Forum Putter Testing Sign Up

Thanks to THP for this wonderful opportunity.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blade

2. What is your current putter? Cleveland Classic 4.5

3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? No, better feel and sound w/o the inserts

4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Getting the ball rolling on the correct line.

This is awesome!!

2. What is your current putter? Ray cook tv4

3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I've only played with milled faced putters, but wouldn't mind trying a putter with an insert

4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Sinking putts when they are neeeded, and aligning

Damn, I'd love to be apart of this. All I can do for the next month is putt anyway so I was going to be logging some serious hours on the putting green anyway.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Currently using a mallet...would like to change to a half mallet or blade though
2. What is your current putter? Hotblade, Rudder (http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/golf_putters/hotblade/tad_moore_'the_rudder'_putter_golf_putters/p5224)
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? No preference...although as a metallurgist I like the arguement that best feedback would come from a single piece of milled metal.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Lag putting! Inside 5ft I'm awesome...but judging the pace on those 15ft+ putts is sometimes a problem

What a great thing. Thanks THP for continuing the great tradition of forum testing.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I love the heel shafted blade style like the odyssey #9 or Phils putter. Also like mallets like the TM ghost Justin Rose played last year.

2. What is your current putter?
I have played with a Rife 2bar mallet (center shaft) for the last 3 years.

3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why?
I haven't really used an insert on the course so I don't know. My wife has an Odyssey 2 ball and that is great to putt with.
I guess I'd have to say no insert.

4. What is your biggest weakness in pitting? Am I allowed to say all of it? I struggle with making the short putts and it leads to a lot of 3 putts.

RB

Tappin to the oldies

In the spirit of the new and somehow even better THP testing, I'll jump in too! :D

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Mallet or mid-mallet

2. What is your current putter? Yes! Victoria II

3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I'm open to either, but the last couple of putters I've gamed have had no inserts. I find a more solid face gives me more confidence in getting the ball rolling at speed up to the hole.

4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? alignment and a tendency to push the short ones.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I prefer a plumbers neck style of putter
2. What is your current putter? I play a Ping Anser (various versions).
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I prefer a none insert putter. I like the feel and the sound of a metal face over that of an insert.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I have been breaking my wrists in the stroke which often leads to distance control issues. This is something I've been fighting for a couple of seasons.

I love the idea of putter testing by the forum members.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? As of late I am partial to Anser style putters, but I have gamed and enjoyed both mid and full mallets.
2. What is your current putter? Cleveland Classic #3
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? Depends on the insert.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Speed control.

This is a cool opportunity for sure. I love the fact the company is going to help fit each individual.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I usually end up gaming blade style putters with plumber's necks. I like the clean, simple look.
2. What is your current putter? Odyssey White Ice #1
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I've only ever owned insert putters, but am not adverse to non-insert, or any type of face that will make me putt better.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Making those 5 to 15 footers.

Thanks for the opportunity!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Mallet-style (but pretty much anything face-balanced strikes my interest)
2. What is your current putter? Scotty Cameron Kombi-S, 34"
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I am actually open to either option. My previous putters have been a mixture of no insert, steel insert and synthetic insert putters. It comes down to the feel of the individual putter for me, which is by no means dictated by whether or not there is an insert.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Directional consistency

I think I'm going to remove myself from consideration on this one. There are true putter afficianados here that I believe can do the company more justice on this review.

I think I'm going to remove myself from consideration on this one. There are true putter afficianados here that I believe can do the company more justice on this review.

I really don't think it takes an afficianado to be a good putter tester, mdb. The one question that will be most important to me is, "does it help you make more putts."

===== QUOTE mdbuschsr ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I really don't think it takes an afficianado to be a good putter tester, mdb. The one question that will be most important to me is, "does it help you make more putts."

Completely agree with Hawk here. The learning experience in trying a new putter and how it works for you can benefit all of us.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Mid Mallets
2. What is your current putter? Never Compromise NCX Ray
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I really have no preference. Feedback is what I look for and milled faces provide that as well as inserts.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? YIPS

Suspense is killing me! Must be Pal Joey putters!!! :bulgy-eyes:

Great Opportunity,, THANKS!!!!
1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I'm partial to mallet putters
2. What is your current putter? TM Rossa Monza Spider 33in
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I prefer inserts because I like the soft feel of them
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Biggest weakness currently is distance control.

