Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

First round with it today and got to play with @DNice26. Hit it really well and my misses were manageable. Except one that no driver would have saved and one that I hit well, I just didn’t adjust for the wind.

I cannot wait to hit it more, and to put my attas 11 into it. The helium works great (dnice would say he liked it I think), but a little extra weight just to give it a bit more oomph would be nice. Whether it’s from the shaft or maybe getting a heavier weight for the head.

oh, andthe sound with my gamer ball is to die for. I hit a drive with my cortex just to compare like 10-12 holes in and I think dnice and his dad ducked for cover thinking a bomb went off compared to what the cobra sounded like haha.

any who, most of the hits were about the distance I expected. Dnice swings about 5-10 mph faster than I do and with good hits between both of us, I was in an expected range behind him (I won’t specify there haha).The one cortexshot I took was a super low spin bomb and I think it would be about the same as where I was hitting the cobra. Really looking forward to getting this thing on the monitor to verify what I’m seeing.

Oh, and my miss left? Literally had one miss left with the cobra. I was able to draw it when I really wanted to, but the high and straight shot that drops off to the right is pretty addicting haha

Oh, and my miss left? Literally had one miss left with the cobra. I was able to draw it when I really wanted to, but the high and straight shot that drops off to the right is pretty addicting haha
At demo days, that is the exact flight I had. I might try it in draw setting or leave it as-is. When I lose my drive, it usually heads left, so I will leave it neutral for awhile to see what happens.

First round with it today and got to play with @DNice26. Hit it really well and my misses were manageable. Except one that no driver would have saved and one that I hit well, I just didn’t adjust for the wind.

I cannot wait to hit it more, and to put my attas 11 into it. The helium works great (dnice would say he liked it I think), but a little extra weight just to give it a bit more oomph would be nice. Whether it’s from the shaft or maybe getting a heavier weight for the head.

oh, andthe sound with my gamer ball is to die for. I hit a drive with my cortex just to compare like 10-12 holes in and I think dnice and his dad ducked for cover thinking a bomb went off compared to what the cobra sounded like haha.

any who, most of the hits were about the distance I expected. Dnice swings about 5-10 mph faster than I do and with good hits between both of us, I was in an expected range behind him (I won’t specify there haha).The one cortexshot I took was a super low spin bomb and I think it would be about the same as where I was hitting the cobra. Really looking forward to getting this thing on the monitor to verify what I’m seeing.
Fun day playing golf with you today!!! My pops and I had a great time. We could have done without the 50mph winds.
Yeah that Cobra SZ Extreme was much nicer than I thought it would be. I enjoyed the mushy feel off the face. The seemingly upright lie is a bit off for me to look down at, but the results were great. Wish I coukd have found that bomb cut I hit around the corner on that one par 4. That one went forever and was so easy to work. I will be sure to demo one tomorrow in my round two fitting. Also that was my first time trying a helium shaft and it is quite nice, very smooth.
Good times!!! Hoping we can do it again in April.

I got to demo the new SZ and SZ Xtreme tonight at the range. I hit both heads with tour length shafts and weighting. The stiff flex tour length shaft that they had in the cart was Tensei blue which felt good. The SZ Xtreme head launched high for me and was easy to launch and very forgiving. The SZ head launched lower and more penetrating and felt great. My F9 launched somewhere between these two heads but I time the shaft in my F9 a little better. Next trip I'm going to try my shaft in these heads. (ran out of time before the range closed).

The Cobra Speedzone with the Project X Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 6.5 has kicked me out of the Blues and into The Blacks :drinks:

Ask @Space Bandito :drinks:

280 to 290 drives.

With a few 200 dropped kicks for good measure :drinks:

I got to demo the new SZ and SZ Xtreme tonight at the range. I hit both heads with tour length shafts and weighting. The stiff flex tour length shaft that they had in the cart was Tensei blue which felt good. The SZ Xtreme head launched high for me and was easy to launch and very forgiving. The SZ head launched lower and more penetrating and felt great. My F9 launched somewhere between these two heads but I time the shaft in my F9 a little better. Next trip I'm going to try my shaft in these heads. (ran out of time before the range closed).

