Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

standard 3+ which is 13.5. I have a super hybrid at 17* so the gapping fits me well.

I had good results with sz, but I flighted the ball better with standard vs sub zero. My 3 wood would be used off tee 95% of the time and would use it off deck for anything longer than 275. the super hybrid will by my trusty “fairway wood” for 230-260 range.

That is awesome info, thank you very much.

This 5w....?

Some will roll eyes, but my update tomorrow is going to get positive because, well, it’s good.

The hybo has been a little more interesting of a journey, but I’ll have more on that too when I can get in front of a keyboard again!

Anyone order their fw with the rogue 80g shaft? Curious how it feels and performs.

Anyone order their fw with the rogue 80g shaft? Curious how it feels and performs.

I did. I haven’t been able to hit it since it came.. it’s currently below freezing and sleeting here, but it’s a shaft I’ve had some experience with in the past

Has anyone ordered a FW with a specific swing weight that Callaway has delivered as ordered? Interested in a 5W but 42.75” standard length has me concerned. I want it at 42” and with a midsize MCC4+ grip it means a reduction of almost 7-8 swing weight points. Is Callaway amenable to adjusting swing weight to D2 or 3?

P.S. What are they thinking having 42.75” 5W and 43.25” 4W as standard?

Has anyone ordered a FW with a specific swing weight that Callaway has delivered as ordered? Interested in a 5W but 42.75” standard length has me concerned. I want it at 42” and with a midsize MCC4+ grip it means a reduction of almost 7-8 swing weight points. Is Callaway amenable to adjusting swing weight to D2 or 3?

P.S. What are they thinking having 42.75” 5W and 43.25” 4W as standard?

Call them and order. That’s your best bet.

Picked up the SZ 3w with rogue 70. First round tomorrow

So, it might be crazy to some of the Grandaddy guys, but, I think the hybo might be the best sounding of the three clubs I’m reviewing.

Picked up the SZ 3w with rogue 70. First round tomorrow

I have the same club. The heavy weight will probably be installed in the front from the factory. I would be curious if you see a big difference if you swap the weights around.

Tonight I just noticed that the Mavrik Max 5wd is the same size as my EF 3wd.IMG_20200123_212310589.jpg

So, it might be crazy to some of the Grandaddy guys, but, I think the hybo might be the best sounding of the three clubs I’m reviewing.
Was weird because we tried that club, fitter didn't like the way I was hitting it. Grabbed the Epic Flash hybrid and was hitting it much better.
Sound wise, it was very even sounding if that makes sense.

Was weird because we tried that club, fitter didn't like the way I was hitting it. Grabbed the Epic Flash hybrid and was hitting it much better.
Sound wise, it was very even sounding if that makes sense.
Does to me.

Having reviewed the Flash, that face shape is special, imo. The sound here is better to me, but the square toe is always so so with me.

One thing not debated is I’m not sure there are linger hybrids on the market than what Callaway has done with those two and the SH.

Does to me.

Having reviewed the Flash, that face shape is special, imo. The sound here is better to me, but the square toe is always so so with me.

One thing not debated is I’m not sure there are linger hybrids on the market than what Callaway has done with those two and the SH.

Amazing how they’ve taken left out of the equation without compromising forgiveness right?

Amazing how they’ve taken left out of the equation without compromising forgiveness right?

Im not ready to go that far on the Standard MAVRIK, it’s been no more anti right for me so far than any other hybo. But maybe more time will show that.

Yes, realize that’s the only way to about it but wanted to hear about any experiences by the forum members.
If you order through the site, there shouldn’t be an issue. Callaway does a great job of making sure SW matches the club despite the length of the shaft. They won’t just cut and throw a head on.

Worst case scenario, if something is off, their CS is absolutely the best. They will correct any errors and make sure you have what you need.

Got my Heavenwood! It’s definitely thicker than the HWs I’ve played previously, but I’m really excited to put that A.I. to the test.

View attachment 8924247

This picture says so much. It really provides some perspective on the new Mavrik MAx HW and what the new footprint looks like. I'm excited to see the gains on the course.

Fwiw, the ONLY time I’ve gotten an order where SW was hit on the nose was by calling in to either make the order (even through preowned after a trade) or after the order is placed and having them make notes. When I’ve done that, I’m 3/3, otherwise, not so good.

Max HW is 184cc, Flash was 168cc.

That’s awesomely wild.

Now that product is starting to get in the hands of THPers, I am really interested in hearing everyone's thoughts. Any early adopters get out and try these yet?

I will be getting the SZ 3W in play on Sunday. Looking forward to trying the Aldila shaft out as I have never played one. Looks wise it is ??

interesting...

I think I hit the standard hybrid, but I really don't remember. I remember my experience with the Pro and I absolutely loved it. Just wasn't seeing enough distance out of it.

interesting...

I think I hit the standard hybrid, but I really don't remember. I remember my experience with the Pro and I absolutely loved it. Just wasn't seeing enough distance out of it.
I never hit the hybrid personally. May try to demo it at some point though.

Back