Anyone else play tennis

aca247

Reaction score
anyone else play tennis. i am doing it for the cardio but my ntrp rating is a 3.0

my girlfriend and I started playing last summer. We go 1-2 times a week. Our game is poor at best but its great cardio.

I used to play alot, but once I left school, there wasn't really any competitive teams or anything I could really join, which is why I'm playing golf more seriously than I was when I was still in school.

The wife and I played a lot last year, but we grabbed a golf membership this year and that takes most of our spare time..

It is a great game to play for exercise, and it's reasonably easy to get rallies going.

I played all through high school, I was always a high spin/agility type player. Much fun, and fantastic exercise!

I used too, I am not anymore. I only have time for one!

I played all through high school, I was always a high spin/agility type player.

Me too, except I was more of a low spin, pound it flat kind of hitter:D

Just bought a new Babolat racquet which I can't wait to hit, Yonex will be stored away for a while.

Me too, except I was more of a low spin, pound it flat kind of hitter:D

Just bought a new Babolat racquet which I can't wait to hit, Yonex will be stored away for a while.
Sounds like we'd make a good doubles team!

The wife and I play at our city park. They just spent a ton resurfacing it last year. We never see anyone else playing so it feels like our own private court.

I really would like to again but um...well not to toot my own horn or anything but I dont know anyone that is enjoyable playing with because it just becomes a lesson for them and im running all over the place to get the balls...

Any tennis players on THP?

Any tennis players on THP?

This is the first thread I've started so be gentle. I was just wondering is THP has any tennis players and if so what Rackets/grips/bad/shoes/etc you use or like most. I'm a hugeee tennis fan. Basketball was my first love and the only sport I really played (other than track) for a while. I started playing tennis late (junior year of high school) but loved it so much I worked and worked and was able to play on a decent D3 college team. Now, with basketball getting harder to find enough people to play, tennis and golf have become my the main sports I try to play.

But back on track...I'd be very interested in hearing about some other people's tennis gear if we have any hear.

Sounds strikingly familiar. I grew up in a tennis family and played junior tennis my entire youth. I took towards basketball and played that most of my teen and early adult years competitively. I now play neither and stick to golf, but I do miss both sports.

Sounds strikingly familiar. I grew up in a tennis family and played junior tennis my entire youth. I took towards basketball and played that most of my teen and early adult years competitively. I now play neither and stick to golf, but I do miss both sports.

The thought of not getting to play any basketball or tennis or golf for that matter is kind of depressing. I hope to be able to play all of them many years to come. What keeps ya from going back to either? Basketball is hard to get enough people to have a good game but tennis all ya need is one other. I think you should give it another shot because it's one hell of a game as I'm sure you know. Also, from what I have read you like your golf clothes and such and there's a lot of damn nice tennis clothing/shoes.

The thought of not getting to play any basketball or tennis or golf for that matter is kind of depressing. I hope to be able to play all of them many years to come. What keeps ya from going back to either? Basketball is hard to get enough people to have a good game but tennis all ya need is one other. I think you should give it another shot because it's one hell of a game as I'm sure you know. Also, from what I have read you like your golf clothes and such and there's a lot of damn nice tennis clothing/shoes.

FL is a little different I guess. You can always find a game of basketball or our club also has tennis there.

But with a wonderful wife I only have time for one sport in my opinion.

FL is a little different I guess. You can always find a game of basketball or our club also has tennis there.

But with a wonderful wife I only have time for one sport in my opinion.

Yeah, I can understand that. I'm in my first year of medical school and have a girlfriend of a few years so having time for any sport let alone multiple is getting harder and harder without upsetting someone or sacrificing grades. But, I certainly wish I was in florida, it'd make that a little easier I think haha

I played in a tennis league a couple of years ago. Use a Prince Thunderbolt OS racquet with Gamma TNT strings. Just picked up a used Prince Triple Threat Bandit OS racquet yesterday. Anxious to give it a try but it's suppose to rain all week. Used to love K-Swiss tennis shoes but got a pair of Asics tennis shoes, and might never buy anything else. Plan on playing more tennis this year.