This sounds awesome for someone like me that has been hitting the same putter for the better part of 10 years. This would force me to not give up on a new putter after a couple of rounds, and perhaps, improve my game dramatically.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Blade with plumbers neck, also, a light weight putter
2. What is your current putter? Ping B60
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I have not played a lot with inserts, and have had my B60 for a long time. I have tried others, but keep coming back to it because I seem to be more accurate with it then other putters
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Without a doubt, it is alignment. I am confident enough in my stroke to control the speed, it is just a question of where it is going

Sounds awesome.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to?
I'm more a fan of blade-style heads, but some mid-mallets are ok. The only type I don't like to look down at are large mallets or the modern space age looking designs. I also prefer non-plumbers necks - I like 'em straight in heel or center.

2. What is your current putter?
TM Rossa Lambeau 3 Black

3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why?
No preference at all. I've had them both ways. If the putter looks good and feels good I'll use it, insert or not. I've used everything from pure milled face to the old TM Nubbins insert.

4. What is your biggest weakness in putting?
Leaving long putts short and then just missing the line slightly - I burn edges all day long that miss by less than an inch high or low. That maybe more a vision issue than putter or putting issue.

Thank you THP!!! This will be a great opportunity to who ever is chosen to test some great equipment.

2. What is your current putter? Nike Method 001
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I have never been able to find an insert that feels good to me. They always feel to soft and I don't feel as though I get enough feed back from the face. I guess if you consider the polymer on the Method an insert it is the closest thing that I have found to a milled face.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? The biggest issue that I generally have is alignment and many times I do not get the toe to rotate through enough so I miss to the right.

This would be a great opportunity. I have wanted to get fitted for a putter anyway.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I'm not too particular I like both mallet and blade. I have never putted with a mallet type but I like the looks.
2. What is your current putter? Odyssey Backstrike Marksman.
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I do not really have a preference I like both. I use to have an old ping without an Insert and my new one has one.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I tend to have problems lining up my line and I tend to push the ball to the right.

Great idea guys!!!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Anser
2. What is your current putter? TPMills and a Tad Moore
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I have both but prefer no inserts, feel
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? consistency

Love the enthusiasm for forum testing.

1: I am a big fan of blade putters, I like the shape and the way I can square them up to the ball.
2. I currently hit a Scotty Cameron Newport 2
3. I am a no insert kind of guy. I feel like I am much more consistent with no insert and the ball always comes off the club face the same.
4. Changing from fast to slow greens or vise versa. I have many issues adapting to different speed greens, so distance control would be my biggest problem.

Thanks THP!

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I like an anser style
2. What is your current putter? Ping Anser
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I have never had a putter with an insert but don't think that i would mind putting with one that did.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Speed control. I can read the line pretty well but usually come up short.

First i wasn't going to sign up for this. But what the heck. I'll give it a go.

Just want to say that it's is really nice of THP to give the forum members this opportunity.

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? Mallet or mid mallet. Heel shafted.
2. What is your current putter? A Odyssey White Hot #7
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I prefer inserts. Have no real argument for it more than the putters i've tried in the past and like the ones with inserts more.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Distance, tend to put short. I have the aim, but tend to fail in that other, but so important factor.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? I have a mallet style now but I am thinking about changing to a blade style
2. What is your current putter? Odyssy White Steel Mallet
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? I have never had a putter that has not had an insert so I do not know if I would like one with out. But would sure try it
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? Speed I always feel like I hit the ball to hard

Another incredible opportunity from THP... thanks in advance, as always...

1. What putter style (shape) are you partial to? blade, although i've wanted to try the exchangeable weight mallets for some time.
2. What is your current putter? Ping Zing2 balanced, Odyssey DF992
3. Do you prefer inserts or no inserts and why? either, but lean towards no insert. Before my Zing2, I had a vintage Anser, love the feel of Pings. But with the Odyssey it's a combination of the grip and the face insert that improves the feel of the connection between club and ball, guiding it into the hole.
4. What is your biggest weakness in putting? I think I have a consistent smooth strike when it comes to putting. As far as a weakness it would have to be better reading the line, which just requires more practice... which we would all love! Being properly fit for a putter would be a huge help I'm sure.

thanks again for the opportunity and thinking of us!

Back