Official Sligo Thread

SLIGO sizing question:

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered elsewhere in this massive thread! Several reviews I have read (including the fine folks at THP!) indicate that Sligo sizes generally run smaller than other golf shirts. I'm 5'7" 140 lbs and the only golf shirts that seem to fit me are Puma small. While I love Puma's style, it's beginning to appear that they are my sponsor... except for the fact that I suck! Do any of you know if Sligo's sizing is similar to Puma's? Also, I noticed in the Sligo store there is a Sligo Asia section. I assume the sizing here runs even smaller. Do any folks have experience with the sizing for their Asia line?

I'm thinking about getting some Sligo pants/shorts based on the rave reviews. I wear size 28", so I may just order some 30"s and have them taken in. Are the pants slimmer fit or more loose?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!!

Asia collection has similar sizing to the regular if you ask me. I would call their fit similar to the fit of PUMA over the last few years (although PUMA sizing changed this year). If you wear a small in PUMA, small in Sligo should work rather well.

Thanks for the quick reply! How did Puma sizing change this year? I haven't gotten anything new from them this year, but I did notice that a few of the small shirts I got from them last year were running a bit bigger than previous years.

Thanks for the quick reply! How did Puma sizing change this year? I haven't gotten anything new from them this year, but I did notice that a few of the small shirts I got from them last year were running a bit bigger than previous years.

They are changing to a more conventional cut rather than athletic cut. Broader on shoulders (slightly) and more material by the waist.

SLIGO sizing question:

Apologies in advance if this has already been covered elsewhere in this massive thread! Several reviews I have read (including the fine folks at THP!) indicate that Sligo sizes generally run smaller than other golf shirts. I'm 5'7" 140 lbs and the only golf shirts that seem to fit me are Puma small. While I love Puma's style, it's beginning to appear that they are my sponsor... except for the fact that I suck! Do any of you know if Sligo's sizing is similar to Puma's? Also, I noticed in the Sligo store there is a Sligo Asia section. I assume the sizing here runs even smaller. Do any folks have experience with the sizing for their Asia line?

I'm thinking about getting some Sligo pants/shorts based on the rave reviews. I wear size 28", so I may just order some 30"s and have them taken in. Are the pants slimmer fit or more loose?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!!

Asia collection has similar sizing to the regular if you ask me. I would call their fit similar to the fit of PUMA over the last few years (although PUMA sizing changed this year). If you wear a small in PUMA, small in Sligo should work rather well.

I'll second JB's comments here. I recently picked up a new Puma shirt in medium and the fit is very similar to the the Sligo mediums. I have Sligo Asia shirts and regular ones as well and they do run similar. I'd say the Asia are maybe just a hair (I mean just a hair) smaller. The difference is almost un-noticable.

Thanks, guys. Just submitted an order for some shirts and pants with Sligo and will report back when they arrive!

Thanks, guys. Just submitted an order for some shirts and pants with Sligo and will report back when they arrive!

Hope you went with Smalls. I am 5'8 160 and pretty broad in the shoulders and back, but slim in the mid-section and I just ordered 2 meds from the Asia collection. They fit well, but I think I could've pulled off Smalls, although they would fit tight (but I kinda like that).

The pants I got were 32s, and they fit true to size.

Enjoy your order, their stuff is the best style/quality vs price you will find!

@Sligo could we get some of those pics posted on twitter yesterday (3/25) posted in here as well? Those new Wallacks look incredible and I would love to see bigger pics of them.

Where does a guy go to buy Sligo apparel? The only place I can find online is the Canadian based Sligo website.

Hope you went with Smalls. I am 5'8 160 and pretty broad in the shoulders and back, but slim in the mid-section and I just ordered 2 meds from the Asia collection. They fit well, but I think I could've pulled off Smalls, although they would fit tight (but I kinda like that).

The pants I got were 32s, and they fit true to size.

Enjoy your order, their stuff is the best style/quality vs price you will find!

I did end up going with the smalls - I bought one from the regular line and one from the Asia line. I also like a slimmer fit shirt, but if the small fits you, they might be a bit large for me! Anyways, I'm eagerly awaiting their arrival!

Where does a guy go to buy Sligo apparel? The only place I can find online is the Canadian based Sligo website.

Fairwaystyles.com

Click the banner on the forum if you would like.

You can also check out Golf Galaxy.

It figures, just when I ask Fairwaystyles finally gets the 2011 apparel posted. Can't wait to get my hands on some Digitile pants!!!

Can't go wrong with Fairway Styles. They often mail out the same day as the order... and I get my Sligo from them usually in 2 days. Their customer services is top notch too.

It figures, just when I ask Fairwaystyles finally gets the 2011 apparel posted. Can't wait to get my hands on some Digitile pants!!!

I got some Platinum Digitile pants a couple weeks back, sooooo nice!

Fairway Styles has added few more 2011 shirts... still no Wallack. :(

Fairway Styles has added few more 2011 shirts... still no Wallack. :(

That is because its in such high demand as one of the best EVER. :act-up:

I have a package coming in on Friday I believe and cannot wait to see what is in it.

haha! Brian Gay definitely seems to like it and has shot some great scores wearing it. I really dig that shirt, but I think my fav is the Scotty, with the Seven right behind and the Wallack right behind that...

Just spoke to John @ FS the Wallack and rest of the shirts should be posted by the end of the day!!! I'm glad I called since I was just going to get the Seven Citrus to use my 20% off code!

:rockon::joy::joy::blob::blob::clapp::clapp:

Last edited:
The pink and white Wallack are up on FS!!!

The pink and white Wallack are up on FS!!!

I just saw that and thought we should alert JB that the best shirt in the history of golf was finally available. You beat me to it! I'm sure he already has it in every color...

I still don't see the Wallack posted, but I do want the St. James something fierce now.

I haven't ever looked at their belts before and they are pretty sharp. FairwayStyles has some good deals. *pulls credit card out, swipes it*. Now i need to hide this from the wife...hmmm??

I haven't ever looked at their belts before and they are pretty sharp. FairwayStyles has some good deals. *pulls credit card out, swipes it*. Now i need to hide this from the wife...hmmm??

No need to hide... give the standard line I use. ' Don't worry, I got a good deal on it'... easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission !

No need to hide... give the standard line I use. ' Don't worry, I got a good deal on it'... easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission !

Brillant....plus I think women love to hear about good shopping deals.

Thats what you have to do. Then when you wear it and she ask 'is that new' you reply 'no babe I have had this and just haven't worn it for a while.'

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Back