SuperSpeed Golf Review

Haven’t had a chance to do this much lately with getting sick last month. Did it religiously from 2/26-6/2 though.

According to Game Golf I’ve gained compared to last year’s averages:
8yds - 6i
2yds with my 7,8,9 irons
No gain with my PW
8 yds with my GW
9 yds with my 56*
15 yds with my 64*.

Just curious, why are you looking at distance gains with your wedges? I almost never hit them flat out..

I just bought this training aid and used it for the first time. I am not sure if I had the radar setup right and if it was accurate. My top speed on the green stick tonight was 98 mph but I was 102 swing speed when I did a fitting on July 12th? I tried my driver with the radar and also got 98 mph.

I will try it again on Friday. It may just be getting used to the sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sticks have sadly been sitting in the garage for the better part of 1.5 months.

Early on, I felt like I was all sorts of screwed up swing wise while using the setup.

I will need to revisit in the fall/winter when real golf is all sorts of not possible.

Just curious, why are you looking at distance gains with your wedges? I almost never hit them flat out..

I am not a very long hitter in general and with wedges especially, I would say my stock wedge swing is about 75-80% of what I would swing a 7i at.
So I treat my wedges as an extension of my irons, meaning that if I come to a certain yardage from 65-105 yds I can pretty much rely on:
105 yds - UW
95 yds - 56*
85 yds -60*
70 yds- 64*,
with my stock swing with each.

I do much better allocating a club for these yardages vs trying to choke down or take something off. I only do that once I get under 60 yds. Then mostly I use a shortened swing and choke down with either my 56* or 60*.
So knowing what my stock shot produces with each wedge is critical for me in scoring well.

Once I started seeing the gains from Superspeed I had to reset my normal stock yardages with each wedge.
I did find it kind of interesting though that most of my gains have come in my wedges and not so much the other irons and longer clubs.

SuperSpeed Golf Review

I just bought this training aid and used it for the first time. I am not sure if I had the radar setup right and if it was accurate. My top speed on the green stick tonight was 98 mph but I was 102 swing speed when I did a fitting on July 12th? I tried my driver with the radar and also got 98 mph.

I will try it again on Friday. It may just be getting used to the sticks.

Alot of variables in this.
As for setup, I just realized had my Swing Speed radar in the wrong position this whole time. I have been putting it in front of where a ball would be maybe 10'' and angled back at where the ball would be on a 45*.
According the Radar guys I just watched their youtube setup video and they say to place it beside the ball about 8" and angled back at a 45*.
So it would look like this:
b53891b7117692a5fcd2a4d7af136362.jpg

Back to your question though. What I meant by alot of variables is some launch monitors that shops use for fittings only measure ball speed and swing speed is calculated based on a smash factor they input.
So for example. Say your ball speed is 135 mph and they have it set to a 1.35 smash factor your swing speed would be calculated as 100 mph. But if they have the smash set at 1.45 then your swing speed would read 93 mph. Big difference.

As for swinging the green stick the same as your driver. That seems a bit off unless your driver is super light. Are you going full out with the sticks? The Superspeed guys say that is one of the most common pitfalls is people do not swing them with 100% all out effort.

As a reference, I normally swing the green sticks about 105 mph, the Blue sticks at 100 and the Red at 96.
My driver usually measures about 92mph before the workout and around 100 after the workout.

Another thing that seems to impact the Swing radar is your club face. A closed club face will make the radar read higher than it should because the toe end of the club is rotating faster than the rest of the head. And vice versa, an opened face club when being read by the radar would read a lower mph cause the toe end closest to the radar is lagging behind.

Last edited:
Alot of variables in this.
As for setup, I just realized had my Swing Speed radar in the wrong position this whole time. I have been putting it in front of where a ball would be maybe 10'' and angled back at where the ball would be on a 45*.
According the Radar guys I just watched their youtube setup video and they say to place it beside the ball about 8" and angled back at a 45*.
So it would look like this:
b53891b7117692a5fcd2a4d7af136362.jpg

Back to your question though. What I meant by alot of variables is some launch monitors that shops use for fittings only measure ball speed and swing speed is calculated based on a smash factor they input.
So for example. Say your ball speed is 135 mph and they have it set to a 1.35 smash factor your swing speed would be calculated as 100 mph. But if they have the smash set at 1.45 then your swing speed would read 93 mph. Big difference.

As for swinging the green stick the same as your driver. That seems a bit off unless your driver is super light. Are you going full out with the sticks? The Superspeed guys say that is one of the most common pitfalls is people do not swing them with 100% all out effort.

As a reference, I normally swing the green sticks about 105 mph, the Blue sticks at 100 and the Red at 96.
My driver usually measures about 92mph before the workout and around 100 after the workout.

Another thing that seems to impact the Swing radar is your club face. A closed club face will make the radar read higher than it should because the toe end of the club is rotating faster than the rest of the head. And vice versa, an opened face club when being read by the radar would read a lower mph cause the toe end closest to the radar is lagging behind.

I think it is the setup. Thanks for the picture. I am confident that the driver speed was accurate. It was at a driver fitting and they measured everything: path, club speed, ball speed, smash factor, angles, etc.

The driver I was using that day was light. We tried other drivers and lengths that brought my speed down slightly. But it was still as fast or faster than my first day with the sticks. I will adjust my radar and position today with the sticks (2nd day using).

SuperSpeed Golf Review

It hasn’t been 6 weeks like I first thought. I guess I have only used it 6 times! I completed the log sheet and was confused. No wonder I wasn’t seeing as much progress as I had hoped!

