TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I fought this for a while last year. Try weakening your grip. I don't mean "don't hold the club as hard." Take the thumb on your left hand (or weak hand) and put that just to the left of center. Then take your natural grip with your right hand over the left. I hope I explained that well.

I just know that I had the same problem late last year and early on with the Rescue 11 testing.

I fought this for a while last year. Try weakening your grip. I don't mean "don't hold the club as hard." Take the thumb on your left hand (or weak hand) and put that just to the left of center. Then take your natural grip with your right hand over the left. I hope I explained that well.

I just know that I had the same problem late last year and early on with the Rescue 11 testing.

I definitely understand what weakening my grip means, but I have a nice grip now and it's not good to go changing your grip up to try and fix a swing flaw that is occurring. I'm going to wait til it dries out and then go hit a bunch of balls and mess with the adjustability of the club. I'm also playing next Sunday with my friend who is a teaching pro and is a TM staffer. I'm going to have plenty of questions for him. Thanks for the tip though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also playing next Sunday with my friend who is a teaching pro and is a TM staffer. I'm going to have plenty of questions for him. Thanks for the tip though.

That's a great opportunity. He should be able to help out with that hook. What if he tells you to open the face and weaken your grip? :act-up:

That's a great opportunity. He should be able to help out with that hook. What if he tells you to open the face and weaken your grip? :act-up:

I'd be really surprised since him and the HP gave me this grip and said to never change it. Haha. He's also all about the swing and your mechanics not equipment really at all. He recommends people buy new equipment, but that's more to do with the fact he works at a private club so the people buy everything from their pro-shop which helps him and the other staff out. Haha

Damn it. Now all I can think about is my grip and what was going wrong with my swings when I was hitting the Rescue. Stupid rain. Haha

I'd be really surprised since him and the HP gave me this grip and said to never change it. Haha. He's also all about the swing and your mechanics not equipment really at all. He recommends people buy new equipment, but that's more to do with the fact he works at a private club so the people buy everything from their pro-shop which helps him and the other staff out. Haha

Damn it. Now all I can think about is my grip and what was going wrong with my swings when I was hitting the Rescue. Stupid rain. Haha

well whatever he tells you i hope you get it fixed, its not fun going left

well whatever he tells you i hope you get it fixed, its not fun going left

Thanks. It's funny though because I started playing four years ago and having never taking a lesson and playing baseball my whole life I fought a slice then fade forever. I would always say all I wanted to do was hit it right to left and now I hit it to far right to left. Golf is a b**** of a game sometimes. Haha

I think we all suffer from the "golf swing after thought". I do the same thing when I think about the bad swings in my round.

All of my data from the weekend is at home, so I will try to get my report up tonight. It was just not a good day on Saturday. My timing was way off. I did everything but hit the ball pure. Thin shots, fat shots, slices, hooks, you name it, I did it. Maybe I was trying to overdo it with the swing tips Andy gave me. Not too sure. Sim is already booked again for first thing Saturday morning again. Hopefully it'll be a better day.

Most sincere apologies for not getting this up sooner. Who would have thought buying a house would be so time consuming? :D Anyways, to the results!

As I said previously, my time in the simulator on Saturday did not go like I wanted it to. I just could not put a good swing on the ball. I was trying some of the tips I got from THP pro Andy and thus my timing was way off. The results:

Off the Tee (average)
Distance.....LA......SS...........BS
113 yards...24.1*..72.1 mph..4043 rpm

Best: 145 yards
Worst: 58 yards (a horrible thin shot that had forward spin)

Off the Deck (average)
116 yards...17.3*..66.7 mph..1566 rpm

Best: 128 yards
Worst: 79 yards (another thin topped shot)

Shots were all over the place, but my more common miss was to the left, about 15 yards left of center. That is more me than anything else. I didn't hit a good enough shot to make good contact and get that thwick sound. To be honest, I missed hearing it. As my ball striking was all over the place, I can report that I was missing shots off center and I was losing distance. I can't speak to how much exactly, but compared to my results from the previous week, I lost an average of 23 yards off the tee. I gained an average of 8 yards off the deck though. I'd say this club will reward you with a nice, clean stroke, but punish you slighty for a bad one. There are more forgiving hybrids out there.

