solid contact with these will stick in your head.

I hit three balls with the CB's and they were beautiful shots...I wanted to turn around, look my fitter in the eye, and and say, "That Just Happened!!"

It does get addiciting when you 're able to put some good shots together

I hit three balls with the CB's and they were beautiful shots...I wanted to turn around, look my fitter in the eye, and and say, "That Just Happened!!"

hahahaha...and you didnt why?

lol, that would've been classic. I would have loved to see the look on his face if you'd a said that.

*Yoccos looks for tissues*

Glad you got to experience these man. I'm anxious to see how these feel outside in 'normal' temps soon....

Man, I think I'm gonna have amoment lol.

well my decision time is coming soon... TaylorMade CBs or Burner 2.0s. I think a trip to Golf Galaxy may end up putting this one to rest.

*Yoccos looks for tissues*

Glad you got to experience these man. I'm anxious to see how these feel outside in 'normal' temps soon....

Me too! Hitting off mats is lame, but these make it soooo much fun. Yes the sound is awesome, loving these clubs

well my decision time is coming soon... TaylorMade CBs or Burner 2.0s. I think a trip to Golf Galaxy may end up putting this one to rest.

What kind of launch monitors does GG have? I haven't been to one in a while because they are far way. Can you see ball flight? I think its very important, especially with these clubs to be able to see ball flight and trajectory. One of the reasons why I'm getting the CB's is I loved their ball flight, its pennetrating and dosen't waiver.

That sure is a fun decision to have!

GolfTec tomorrow for TM forged iron testing!! Then this weekend at my club they are having TM demo day. Should have my answer by Sunday on what to do!

I had a great day with my irons today, although my GIRS may not show it. I have been in a little iron slump the last 2 rounds but I got back to basics today. One thing I really focused on was ball first and not being affraid to take a divot. When I was do this, I was getting the wonderful results with these clubs that I remember from when I first got them. Again, I have said it many of times, off the face these clubs feel one of a kind. I was truly enjoying the feel today. Par 4, I was 140 out, I took a PW and hit it pure. The ball had a little bit of a draw on it(yeah, I have workability skills) and ended up pin high left. I wish I could have taken a picture of it, as the ball was going towards the green I caught myself oooohing at the ball flight. It landed soft and finished about a yard from the pitch shot. On another hole, I was about 165 out in the right rough. this rough was some thick stuff that you had to grind through. The 8 iron got in that rough and had the ball out with another ball flight that I could have taken a picture of. The ball came out a little hot and I ended up on the back of the green.

I was having a hard time with the draw today, I do not play a draw so I do not plan for the ball to draw on me, but today I was drawing everything with these irons. I was ok with that as I was making very solid contact all day. On a Par 3, it was 177 to the middle, last time I played this hole I was over the green with a 7 and a nice breeze, today I took my 8 as I didnt want to be long, I pured it and was just on the front of the green. I guess there was more breeze than I thought last time. But, this time, the ball went nice and high and landed soft, this is something that I consistantly see happening with these irons. All in all, I enjoyed my round with the CB's today and I look forward to Sunday when we have another date planned.

Good stuff One-T, sounds like these irons are working for you bro

Good stuff One-T, sounds like these irons are working for you bro

Thanks buddy! They really are. I cant even tell you how much I am enjoying them right now.

how forgiving would you say they are for a higher capper?

how forgiving would you say they are for a higher capper?

Depends on how high really...but if iron striking isnt your forte then I would recommend the Burner 2.0s. If you miss these high on the face or on the toe, you lose quite a bit of distance.

Depends on how high really...but if iron striking isnt your forte then I would recommend the Burner 2.0s. If you miss these high on the face or on the toe, you lose quite a bit of distance.

thanks, guess ill find a demo day, and my misses are usually on the toe.

thanks, guess ill find a demo day, and my misses are usually on the toe.

If you consistantly miss the ball on the toe, I think the Burners will be perfect for you. But you are doing the right thing by finding a demo day. you never know!

If you consistantly miss the ball on the toe, I think the Burners will be perfect for you. But you are doing the right thing by finding a demo day. you never know!

yeah, we will see, i love my ci9s, but i was looking for a forged set to play around with.. i guess a $800 set of irons isnt something to just play around with lol

I'm a higher handicapper and have fairly good iron contact, both the 2.0's and CB's are amazing clubs. Just give them both a shot.

I've hit about 20 different sets over the past 6 months and nothing compares to the CB's. I was leaning towards the 2.0's. As I stated in an earlier post I hit the CB's and the 2.0's side by side and although the 2.0's had great ball flight, distance, and look, they lack the feel of the CB's. I've been reading this thread since its inception and heard all of the great things about the CB's "smooth feel", and "amazing touch," but I didn't really buy into all of the hoopla until I hit the CB's at the Kingdom. The irons feel, feel, feel,.....well, they feel amazing and the only way you are going to know if they are the right club for you is by trying them out. On Sunday I ended a half-year search for my new set of irons ( a search that coincidentally brought me to this magnificent site which gave me the ability to talk to all of the awesome people on here who love golf just as much as I do).

Back