Hi PF,
I am a big tennis player - I have played most of my life on and off. It is a lifelong sport for sure as is golf.
I play twice a week now in an evening doubles league but will play whenever singles or dubs.
As for only having one sport.. wow I would hate that. A great day for me is an early surf, golf and some evening doubles - followed by dinner and a beer...
I play Babolat pure drive+ (Roddick's), tnt strings, and always New Balance shoes (4e width)

It's getting harder for me to play so mainly it's doubles lately for me also. I also volunteer coach my old HS tennis team so that at least keep me hitting a few more balls than I would normally. But I completely forgot to tell what I play. I use the pure drive GT+ with poly in the mains and synthetic gut in the mains usually. I don't even really look at what brand they are because they play great and the guy who string my rackets doesn't charge me much because we're pretty good friends. I wear the barricade VI's now and i love them. I used the II's for many years until I decided to try out the nike ballistic 2.1 since I'm a huge nadal fan. They just didn't have anywhere the traction or comfort of the barricades in my opinion so I went to the VI's and I couldn't be happier with them.

I'm a tennis player. Played junior tennis but didn't play college ball for different reasons. Taught tennis for a few years while I was in college and finishing up high school. Still play ALTA and USTA tennis in Atlanta. Played some K Swiss as well. I play with Wilson K-factor six- one team racquets with Goosen polyester strings. I string my racquets at 70 pounds. Apparel is all Nike from shoes, shorts, shirts and socks. Outfits always match and I won't even consider it if it is not Nike.

I play VERY LIGHTLY with a couple of people from the high school tennis team. I can sometimes keep up with them, but I'm gonna stick to golf. Too much running in tennis haha.

I play very little with my girlfriend. It's kind of a nice little side sport to mess around with! She played tennis in high school and was a state finalist here in Oklahoma, so let's just say I'm not as talented haha!

I'm a tennis player. Played junior tennis but didn't play college ball for different reasons. Taught tennis for a few years while I was in college and finishing up high school. Still play ALTA and USTA tennis in Atlanta. Played some K Swiss as well. I play with Wilson K-factor six- one team racquets with Goosen polyester strings. I string my racquets at 70 pounds. Apparel is all Nike from shoes, shorts, shirts and socks. Outfits always match and I won't even consider it if it is not Nike.

I never even thought about my brands of clothes! I just grab whatever - does it get in your head about the clothes?? socks?
70 is a mighty tight racquet = I usually go 62 which is about ten lbs. over the top "recommended" tension on my Babolat

I never even thought about my brands of clothes! I just grab whatever - does it get in your head about the clothes?? socks?
70 is a mighty tight racquet = I usually go 62 which is about ten lbs. over the top "recommended" tension on my Babolat

I am very brand loyal to be honest with you. Once I find a brand I like i stick with it. I think Nike has done a great job at marketing the best players in most sports. Tennis for me it started with the Agassi's and Sampras' who were the best of the 90's and it has continued with the Fed's and Nadal's who are the best of the 2000's. This holds true in other sports with Lebron, Jordan, Kobe, Tiger etc. I used to only wear Nike for golf until I found Sligo and IJP so now it is pretty much those 3 brands for golf. As far as the tension I started playing with my racquet at 70 lbs years ago when polyester strings were just coming out. Pro's were still using natural gut at this time and juniors were using synthetic gut of some sort. The polyester at that time would loose tension so you had to string it tight so it would be about where you wanted it after the tension drop. I have just got so accustom to it that I choose to keep it at 70. Back in the natural gut days pros routinely strung there racquets 65+ in regards to tension so 70 was not uncommon. That changed with the luxilon and todays generation now stringing in the low 50's. I used to string my racquets myself but now just drop them off at a shop and everytime I drop them off the people just look at me like I am crazy for stringing them at 70. It works for me and I like it so I go with it.

I started playing before middle school and played on our high school team and tried to keep playing after that with some competitive area leagues in college, but those never worked out much, I got more into golf, and haven't played tennis in ten years. I miss it, but my knee probably wouldn't work out with it these days.

I love tennis, but I taught lessons for a few years and stopped really playing. I wish I wouldn't have because I haven't played much since then. After feeding balls all day and dealing with kooks it gets old quick. Played K-Swiss league last year, but I wasn't a fan of it. Now it's really hard to find someone to go play with. I can find people that want to just hit and chit-chat, but I'm not into that. My friends that do play don't want to play with me, because it's no fun for them and I understand. I always play Wilsons. I have a few Six One BLX 90s right now. It's funny how these racquets have been pretty much the same forever, just different paints. I forget what strings are in them right now. Clothing and shoes wise I didn't care what it was, because they were going to be ruined pretty quickly anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back