One of my bad shots did unfortunately take a small chip off the front of the crown. It is small and in all honesty, I was quite surprised that it was the only one. I was all over the place and expected to see more damage. So the finish is quite durable, and I am very much liking that.

The white in my opinion still looks very nice and I'd say isn't a distraction at all. It is a little different to see that white flash by as you hit the ball, but that is not an issue to me at all.

As I'm in the simulator, I can't get a true feel to the ball flight, but so far I am generally happy with the numbers I am seeing. Off the deck I am probably a bit low, but once I get out on real grass, I expect that number to rise. I am still using the standard setting as I have to find a bit more of a groove with my swing first before I start playing with the loft.

Well that should do it for now. If I forgot anything, I'll post it up later!

Thanks. It's funny though because I started playing four years ago and having never taking a lesson and playing baseball my whole life I fought a slice then fade forever. I would always say all I wanted to do was hit it right to left and now I hit it to far right to left. Golf is a b**** of a game sometimes. Haha

I have the same problem! I used to slice, and now with my hybrid and 3-5 iron I hook it too much sometimes! I guess if we hit everything perfectly we'd all be on tour though, right?

Good stuff 9i....are you swinging the R11 in a sweeping manner or hitting slightly down on it like an iron?
Most sincere apologies for not getting this up sooner. Who would have thought buying a house would be so time consuming? :D Anyways, to the results!

As I said previously, my time in the simulator on Saturday did not go like I wanted it to. I just could not put a good swing on the ball. I was trying some of the tips I got from THP pro Andy and thus my timing was way off. The results:

Off the Tee (average)
113 yards...24.1*..72.1 mph..4043 rpm

Best: 145 yards
Worst: 58 yards (a horrible thin shot that had forward spin)

Off the Deck (average)
116 yards...17.3*..66.7 mph..1566 rpm

Best: 128 yards
Worst: 79 yards (another thin topped shot)

Shots were all over the place, but my more common miss was to the left, about 15 yards left of center. That is more me than anything else. I didn't hit a good enough shot to make good contact and get that thwick sound. To be honest, I missed hearing it. As my ball striking was all over the place, I can report that I was missing shots off center and I was losing distance. I can't speak to how much exactly, but compared to my results from the previous week, I lost an average of 23 yards off the tee. I gained an average of 8 yards off the deck though. I'd say this club will reward you with a nice, clean stroke, but punish you slighty for a bad one. There are more forgiving hybrids out there.

One of my bad shots did unfortunately take a small chip off the front of the crown. It is small and in all honesty, I was quite surprised that it was the only one. I was all over the place and expected to see more damage. So the finish is quite durable, and I am very much liking that.

The white in my opinion still looks very nice and I'd say isn't a distraction at all. It is a little different to see that white flash by as you hit the ball, but that is not an issue to me at all.

As I'm in the simulator, I can't get a true feel to the ball flight, but so far I am generally happy with the numbers I am seeing. Off the deck I am probably a bit low, but once I get out on real grass, I expect that number to rise. I am still using the standard setting as I have to find a bit more of a groove with my swing first before I start playing with the loft.

Well that should do it for now. If I forgot anything, I'll post it up later!

Good stuff 9i....are you swinging the R11 in a sweeping manner or hitting slightly down on it like an iron?

Probably more of a sweeping motion as Andy had said my swing was too steep and hence why I come over the top. I was trying to flatten out my swing which would lead to more of a sweep I'd think.

I have the same problem! I used to slice, and now with my hybrid and 3-5 iron I hook it too much sometimes! I guess if we hit everything perfectly we'd all be on tour though, right?

