Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Hit the SZ and SZX last week. I really like both of them and now i'm not sure if I want the forgiveness or the lower spin.

Also, side effects of getting fat is slower ball speeds. Need to get back in shape.

I think I was most excited to test these today, and that face looks truly incredible, but when compared to the other drivers this one just didn't perform as well for me, but the feel was really nice. I did see my highest average launch out of everything I tested with the 12* head.
IMG_5287.jpg

Ok this question is for the Geek Squad.

Who is already planning on buy and Switching up the weights on your Speedzone?

I plan on purchasing a 12 gram weight for the back end and a 4 gram weight for the Front Spot.

From the 14 gram back. Two grams in the front. To lower the spin and trajectory without changing the overall Club head weight.

Just a Touch of Tinkering :drinks:

Well I had a complete melt down this weekend...

I had gone to Haggin Oaks in Sacramento about a week ago to hit the new drivers. I hit the Mavrik, SIM, and Cobra Speedzone. I came away with the idea I would stay with my F9 driver. Well, my wife and I made it back to Haggin Oaks this weekend just to look around. She wanted to hit the new One Length irons. Well, I just couldn't resist hitting drivers again. This time I hit the Cobra Speedzone Xterme. OMG!! I fell in love!

I have been struggling with a hard draw (snap hook) for months now. I have taken several lessons to try to strengthen it out. Nothing helped, until I HIT THE XTREME!! First ball was straight down the middle with medium flight. I was in shock. So I hit another and another and another. SAME RESULT! My wife looks at me and says "You need to buy this driver!" I was in shock again!

Long story short...I ordered the Xtreme this morning with a Smoke Yellow shaft.

I had gone to Haggin Oaks in Sacramento about a week ago to hit the new drivers. I hit the Mavrik, SIM, and Cobra Speedzone. I came away with the idea I would stay with my F9 driver. Well, my wife and I made it back to Haggin Oaks this weekend just to look around. She wanted to hit the new One Length irons. Well, I just couldn't resist hitting drivers again. This time I hit the Cobra Speedzone Xterme. OMG!! I fell in love!

I have been struggling with a hard draw (snap hook) for months now. I have taken several lessons to try to strengthen it out. Nothing helped, until I HIT THE XTREME!! First ball was straight down the middle with medium flight. I was in shock. So I hit another and another and another. SAME RESULT! My wife looks at me and says "You need to buy this driver!" I was in shock again!

Totally on fire! Nothing better than the feel of a sweet hit off the tee!

When the wife says "Buy it", you buy it. :D

Yep, the wife saying it means it is etched in stone. Oh wait, you better purchase quickly! :cool:

When the wife says "Buy it", you buy it. :D

And when the wife says "Don't buy it", you just buy it and keep quiet since she doesn't know what your clubs look like. And there are so many anyway, and as long as her dad doesn't say what do you think of the new clubs hubby just bought....

And when the wife says "Don't buy it", you just buy it and keep quiet since she doesn't know what your clubs look like. And there are so many anyway, and as long as her dad doesn't say what do you think of the new clubs hubby just bought....
Just gotta try to hide the long box when it shows up from UPS/Fedex. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Same theory they use with clothes and purses.

I remember taking my daughter to an NBA game when she was about 12. She wanted a jersey and they one she likes was pretty pricy. I got it anyway and said, don't tell mom how much we spent. Before she thought it through she blurted 'just take the tags off before we take it home, that's what we do when we go shopping'.

My G400 Max knows I'm looking. I had a phenomenal day driving yesterday. It just knows I have my eye on something else.

This morning at sea level. With the temperatures in the low 40's. Zero roll out in Southern California.

The driver was incredible. First hole 292. Second hole 286. Third hole par 3. Fourth hole 278. Fifth hole 282. The best start of my life. Middle of each Fairway.

Just gotta try to hide the long box when it shows up from UPS/Fedex. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nah. I have gone next level and ship anything golf related to the office.

Two more holes with the driver. 256. And 272.

Truth be told. The best part of the Speedzone isn't the Distance. It's the stability and forgiveness.

