Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Custom fit and its that close and more launch already.
I think you are going to be surprised how much you get out of the XTREME with even more forgiveness.

I agree. The Xtreme really surprised me and it felt the best off the face. I’m gonna keep playing around with lofts and weights but I’m 100% convinced Xtreme is the way to go... it’s not shown on that graphic but Xtreme had the best dispersion just slightly gently ahead of m5. Best part was Xtreme had the best north to south dispersion too

My local shop is supposed to have the demo head of both in by the weekend. I can't wait to get some swings in with both!!

So had some mixed results today. Stock shaft wise none of the offerings are typically something I fit in to . Smoke yellow felt awful and smoke black i already know is a bad fit for me. PGA store only had a 10.5 head available in the Xtreme so I lofted down to 9*.

SZ 9* w/smoke yellow 6.5 60g
SZ 9* w/ Rogue Silver 110 60x
Xtreme 10.5 (down to 9*) w/ Rogue 60x

If I had to pick right now I’m going with Xtreme in a 9*. Xtreme had the most consistent flight and was so much easier to hit. Bad strikes stayed on line with less curve. The head is so much more stable at impact than standard SZ. Next time testing I’ll move the weights in the SZ and compare results again

I’m gonna demo both Speedzone’s as much as possible until it’s time to pick for Morgan Cup, but I strongly feel the Xtreme is the sleeper pick of the 2

793b45c1e1539dc6f31a65e3814cc08d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What shaft is in your M5? What didn't you like the the HZRDUS?

Thanks!

I am hoping to demo these over the weekend. My hope is that the Extreme version will work for me.

I am hoping to demo these over the weekend. My hope is that the Extreme version will work for me.

I hit the Xtreme today. Very forgiving.

So had some mixed results today. Stock shaft wise none of the offerings are typically something I fit in to . Smoke yellow felt awful and smoke black i already know is a bad fit for me. PGA store only had a 10.5 head available in the Xtreme so I lofted down to 9*.

SZ 9* w/smoke yellow 6.5 60g
SZ 9* w/ Rogue Silver 110 60x
Xtreme 10.5 (down to 9*) w/ Rogue 60x

If I had to pick right now I’m going with Xtreme in a 9*. Xtreme had the most consistent flight and was so much easier to hit. Bad strikes stayed on line with less curve. The head is so much more stable at impact than standard SZ. Next time testing I’ll move the weights in the SZ and compare results again

I’m gonna demo both Speedzone’s as much as possible until it’s time to pick for Morgan Cup, but I strongly feel the Xtreme is the sleeper pick of the 2

793b45c1e1539dc6f31a65e3814cc08d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yours are the first numbers I have seen where the SpeedZone lagged another driver in ball speed. You definitely have the M5 dialed in. If I missed it, I apologize. What shaft is in the M5?

4 mph ball speed can be found through tinkering with the fitting and becoming comfortable, as you have stated in your post.

I agree. The Xtreme really surprised me and it felt the best off the face. I’m gonna keep playing around with lofts and weights but I’m 100% convinced Xtreme is the way to go... it’s not shown on that graphic but Xtreme had the best dispersion just slightly gently ahead of m5. Best part was Xtreme had the best north to south dispersion too

You beat me to it. My next question was going to be what the dispersion looked like. If you get the Xtreme within a few yards of the M5, but have better dispersion, I think you would have a winner.

I hit the Soeedzone in a 10.5 with weight in the back. Mitsubishi tensei blue shaft 60s. It felt really good off the face and the sound was good. Spin numbers are still pretty low for me. I also don’t hit a draw and everything is going left. Idk if it is a swing change or what.
FD5AFCBC-5F0E-4EE9-904F-E458CAF5BE03.jpeg

Looking to shop for a SZE this next week. For those who have gone through all the stock shafts which regular flex would be the closest to HZRDUS Yellow? I love it in my current driver and have full confidence in it. Knowing which regular flex shaft to look for would give me a good starting point instead of going in blind.
Thanks

Had a preliminary fitting this morning for Cobra. My driver swing was a bit erratic, but got enough consistent shots to get dialed in a bit.