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts after you’ve put your shaft in all of them

I see in your sig that your UST in your F9 is stiff, but what weight is your UST Helium in your F9?

Looking forward to this continued testing and feedback.

Switched out the Ventus with the Smoke Yellow....what a difference. Great launch and center face a bunch. Love the Xtreme now. The Ventus will be on the sales block soon.

Switched out the Ventus with the Smoke Yellow....what a difference. Great launch and center face a bunch. Love the Xtreme now. The Ventus will be on the sales block soon.

The Smoke Yellow with that head are like a match made in heaven.

The Smoke Yellow with that head are like a match made in heaven.
It is night and day difference, not even close. Matches the yellow of my glossy head perfectly as well. Lovely.

Traveled to Cincy to meet up with @Canadan and his guy at Club Champion to get dialed in a bit before the MC. Got a little swing help from Dan and started to see some nice solid numbers on the Trackman.
Loved the sound indoors and look forward to throwing down my order when the time comes. Now just to figure out if I’m going yellow or avalanche.

Traveled to Cincy to meet up with @Canadan and his guy at Club Champion to get dialed in a bit before the MC. Got a little swing help from Dan and started to see some nice solid numbers on the Trackman.
Loved the sound indoors and look forward to throwing down my order when the time comes. Now just to figure out if I’m going yellow or avalanche.
fairway finder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a rip.

I am in on the SZ Extreme with the Helium shaft. Barely used like new HC and tool. Just checked my eBay. $211 auction winner. I am a sucker for good driver deals.

I see in your sig that your UST in your F9 is stiff, but what weight is your UST Helium in your F9?
I had the 5F4 helium shaft to start (59gr) but was launching it too high. My current shaft in it is the UST Mamiya Attas 6s stiff shaft (63gr) which I'm timing up really well

Mine should arrive in a few days. I am thinking that the grip will not be to my liking. 2 questions if any know. 1. I have a rod type grip remover. Can the grip be removed successfully? 2. Is it true that installing. A different grip will result in -1/2 inch playing length?

Mine should arrive in a few days. I am thinking that the grip will not be to my liking. 2 questions if any know. 1. I have a rod type grip remover. Can the grip be removed successfully? 2. Is it true that installing. A different grip will result in -1/2 inch playing length?
Did you order cobra connect grips? If so, they come longer than standard to accommodate the sensor. If you want to replace I would advise pulling the grip back away from the sensor and squirting some solvent in and removing the sensor. Then the grip can be removed like any other grip.

I got it on EBay and can't tell if it has the Cobra connect grip.
Did you order cobra connect grips? If so, they come longer than standard to accommodate the sensor. If you want to replace I would advise pulling the grip back away from the sensor and squirting some solvent in and removing the sensor. Then the grip can be removed like any other grip.
Thanks for info. I got it on EBay and can't tell from the photos if it is the Cobra connect grip. Info just says Cobra grip.

I am in on the SZ Extreme with the Helium shaft. Barely used like new HC and tool. Just checked my eBay. $211 auction winner. I am a sucker for good driver deals.

Better price than I got haha

Better price than I got haha
I have all of the newer drivers. I have had some medical issues and have not been able to do any golf for 3 months. But today for the first time I hit my epic flash as well as my trusty 400 Max. My 6th driver the SZ Extreme will be in the lineup in a couple days. Have not had cobra since Bio Cell. I got the SZ because of the Helium shaft. That shaft. At age 74 peaked my interest.

I got it on EBay and can't tell if it has the Cobra connect grip.

Thanks for info. I got it on EBay and can't tell from the photos if it is the Cobra connect grip. Info just says Cobra grip.
Send a picture of the butt end and it will be very easy to verify if there's a sensor or if it's a standard grip.

Back