Your playing style

I tend to be aggressive when there isn't too much trouble and conservative when I know there isn't too much benefit to be aggressive. I have always scored my best when I haven't been too aggressive. I have taken much ribbing for taking an iron off the tee on short par 4s but I did score better than my partners on most of those occasions.

i tend to play more aggressive than conservative. most of the time i go for every pin, but i will lay up on some longer par 5's without pushing the limit. off the tee, i swing hard enough to put it out there, but controlled enough to find most fairways. in terms of focus on scoring, i try to play each shot with a consistent level of commitment. attitude is extremely important because i have shot even par too many times to count skanking it around and getting up and down, and also hitting every fairway and every green. i think its extremely important to find what part of the games the best on that given day and try to feed off of that

I'm pretty aggressive off the tee for sure. Sadly, the last round I played, I hit Driver on every Tee except 1 par 4 and all the par 3s. I did get on to one of the par 5s in too and managed an eagle, but I missed badly on another. I also did drive a par 4 green, but 3 putted. I don't practice, I just play and obviously that's why I'm inconsistent, however, I've played more this season already than I did through 3/4 of last year and I've had the 2 best rounds of my Golf life 84 & 85 back to back.

But ultimately you mentioned do you play each hole or for lowest overall score. I am DEFINITELY a single hole at a time player. I don't ever try to think about shooting 12 for the last 3 holes to break 90 or something like that. I want to birdie or par (of course) "THIS" hole. THAT is how I have been able to shoot lower thus far.

Back