Have You Ever Played Back To Back Par 3s On A Course

fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Just wondering how many of you THPers have ever played a course with back to back Par 3 holes. I'm not referring to the small 9 hole courses, I'm talking about 18 hole courses. Myself I can only think of one course that I played back to back Par 3s. That was a course called The Oak Club Of Genoa in Genoa, Illinois. This course is no longer in business, it closed a number of years ago.

I have and I did not mind it

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

I can’t think of a time I played back to back par 3’s... I played a course in Ontario like 20 years ago but I can’t remember the name so can’t confirm.

I don't think I have, I can recall several b2b par 5s but not par 3s.

Yes I have. I don't mind it, but it isn't something I look forward to. It won't make me ot want to play the course. The course was Willow Hollow in Leesport, PA

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

We have a par 60 18 hole course in my home town, Evanston, IL called Canal Shores Golf Club. Only has par 3 and par 4 holes.

Actually just last month played a course with back to back par 3s.. it was not great as both were 7i (one into the wind) and I was not hitting that club well that day

We have a par 60 18 hole course in my home town, Evanston, IL called Canal Shores Golf Club. Only has par 3 and par 4 holes.

Looked the course up just for the heck of it. Very interesting course layout. ;)

scorecard.jpg

One of the courses here has two par 3's back to back.
Pretty much the exact same yardage. One plays uphill, the other downhill.
Uphill is darn near the hardest hole on the entire course. Downhill, a bit easier.
Birdied the downhill multiple times.
Sometimes I am lucky to make the green on the uphill in 3 or 4 lol.

I actually don't mind the back to back. Gives a bit of a reprieve between two really long par 4's.

Yes, I can't remember where but I've played back to back. I don't care much what order holes are in.

Every week.

First one plays around 165 usually, followed by a 180 yd shot to a green that sits higher than the tee boxes. They are not particularly difficult holes, except the first one has two trees that form a narrow chute if you can't get the ball up in the air enough.

These follow the back-to-back par 5s on the front nine.

Every week.

First one plays around 165 usually, followed by a 180 yd shot to a green that sits higher than the tee boxes. They are not particularly difficult holes, except the first one has two trees that form a narrow chute if you can't get the ball up in the air enough.

These follow the back-to-back par 5s on the front nine.

What course are you referring to? I'd like to take a look at the website.

Just wondering how many of you THPers have ever played a course with back to back Par 3 holes. I'm not referring to the small 9 hole courses, I'm talking about 18 hole courses. Myself I can only think of one course that I played back to back Par 3s. That was a course called The Oak Club Of Genoa in Genoa, Illinois. This course is no longer in business, it closed a number of years ago.

The 16th and 17th holes at Lincoln Park Golf Course , San Francisco are back-to-back 225 yard par 3 holes.

Coeur-dalene-Resort-Combo-Tees.jpg

only one i can remember off hand. 2 in a row and 3 out of 4 on front 9.

Don't think I ever have.

I can’t say that I have. I don’t think I’d mind though.

Yup. Pacific Dunes 10 and 11. 2 absolutely amazing holes

A course I play pretty often, Bill & Payne Stewart, is the only one that comes to mind. A par 70 Perry Maxwell course with five par 3s and three par 5s. Hole 9 plays 191 and hole 10 plays 172. Actually there are three par 3s in a 4 hole stretch (#7 is 135) so it can be a good stretch if the iron swing happens to be on.

Last edited:

I remember the Oak Club. Can't recall the back to back 3's there. Was that towards the end of its run? I definitely played one in IL that had that though. Only one that I can recall and I don't remember where. Definitely wasn't in Genoa. We wouldn't have been playing a tournament there.

Wouldn't bother me any more than back to back par 5's, which I have seen on plenty of courses.

I remember the Oak Club. Can't recall the back to back 3's there. I definitely played one in IL that had that though. Only one that I can recall and I don't remember where. Definitely wasn't in Genoa. We wouldn't have been playing a tournament there.

Wouldn't bother me any more than back to back par 5's, which I have seen on plenty of courses.

The original course at Genoa, no there was not back to back par 3s. Somewhere along the line a number of years later they redesigned some of the holes on the course and that was when they built the back to back par 3s, it was on the back nine that they had the back to back par 3s if I remember correctly.

I really liked playing that course in Genoa, it;s a shame that it ended up closing. :(

I really liked playing that course in Genoa, it;s a shame that it ended up closing. :(

I only played it a few times. With my grandpa though, so that's memorable. I figured the 3's were on the back as part of redo of some kin. I feel like there was a real short par 4 on that side already, and it definitely wasn't at the start or the end, so it had to be near one of the 3's.

It's sad when just about any golf course closes.

Can you think of another one near you that has back to back 3s? I played on the St. Charles team and I know we played one in the area that had that. North maybe. Felt like we went towards Crystal Lake a lot.

Many times. Two courses here have par 3's at holes 9 and 10. I don't mind them at 9 and 10, but I would not like to start on the back there.

Wouldn't be Bonnie Dundee would it?

Have you heard that Pheasant Run is closing. It's up for sale right now. :(

Back