After going through the Speedzone and then the Speedzone Xtreme, we dialed in on the 9* Speedzone with higher weight in front, dialed up 1* and set to draw setting with the HZRDUS Smoke Yellow stiff shaft.

Will certainly be spending a bit more time on next visit to check this set up and be sure it is right for me.

I got to hit the SZ last week..... Didn't really post up here because it was a complete failure haha. Not on the club part, but where I had to hit it. My favorite store doesn't really carry cobra. Just not enough demand for them. We have an edwin watts but its across town and didn't feel like doing that, so i took a chance at Dicks..... they had it. I hit it. but between their launch monitor, hitting it with the Tensei Blue, and the weird sales guy talking to me about nonsense and trying to fit me, I couldn't really get into a groove. The sales guy wasn't even that bad haha. He was just very talkative and trying to give me too many tips/info. Oh and I was hitting a mix bag of random balls from the early 90s/00 and some other shag bag stuff.

Soooo didn't gain anything out of it what so ever haha. Im hoping to go over to Edwin watts to give it a hit. I'm pretty sure they use GC2. I just don't venture over there much because their sales staff is not very knowledgeable at all. Had one of them telling me once that DJ was absolutely crushing the new epic when it came out and saying his nike golf ball wasn't bad either... any way. Loving what yall are putting up and Im becoming more interested in that Extreme...

Had a preliminary fitting this morning for Cobra. My driver swing was a bit erratic, but got enough consistent shots to get dialed in a bit.

After going through the Speedzone and then the Speedzone Xtreme, we dialed in on the 9* Speedzone with higher weight in front, dialed up 1* and set to draw setting with the HZRDUS Smoke Yellow stiff shaft.

Will certainly be spending a bit more time on next visit to check this set up and be sure it is right for me.
I just ordered the Smoke Yellow to replace the Ventus Blue. It just didn’t fit me either. Looking forward to putting the Yellow in there.

:drinks:

SMOKE Yellow Mellow HZRDUS :drinks:

I put my Smoke black into the SZ. The smoke yellow just wasn't working for me. Even with the driver in the Draw setting I was still sending out some big ole banana slices. The Black back in and I'm hitting the fairway or drawing it left. Just wish I'd ordered with this shaft again so that I'd have the new grip on instead of old one. Kind of a waste.

I put my Smoke black into the SZ. The smoke yellow just wasn't working for me. Even with the driver in the Draw setting I was still sending out some big ole banana slices. The Black back in and I'm hitting the fairway or drawing it left. Just wish I'd ordered with this shaft again so that I'd have the new grip on instead of old one. Kind of a waste.
I also found a Fade basis. But since I have a huge Hooking swing fault it gives me a nice gentle fade. Which is why the Yellow worked out for me.

Horses and Courses. Getting fit before we buy is definitely a must with all the new drivers released in 2020. :drinks:

Ok I just did a thing haha. I apparently won an auction for an extreme last night. Didn’t think my high bid of 280 was going to hold ??‍♂️. 12* with a regular helium but I’ll just swap it out with a stiff I have in the garage. Damn taxes on eBay kill the deal though.

Ok I just did a thing haha. I apparently won an auction for an extreme last night. Didn’t think my high bid of 280 was going to hold ??‍♂️. 12* with a regular helium but I’ll just swap it out with a stiff I have in the garage. Damn taxes on eBay kill the deal though.
The sale of the shaft if you don't have any need for it should soften the Tax Burden :drinks:

The sale of the shaft if you don't have any need for it should soften the Tax Burden :drinks:

I have so many random shafts in the garage. I need to move them I guess haha.

I am kind of leaning towards tour length this year.

Sounds awesome.
I'm curious as to why. I struggle finding the center of my driver so it made since and has helped me but you seen to hit the driver well. What are you looking for? Is it to gain more accuracy?

Back