It turns my local short 6200 yard track into a Bomber's Paradise.

While before I was using strategy hitting 3 wood and Driving iron off the Tee for most holes, and saving the Driver for one or two wide open holes.

The Speedzone has allowed me to aim at small targets in the distance and hit them within 10 to 15 yards.

Hitting 60 to 90 yard approach shots is just a lot easier then my usual 140 to 170 yarder approach shots after having to lay up off the Tee. :drinks:

A different point needs to also be made. The unique combination of the Speedzone and the Hzrdus Smoke Yellow is incredibly reliable and stable throughout the swing. I have last year's Hzrdus Smoke and I have plugged it into the Speedzone to test the different. It is night and day, no comparison. It almost feels like you are hitting a totally different Driver Head.

Cobra obviously knows what they are doing and must have worked closely with Project X engineers to make a completely balanced exceptional Driver. :drinks:

A different point needs to also be made. The unique combination of the Speedzone and the Hzrdus Smoke Yellow is incredibly reliable and stable throughout the swing. I have last year's Hzrdus Smoke and I have plugged it into the Speedzone to test the different. It is night and day, no comparison. It almost feels like you are hitting a totally different Driver Head.

Cobra obviously knows what they are doing and must have worked closely with Project X engineers to make a completely balanced exceptional Driver. :drinks:

Which model Speedzone are you using?

I had a chance to hit both drivers at a Worldwide Golf Store (Uinta golf)....The SZ extreme had way too high of a spin rate for me. The SZ ended up better, and the fitter said with the right shaft it would be even better. Unfortunately he only had about 4 shafts that were close and I tried 3 of them. I was getting a spin rate of around 3800 with the Extreme. Then with the SZ I got the spin rate to 2500-2600 with the Rogue Silver, but was over 3000 with both the Hzrdus Smoke Yellow and with the Tensei Blue. My swing speed was between 106-108. I wanted to get it dialed in the SZ driver a little more. So the next day I went to the PGASuperstore. The fitter at the PGASuperstore only had 3 shafts again. Hzrdus yellow, Tensei Blue, and Rogue Silver, 110msi (all three S flex). By the end, and after about 80 drives, I ended up with the SZ head again, not the extreme. 9 deg, moved to 10 deg with Rogue Silver shaft. In the end I was averaging 147 mph ball speed, 2300 back spin, and 15.3 deg launch angle. So just about ideal according to the fitter.

I had a chance to hit both drivers at a Worldwide Golf Store (Uinta golf)....The SZ extreme had way too high of a spin rate for me. The SZ ended up better, and the fitter said with the right shaft it would be even better. Unfortunately he only had about 4 shafts that were close and I tried 3 of them. I was getting a spin rate of around 3800 with the Extreme. Then with the SZ I got the spin rate to 2500-2600 with the Rogue Silver, but was over 3000 with both the Hzrdus Smoke Yellow and with the Tensei Blue. My swing speed was between 106-108. I wanted to get it dialed in the SZ driver a little more. So the next day I went to the PGASuperstore. The fitter at the PGASuperstore only had 3 shafts again. Hzrdus yellow, Tensei Blue, and Rogue Silver, 110msi (all three S flex). By the end, and after about 80 drives, I ended up with the SZ head again, not the extreme. 9 deg, moved to 10 deg with Rogue Silver shaft. In the end I was averaging 147 mph ball speed, 2300 back spin, and 15.3 deg launch angle. So just about ideal according to the fitter.
2300 spin with that setup is pretty solid! Are you settled on the shaft at this point?

Which model Speedzone are you using?
Speedzone Standard 9.0 degree Head. Project X Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60 gram 6.5 Shaft. One degree decrease in Loft to 8.0. Draw Setting which for a Hooker Like me Produces a Straight Slight Power Fade. Larkins Crossline Jumbo Grips. Two Wraps. Gorilla Hands and Arms.

Swing speed 105 to 113. Under control. Top speed on a launch monitor 122. But it won't work on a golf course. Unlike Rory who tops over 130 under control. :drinks:

Back