Hahaha. Exactly

Im playing 9 on thursday after work so i will have more to share, cant wait, i will also be testing the Bridgestone B330 RX Yellow for the first time, hope i like them as much as my Zstar Yellow

Has anyone hit these and the 2.0 rescue? I'd like to know which they preferred.

Can't wait to Hit this Bad Boy, Too bad a nor' easter is heading my way... This winter will never end.

This may not be the problem at all but I thought I would throw it out there since I went through the same thing. I went through a stage where I started hooking all my long irons and my local PGA pro told me during my lesson that I was swaying my back hip over my back foot instead of using it as a pivot point during my backswing. So when I was swaying It was essentially like having the ball to far up in my stance since the more you sway the further away from the ball you get and therefore by the time I got the clubhead back to the ball the face had already turned over too much causing my hooks.

This may not be the problem at all but I thought I would throw it out there since I went through the same thing. I went through a stage where I started hooking all my long irons and my local PGA pro told me during my lesson that I was swaying my back hip over my back foot instead of using it as a pivot point during my backswing. So when I was swaying It was essentially like having the ball to far up in my stance since the more you sway the further away from the ball you get and therefore by the time I got the clubhead back to the ball the face had already turned over too much causing my hooks.

Ugh, I feel ya. To compound ontop of my old slice, I used to have a hook. I had a good buddy of mine (+2 HC) look at my swing and he told me I was turning my hips way too early in my downswing, the resulted in massive hooks, especially with my hybrids. Thank God thats over.

Has anyone hit these and the 2.0 rescue? I'd like to know which they preferred.

I have not, but I have spent some time with the 1.0 rescue. I'd say the 1.0 is longer, due to the extra speed developed by the club head and longer shaft. Looking back now, I'd say I prefer the R11 as it has been more consistent for me so far.

anyone trying the rip 105 in this club? seems like it could be a good combo

anyone trying the rip 105 in this club? seems like it could be a good combo

i havent, i think that would be a little to heavy, the 85 feels perfect to me

The rip 85 is sweet! Today, this was my fav club with my bad case of swingititus
I like this club

I hit the 21* R11 rescue today with the 85 RIP in stiff and it felt awsome. I was hitting nice little draws about 210 to 215 on a consistent basis. My driver SS is 98-100 and i did not think I was going to be able to handle this shaft. I love the way this club looks as well. Has anybody here put the Miyazaki 83 hybrid shaft in this club and compared it to the 85 RIP? I have recently put a Cleveland driver and Srixon Fwy in the bag because of the Miyazaki shafts and prefer this head over the Mashie.

Okay, I finally got to put the R11 Rescue 4 21* I bought into play today. I was looking for a club to hit 200 to 210. I found it! It hits so well!!! The contact with the face is so smooth and seemless it's like I'm not even hitting a ball. Oh and let me tell you, the white with the black face makes its so easy to line up! Just watching the black face hit the white ball, I can tell on every shot where I hit the face an impact. Not from a ball mark either, at impact. In the store I was hitting the regular shaft and was getting like 190 so I'm definitely glad that I bought the stiff shaft! I haven't had to mess with opening or closing the face, standard angle works perfect for me. I caught it on the toe a couple times, but overall I really like it. I think I toed it because I wasn't close enough, that is my fault not the club.

My rating on this club is a 4.5 out of 5. The only reason it's not a 5 is because I only hit about 7 or 8 times, so I need a few hits with it to give it a 5. But overall first impression is Amazing, B-E-A-utiful and a great addition to my bag!!

I originally had a mashie m4 but had problems with it going left. I needed a 3 hybrid too so I bought a rescue 11 3 figuring I could decide between the two hybrids. Today I replaced the mashie with a rescue 11 4. I love the looks of these sticks and the shot pattern fits my eye perfect. I also love that its adjustable.

Back