The Car Shopping Thread

Didn't even realize there was a 2020 Touareg! Damn it looks good:
7b1fa7eec3f0949a82af966e2175dc3e.png

I mean at least Audi is finally bringing over the RS6 Avant, too bad it's gonna be like $90k+ haha

Haha it’s actually amazing looking.

Even the T3 Touaregs still catch my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test drove an Odyssey this past weekend. Its actually pretty awesome.

And HALF the cost of a new Expedition Max.

They still have the option of a built in vacuum?

Always found that to be super cool.

Also top of the line Kia Sedona‘s are extremely luxurious for what they are. Not sure if that’s on your list or not?

They still have the option of a built in vacuum?

Always found that to be super cool.

Also top of the line Kia Sedona‘s are extremely luxurious for what they are. Not sure if that’s on your list or not?
Yep, it does.

The sliding seats on the Honda puts it at the top. With the twins both backwards facing for 2 more years, the ability to put one of them in then slide them for Lotte to get into the back in her seat would be priceless. As it is in the Tahoe right now she has to crawl under one of the backwards facing to get to hers and I hate that for her.

Yep, it does.

The sliding seats on the Honda puts it at the top. With the twins both backwards facing for 2 more years, the ability to put one of them in then slide them for Lotte to get into the back in her seat would be priceless. As it is in the Tahoe right now she has to crawl under one of the backwards facing to get to hers and I hate that for her.

Haha that’s so awesome regarding the vacuum.

Ahh. That makes a lot of sense, definitely not ideal currently. Haha man, I don’t know how you do it. I hate trying to deal with one rear facing and a dog.

Since my 2015 Accord EX-L V6 was totaled on November 12 when a driver tried to make a left turn across my direction of travel at 55 mph (posted in another thread here), we took delivery of a new 2019 Accord EX-L last Saturday. Our seventh Accord, and after about 60 miles, impressions are positive. We loved the 2015, and we would not have been in the market, but first impressions are the 2019 is so much improved, especially in the tech and mpg areas, that it's very likely to become our best car ever. Plus, given how the 2015 did its job in the accident, it was pretty much a given that we were buying another Honda. The rate of technology evolution in cars is pretty amazing.

I personally never own a. Car. Always bought pick-ups for myself. All brands, Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge. Always had my best luck with Dodge product. That said none of the different brands gave much trouble. Just a few little things here, and there.

My wife on the other hand, likes big cars. She's a GM (Buick) fan. Likes the safety factor of the larger, full size cars.

Having issues with the Sync 3 in the mustang. It’s complete garbage as an entertainment system when it works. Now it’s doing all kinds of weird stuff. Won’t remember my audio inputs ie always defaults to fm when I start the car (after around 2 minutes of silence) won’t remember my WiFi settings so I always get a message about available networks that I have to clear, intermittently won’t switch from night mode even in brilliant sunshine, 911 assist always defaults to off when I turn the car on. Car still has warranty, let’s see just how worthwhile this Ford warranty is.

I personally never own a. Car. Always bought pick-ups for myself. All brands, Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge. Always had my best luck with Dodge product. That said none of the different brands gave much trouble. Just a few little things here, and there.

My wife on the other hand, likes big cars. She's a GM (Buick) fan. Likes the safety factor of the larger, full size cars.

It's the reverse in my family. The wife is the one whose dream car is a truck.

After 10 years it was time to replace the boxster. Seeing the road around Louisiana are all straight I figure the days of rocketing two land twisties are behind me. Priorities were 1. Hold my clubs, 2. Small for zipping around town. (Wife has the road car.). 3. Apple play - don’t need nav then. 4. Most of newest safety features.

Now into SUVs, but needed some Home Depot capable. Enter more hatchback than CUV.

2019 Kona. Actually fun to drive, latest safety and tech. And under $20k.

f69fc2e2b6c4da3d47eceb07767cca3b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I traded in my ATS Coupe for a 2020 XT4 today.

Going to take some time getting used to driving an SUV but needed the extra room.

dedIMG_0454.jpgIMG_0456.jpg

Last edited:
Or a very expensive paperweight, not to mention it has had 7 owners! Hoovie's Garage and then Tavarish on YouTube owned a similar one and there were so many issues with the engine they ended up replacing the entire thing.

Definitely. It's not a purchase anyone should ever make lightly. I posted another one pages back for $30k. Just the yearly maintenance alone (IF it's a good car to begin with) would be around $3k annually.

I know this is a "Car Shopping" thread, but this booty never gets old:
5c40490facc7f0a5fe3a44cee5cdcc45.jpg

Also have been wrapping some of the trim pieces in the interior of my vehicle to change out the awful woodgrain trim, space pearl mixed with forged carbon looks so good:
d7f23eb7d193794f0602d3bf06a8413b.jpg

f5c5e9efc870bb1320e806cd8c49fed9.jpg

26bed72b245022d9066c240bc7f58d1e.jpg

Right now I am obsessing over a G70, M240i or a Model 3.

Right now I am obsessing over a G70, M240i or a Model 3.
Should throw in an S4 into the mix. Usually some pretty nice discounts available. (y)

Went to the Tesla Studio in Scottsdale to check out the Model 3. I am pretty impressed with the comfort and the look/feel of the interior so I am gonna go back on Saturday for a test drive of the LR AWD model.

Shopping used cars for my teenage son. Needs AWD / 4WD for the snow, safety, reliability and as much hands free integration as I can get (CarPlay...I know I can do that aftermarket with a new head Unit).

I’ve been thinking used Subaru Outback...seems to get the job done and have plenty of room even for a big guy like my boy.

Thoughts? Fusion AWD?Anything else I should look at?

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking used Subaru Legacy...

Not sure about the Legacy, but the Forester we had did not share the usual Japanese reliability. And parts were super expensive. I’d think twice about owning another Subaru after that. We may have just been unlucky though.

Not sure about the Legacy, but the Forester we had did not share the usual Japanese reliability. And parts were super expensive. I’d think twice about owning another Subaru after that. We may have just been unlucky though.

I meant Outback. Really only started looking at them as they are freaking everywhere in Colorado

Shopping used cars for my teenage son. Needs AWD / 4WD for the snow, safety, reliability and as much hands free integration as I can get (CarPlay...I know I can do that aftermarket with a new head Unit).

I’ve been thinking used Subaru Outback...seems to get the job done and have plenty of room even for a big guy like my boy.

We've had our 18 Outback for a few months now and have loved it. Great gas mileage, gets around well in the snow and is very comfortable. About the only negatives are that the infotainment system can be a little wonky at times and we miss the extra space from a bigger SUV but it hasn't been a big deal. I'd easily recommend one.

One thing you may want to consider is cost on insurance. Every area is different on price, but the cars that would be classic first teenager vehicles have a tendency to be more expensive due to accident rate.

A Subaru is going to be cheaper many times over a Ford Fusion.

The Nissan Altima, Honda Civics, Toyota Camry, and Chevy Malibu sometimes are pricier.

We gave our sons a Ford Focus to drive in Indiana. They get a good deal of bad weather. Vehicle has been reliable all four years so far

Back