North Carolina Golfers

Lukey719

Reaction score
Handicap
Any other NC golfers out there?
Where have yall played this year that you really enjoyed in our great state?
Where do you hope to be able to play this year?

I have played at a few places this year around the south of Raleigh area. Played at Keith Hills quite a few times, Eagle Ridge, Crooked Creek, Bentwinds. I hope to be able to play Lonnie Pool sometime this year (expensive!).

I played Keith Hills 2 weeks ago, Falls Village early in the year, and Wendell Country Club a bunch of times already. I have plans to play River Ridge, and I love Eagle Ridge. I really want to play Lonnie Poole, and I will play Tobacco Road this year at some point.

I have played at a few places this year around the south of Raleigh area. Played at Keith Hills quite a few times, Eagle Ridge, Crooked Creek, Bentwinds. I hope to be able to play Lonnie Pool sometime this year (expensive!).

Lonnie Poole looks very niceee! Is it the NC State home course?

I played Keith Hills 2 weeks ago, Falls Village early in the year, and Wendell Country Club a bunch of times already. I have plans to play River Ridge, and I love Eagle Ridge. I really want to play Lonnie Poole, and I will play Tobacco Road this year at some point.

Tobacco Road is supposed to be one of the hardest courses in NC! Good Luck :D

Lonnie Poole looks very niceee! Is it the NC State home course?

It is the NC State course. Keith Hills is the Campbell Univ course and is managed/maintained by the students.

It is the NC State course. Keith Hills is the Campbell Univ course and is managed/maintained by the students.

That's really cool. I've looked at Campbell a little. Is it their PGM program that takes care of the course or just volunteers?

That's really cool. I've looked at Campbell a little. Is it their PGM program that takes care of the course or just volunteers?

It is the PGM program. They do a great job as well. Course is usually in great shape.

It is the PGM program. They do a great job as well. Course is usually in great shape.

I wouldn't mind going down to play Keith Hills. One guy I played some junior events with got a scholarship to play for Campbell, so I may have to make the trip down.

Lukey let me know when you play there. Would love to play there again.

Will do guys! Wouldn't mind meeting up and playing a few rounds with some of THP's other fine NC members.

Tobacco Road is supposed to be one of the hardest courses in NC! Good Luck :D

I know, and I am not very good, but I really want to play it.

I know, and I am not very good, but I really want to play it.

I haven't played it myself, but would love to. Test my golfing skills haha

Hey Guys played Tobbaco Road 4 weeks ago,loved it!!!!You must use the yardage book provided,I played with some guys that have played it alot,I hit my 3 wood alot so I would stay away from the sand,Some fairway bunkers are ugly I hit one drive that found the sand and I was 14 ft below the hole,We went online and got a good deal,2 rounds 1 night stay and breakfast for 109.00 a person,We got lucky and it was clear and 54 degrees,in March it goes up every mth.

I'm in the western part of the state myself. I play a lot around here and haven't really played much east of Hickory. I play a lot in TN and SC.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I'm in the western part of the state myself. I play a lot around here and haven't really played much east of Hickory. I play a lot in TN and SC.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I'm goin to school at Appalachain next year TC. What coursed to you recommend up in that area? if the weather permits :D

I'm goin to school at Appalachain next year TC. What coursed to you recommend up in that area? if the weather permits :D

I've never played golf in Boone to be honest. I play at Rockbarn over near Hickory, it's a nice track. I mostly play around Asheville/Hendersonville area.

I've never played golf in Boone to be honest. I play at Rockbarn over near Hickory, it's a nice track. I mostly play around Asheville/Hendersonville area.

Ok, I've played at Rock Barn a few times on both tracks over there. Love it up there :D especially the Jones course

Hey Guys played Tobbaco Road 4 weeks ago,loved it!!!!You must use the yardage book provided,I played with some guys that have played it alot,I hit my 3 wood alot so I would stay away from the sand,Some fairway bunkers are ugly I hit one drive that found the sand and I was 14 ft below the hole,We went online and got a good deal,2 rounds 1 night stay and breakfast for 109.00 a person,We got lucky and it was clear and 54 degrees,in March it goes up every mth.

14 ft below the hole!!! Talk about a test. I have a good friend that played there twice last year. He is a very good golfer, and he said the first round he shot a 90, and the second he shot a 74. He said he really just needed to get through the course one time to learn it, but that it is absolutely gorgeous.

Let me know when the Keith Hills outing happens. I'd love to join if there's room

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Anyone tried The Preserve at Jordan Lake? I have heard that its great.

I am from around the Charlotte area and have played from Eagle Chash in Marshville to Fox Den in Statesville (about a 75 mile span).My favorites are Tradition at Tillery ,Red Bridge in Locust,NC and Fox Den.I went to Pinehurst two years ago and played Tobacco Road,the Legacy,and The Pit -which is now closed.Tobacco Road was very tough but also extremely enjoyable just for the different challenges.Anyone else from the southern Piedmont of NC?

Dude I grew up 5 minutes from Eagle Chase! My buddies used to drag me out there with them before I fell in love with golf. Always hated that place with a Passion. Where is red bridge?

I am from around the Charlotte area and have played from Eagle Chash in Marshville to Fox Den in Statesville (about a 75 mile span).My favorites are Tradition at Tillery ,Red Bridge in Locust,NC and Fox Den.I went to Pinehurst two years ago and played Tobacco Road,the Legacy,and The Pit -which is now closed.Tobacco Road was very tough but also extremely enjoyable just for the different challenges.Anyone else from the southern Piedmont of NC?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Back