Adam Scott Hall of Fame?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As he leads the back 9 on Sunday, which would be his 14th PGA Tour win, it got me thinking about the hall of fame.

He currently has 13 wins on the PGA Tour
He has 11 Euro Tour wins
He also has 9-10 other International wins

He reached #1 in the world and held it for nearly 3 months.
He has 1 Major with his Masters win.
He has finished top 5 in all of the majors.

Do you think he is a hall of famer?

Isn't that similar to Couple's PGA/Euro tour totals? Both have a Masters, Fred has two Players vs Scott's one?

Sounds like a pretty solid career. Not sure of the Hall criteria in golf. However I’m not sure it’s Hall of Fame solid. I’ll have to see what others that are more informed think.

I would say yes if he wins today. He is having a resurgence and will probably win a few more. He does have a super dumb putter though.

• Admin
Isn't that similar to Couple's PGA/Euro tour totals? Both have a Masters, Fred has two Players vs Scott's one?

Sure is. Although less active on the PGA Tour and I think there are a lot of people that don’t believe Couples belongs either.

Sure is. Although less active on the PGA Tour and I think there are a lot of people that don’t believe Couples belongs either.

So can you allow one but not the other?

I'm not sure I believe with Couple's from a career standpoint. Think it was more of a popularity vote. However, if that's now your standard, I guess Scott makes it as well.

• Admin
So can you allow one but not the other?

I'm not sure I believe with Couple's from a career standpoint. Think it was more of a popularity vote. However, if that's now your standard, I guess Scott makes it as well.

I think you can allow one and not the other.
Two Players.
More weeks at #1 (although not much)
Longevity on the toughest tour
Sentimental

Yes, Freddy Couples is in the HOF and Adam has had an equal if not better career

I don’t think so. The putter tarnishes it for me.

I think you can allow one and not the other.
Two Players.
More weeks at #1 (although not much)
Longevity on the toughest tour
Sentimental
Longevity on the tougher tour, but similar win totals. Almost looks better for Scott with that.

I agree with above - He's basically an international Fred Couples.
Can we put his swing in the HoF by itself?
His swing is perfect! Maybe if he had an awesome nickname like BoomBoom he would make it.

Not before Tiger.

Couples doesn’t belong there and Scott doesn’t either.

I though the PGA Tour was based on points or something?

He is borderline, but I would give him the nod. Especially if he wins today. Which it looks like he's going to do.

I mean by the looks of those numbers I say yes. Another major win or a few PGA tournament wins & it’s a definite yes for me.

As he leads the back 9 on Sunday, which would be his 14th PGA Tour win, it got me thinking about the hall of fame.

He currently has 13 wins on the PGA Tour
He has 11 Euro Tour wins
He also has 9-10 other International wins

He reached #1 in the world and held it for nearly 3 months.
He has 1 Major with his Masters win.
He has finished top 5 in all of the majors.

Do you think he is a hall of famer?

If you showed me the resume, then I'd say yes. Knowing he's relied on a crutch for most of his career, I might still agree, but insist on an * beside his name.

14 wins including a major = yes.

Yes. 14 wins including a major, a Players, at least 1 WGC. I’d guess he gets another win or 2 as well. Unless they ban the broomstick.

Very borderline right now IMO. Another major win makes him a slam dunk.

Back