Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Hi everyone, I see there has been an update to the forum and I haven't been able to find threads. I just found this one but its about it so far. Seems I am subscribed to a ton of threads I dont remember ever seeing so gonna take awhile to weed thru everything.

Went and played Oswayo Valley GC in Franklinville today with my wifes uncle. It's a 9 hole coarse about 6000yds that I've never played before and I shot 40/43=83 with 2 birdies the first time around. Pretty easy track with very small greens.

I’m in the Albany area.

I am in Toronto but could be interested in Buffalo/Niagara area

Great! We havent had too many get togethers for rounds this year but keep watch.

We should try to get one last end of season round somewhere soon, I haven't seen a lot of you in some time!

Ya its been a slow year for our gang in here.

We should try to get one last end of season round somewhere soon, I haven't seen a lot of you in some time!
Ya its been a slow year for our gang in here.
I say we play Tri-County, much shorter ride for Dave and I've been wanting to try that course.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'd like to play there too

I’m in the Albany area.
I'm gonna be in Schenectady, Rotterdam, Clifton Park, Christmas time. I assume it's gonna be too cold to play! It snowed last year.

I'm gonna be in Schenectady, Rotterdam, Clifton Park, Christmas time. I assume it's gonna be too cold to play! It snowed last year.

You’re probably right.December is not prime golf weather in the Capital District. High 40s and rain today.

I’m on the mailing list for Orchard Creek Golf Course near Albany. I got an email from them today saying they are opposing a proposed 40 acre solar farm adjacent to the course and orchard and, they claim, right in the middle of a protected viewshed of the Helderberg Mountains. They are asking for supporters to stand with them online. I’m not advocatng for either side of the issue but if you know the course, I encourage you to read up on the issue on their website.

I’m on the mailing list for Orchard Creek Golf Course near Albany. I got an email from them today saying they are opposing a proposed 40 acre solar farm adjacent to the course and orchard and, they claim, right in the middle of a protected viewshed of the Helderberg Mountains. They are asking for supporters to stand with them online. I’m not advocatng for either side of the issue but if you know the course, I encourage you to read up on the issue on their website.

Thanks for the info. That’s not too far from me and I am very familiar with the course and the area. I’ll check it on their website.

I travel into NE Pa area a few times a year. Grew up there.

I guess I need to stop in and say hi to this thread. Didn't even know it was here. :) You can blame @choppstixxx for inadvertently leading me here. :)

Hi guys. I havent been checking in here lately. It seems as tho the gang has mostly left the building.

Hi guys. I havent been checking in here lately. It seems as tho the gang has mostly left the building.
The good thing is that we still keep in touch outside of the forum and that is what matters (y)

The good thing is that we still keep in touch outside of the forum and that is what matters (y)
We'll have to organize some spring golf rounds. Hopefully we can get out sooner rather than later with this mild winter (so far).

We'll have to organize some spring golf rounds. Hopefully we can get out sooner rather than later with this mild winter (so far).

I am moving end of March to the west side of Rochester, so soon I'll be a little closer to ya!

What? Leaving Penfield? Sigh.
Yes indeed, we purchased a new build in Hilton. Gotta get closer to the parental units once the kids come (y)

Diamondhawk greens fees $28 on Group Golfer.com

Back