Skills You Wish You Had

I know a little about a lot when it comes to all that stuff. Not too much I know a lot about though.

I wish I could sing, I think I'm completely tone deaf.

Construction... I always over build things. My front stairs will take a wrecking ball to get apart.

Handy-man skills. I can look it up on YouTube and give it a go, but I generally make the problem much worse with my efforts before I wind up calling a pro...

Supervising construction projects over the years gained me alot expirience in building, and maintaining stuff.

However, at this point in my life the one skill I wish I had is the knowledge to work on today's car engines.

Back when I was a youngster, and young adult I loved working on my own vehicles. Both electrical, and mechanical. I looked forward to stuff breaking down.

Now days you need to be an "I.T." expert, with a box of specific, special tools to do anything to a car engine. Luckily the automakers still make it easy to change a tire.......if you know where to properly place the jack. .

Jedi skills! ;)

One skill that I have that wish I didn't is FOFU (fear of effing up). I could probably do a lot more than I do but FOFU always seems to creep in.

Hmmmm. I have most of those skills listing being a building engineer. Bad part is I’ve remodeled 2 houses in the past 3 years because my wife knows I can do it. Flooring, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and the mindless skill of painting. Cement, it goes on and on. Not to mention I was a mechanic for 20 years. I’m pretty much tired of fixing things.
I like to be a better cook.

Hmmmm. I have most of those skills listing being a building engineer. Bad part is I’ve remodeled 2 houses in the past 3 years because my wife knows I can do it. Flooring, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and the mindless skill of painting. Cement, it goes on and on. Not to mention I was a mechanic for 20 years. I’m pretty much tired of fixing things.
I like to be a better cook.
An interesting answer to an interesting question.

I have a lifetime of experience in manufacturing and steel construction, at this point it bores me. What I’d really like to do is build boats, if I can hold onto my health through retirement I’ll do just that.

I would like to speak multiple languages.
When abroad, it seems that almost everybody speaks English.
Makes me feel like a complete idiot...and more than a little ashamed.
Many of us who speak English as our first language don't push ourselves very hard.

SEE?! It's not a blessing. Being able to do all those things just means you never get to rest.

Word of advice on the cooking front - get good at it if you want, but never be a better cook than your wife. Ever. It's the last thing someone doing all that other stuff needs added to their plate(*).

SEE?! It's not a blessing. Being able to do all those things just means you never get to rest.

Word of advice on the cooking front - get good at it if you want, but never be a better cook than your wife. Ever. It's the last thing someone doing all that other stuff needs added to their plate(*).
Yeah on second thought I may need something else. ;)

There have been occasions where it would have been nice to know how to keep my mouth shut and play nice.

Underwear modeling.

I'm good with all that around the house stuff. I would like to be better at carburetor repair and adjustment. I'd love to be able to play the guitar or maybe even keyboards.

I wish I had a particular set of skills on how to capture and kill Marco from Tropoja...

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will kill you...

Electrical... Adding switches and lighting would be beneficial... Want to redo outlets in basement and insert ceiling can lights in ceiling... So I guess some handy work and electrical

Electrical... Adding switches and lighting would be beneficial... Want to redo outlets in basement and insert ceiling can lights in ceiling... So I guess some handy work and electrical
Be like a guy down the road from me, you tube it. Found out about that when the fire trucks went by after I lost power this summer. ?

People skills, having feelings, normal human stuff like emotion, etc.
This is a thread for skills we wish we had, not skills we think we're supposed to show to make people think we're normal.

I was going to say golf. I don't have golf skills.

Electrical or Carpentry.

...and stopping time!

I wish I could putt chip pitch drive and hit my irons.

I wish I had social skills as well.

To be honest, I am completely terrible at being sociable.

I wish I could sing! I’m kinda like a cross between Barney Fife in the church choir and Helen Keller!

Back