The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I don't know what it is, but when tiger tinkers or changes equipment, it speaks volumes to me that he'd trust that new piece of equipment to perform. I have a feeling his standards and expectations are pretty high.

Haven't thought of that before but totally agree. He's not a mad scientist or a detached-whatever-type. My sense is that he is very detailed and thoroughly evaluates equipment for highly specific purposes. This is an interesting time for Tiger. He's competitive again AND the door is more open to Tiger behind the scenes. I also love Tiger the golf mentor. RIP the old Tiger. Long live the new Tiger.

I don't know what it is, but when tiger tinkers or changes equipment, it speaks volumes to me that he'd trust that new piece of equipment to perform. I have a feeling his standards and expectations are pretty high.
Every time I've read something or watched someone who does equipment for him talk about it, they say no one comes close to the kind of feel and knowledge about their equipment like Tiger. One article about the new Taylormade irons, the designer said Tiger could feel with one shot that a certain club didn't have any tungsten in it. He's particular about the material, the feel, the sound, the look and if he can hit his desired window with the correct swing.

Think about that for a second, with one swing he's able to gauge where they've moved mass on the perimeter, and he doesn't miss the middle.

Every time I've read something or watched someone who does equipment for him talk about it, they say no one comes close to the kind of feel and knowledge about their equipment like Tiger. One article about the new Taylormade irons, the designer said Tiger could feel with one shot that a certain club didn't have any tungsten in it. He's particular about the material, the feel, the sound, the look and if he can hit his desired window with the correct swing.

Think about that for a second, with one swing he's able to gauge where they've moved mass on the perimeter, and he doesn't miss the middle.
I'm sure he's seen a lot and tried a lot over the years, he may be picky, but he has his reasons!

Haven't thought of that before but totally agree. He's not a mad scientist or a detached-whatever-type. My sense is that he is very detailed and thoroughly evaluates equipment for highly specific purposes. This is an interesting time for Tiger. He's competitive again AND the door is more open to Tiger behind the scenes. I also love Tiger the golf mentor. RIP the old Tiger. Long live the new Tiger.
It's true, the new tiger seems way more personable and approachable.

Tiger looks like he's gonna be around and keeping the top of the leaderboard on their feet this weekend.

I just hope the kid can develop without the eternal question of “will he measure up to his dad”

I think being the son of a famous man is a bit of a curse.

Nice solid round 1 eh?

Nice solid round 1 eh?

It seems that Tiger is now over any "hit it far" mentality and (for shooting low scores) that is a very good thing.
In his days of youth Tiger never had to think and, or, try to hit it longer than other players, his flexibility just made it happen. Now as a middle aged man he seems to have accepted that some younger players will hit it by him, and as a result of this acceptance he is now swinging within himself in good tempo and rhythm. And his green side short game is looking really good. I see no reason why he cannot win two Majors this year.

It's true, the new tiger seems way more personable and approachable.

Nice to see him give an interview after the round where he actually seems happy with his performance and happy that he is playing golf.

4535C88F-17B7-4B4C-855A-D62163DD1275.pngDid you guys see this Putter? Wow.

Nice to see him give an interview after the round where he actually seems happy with his performance and happy that he is playing golf.
Twilight of the career, Jack was similar. Don’t leave them with a bad taste because that’s how you’re remembered.

Hoping for another solid day today, curious about that back in the cool weather.

Yesterday was only the second time Tiger has broken 70 in the last 14 rounds at Torrey Pines. Hoping for another solid round on the South course today.

he had a couple of tee shots that got away from him otherwise it could have been a lower round. 10:40AM tee time so it should be pretty brisk out there. Hopefully he warms up properly.

Yesterday was only the second time Tiger has broken 70 in the last 14 rounds at Torrey Pines. Hoping for another solid round on the South course today.
I heard that! It’s why if he can just duplicate that again today.....might be a fun weekend.

Hoping for another solid day today, curious about that back in the cool weather.

Hopefully it warms up enough by the time he tees off. And then hopefully he plays well enough for an afternoon tee time Saturday and Sunday!

he had a couple of tee shots that got away from him otherwise it could have been a lower round. 10:40AM tee time so it should be pretty brisk out there. Hopefully he warms up properly.
Looks like it'll be mid 60s at that time.

I think his warm ups start like 4 hours before the round. It'd be cool to see his routine someday as I struggle with lower back issues too.

Good point, there have been many robotic/stock/standard interviews from him over the years

I read somewhere that before yesterday, Tiger had opened at Torrey with a round in the 60's like 7 or 8 times... and won 5 of those times. Hopefully, he can keep it going in the right direction this time.

Ok, so a 4 putt from <25' is not a great way to start the day. Where's the video of that? It has to be out there.

Back