There have been a few times that I skipped more days than needed because I was sore. But the first day (7/24) I swung the green stick, the highest I had was 100mph. Today I was at 108mph.

I am still uncertain why I feel I can swing my driver faster than the sticks, but it is probably just a mental thing. There were a few days that I thought I was getting nothing out of these, but I am obviously making progress.

When I first posted this, I thought I had finished 6 weeks and then got to thinking that there was no way; when I first got them I thought I would finish the first session right before Idaho.

54ca4fbb822da852ff7caba10ae7d6a2.jpg

Last edited:
It hasn’t been 6 weeks like I first thought. I guess I have only used it 6 times! I completed the log sheet and was confused. No wonder I wasn’t seeing as much progress as I had hoped!

There have been a few times that I skipped more days than needed because I was sore. But the first day (7/24) I swung the green stick, the highest I had was 100mph. Today I was at 108mph.

I am still uncertain why I feel I can swing my driver faster than the sticks, but it is probably just a mental thing. There were a few days that I thought I was getting nothing out of these, but I am obviously making progress.

When I first posted this, I thought I had finished 6 weeks and then got to thinking that there was no way; when I first got them I thought I would finish the first session right before Idaho.

54ca4fbb822da852ff7caba10ae7d6a2.jpg

Very similar speeds to what I usually see.

How far do you normally hit your driver ?

Very similar speeds to what I usually see.

How far do you normally hit your driver ?

My smart distance with the arccos tracker is 251-273 yds.

My smart distance with the arccos tracker is 251-273 yds.

Ok so you’re driver swing speed is probably high 90’s to 100’s? If so then Yeah then something is off with your speed sticks.

Are you not going all out with them?

Then again on the course I probably only swing at 80% of my ability Which is about 90 mph with driver. Anything faster and I mishit the ball severely.

With the sticks My fastest so far is:
Green -113
Blue - 108
Red- 105

SuperSpeed Golf Review

When I was fitted 7/10, driver speed was 102. I have only been doing it since 7/24, so I am not going to over analyze. I have been getting faster, but don’t know why I am getting the radar speeds I am with the sticks. But it doesn’t really matter as long as I know I am progressing

Last edited:
Looks like I just won a set of these bad boys yesterday. I'm pretty stoked to get started. Guess I need to track down a radar. Picking up 3-5mph realistic at my age? Don't know, but let's find out.

Looks like I just won a set of these bad boys yesterday. I'm pretty stoked to get started. Guess I need to track down a radar. Picking up 3-5mph realistic at my age? Don't know, but let's find out.

Alright! I think it definitely is a realistic goal. I feel like you'll probably get an initial bump in speed as your body figures out how to swing fast. Did you get a radar as well? That's the one thing missing from my setup. I haven't been as dedicated as I should be. I have been working out at the gym again, and feel like I may need to lay off of this until I get through that initial bout of soreness that comes with my body trying to reject exercise.

They 100% work.

Period.

I restarted mine this week.

My experience. Yes they work, more for some then others I think. However I decided to stop using them. My back was not taking the all out swinging very well. I was forced to skip workouts due to back stiffness and pain. The other thing is I need to work on my form more then speed. Maybe I’ll pick em up again later.

They continue to gain traction from Tour players on all stages too, without pay.

My HS kids continue to benefit from them as well. I’m really hoping to work all the way back through the protocols with no hiccups this time.

Alright! I think it definitely is a realistic goal. I feel like you'll probably get an initial bump in speed as your body figures out how to swing fast. Did you get a radar as well? That's the one thing missing from my setup. I haven't been as dedicated as I should be. I have been working out at the gym again, and feel like I may need to lay off of this until I get through that initial bout of soreness that comes with my body trying to reject exercise.
Haven't gotten the radar, but I am working on it. I'm trying to get some Kryptonian speed. Hoping to be able to change my forum name to DaRadilyst41. :ROFLMAO:

Haven't gotten the radar, but I am working on it. I'm trying to get some Kryptonian speed. Hoping to be able to change my forum name to DaRadilyst41. :ROFLMAO:
Haha. Those radars are crazy expensive. But, after going without it for so long, I realize how nice it would be to be able to track my progress.

Haha. Those radars are crazy expensive. But, after going without it for so long, I realize how nice it would be to be able to track my progress.

I know man. That was kind of a bummer. Saw one for $116 on Amazon. Best I've seen. How long ago did you start?

I know man. That was kind of a bummer. Saw one for $116 on Amazon. Best I've seen. How long ago did you start?
It's been about a month I think. I had been getting 3 a week in for the first 3 weeks or so. But, the last week or two, I've been lazy about it. It's crazy how fast the heart rate gets when doing it. It seems like such a simple routine. But, if you give it 110% like you should, it's a workout.

I have been working on some things trying to knock some rust off of the off season swing. But, in a 4 week gap between trackman sessions, my swing speed went from a Max of 115.7mph to 118 max. The second time around, I didn't dip below my previous max. And, a handful of swings weren't recorded when the ball speed got close to 180. I suspect those swings were closer to 120. The averages were about 3mph faster. But, I'm not sure if it's all superspeed or not. Because these are a lot closer to where I was last spring. Could just be off season rust wearing off. That's why I think it's important to have the radar. I don't have a way to track my progress.

I'm doing the work....We'll see. Swing feels faster.

Back on the horse tonight, feels good! Hit this protocol as well as the MISIG

Will be back to this later tonight....can't wait for the official THP input.

Congrats!

They 100% work.

Period.

I restarted mine this week.

Hold on. Didn't the USGA roll these back? Are we sure these are still legal?:devilish:

Back