Fitting with Name brands or not?

SHIFTY

Orgasm Donor
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So I've been looking around at different fitters in my area, and some deal with name brands like Ping, Titleist, Taylormade, Callaway, etc. Others deal in brands I have not heard of like KZG, Wishon, Nakashima, and Miura (I've heard of miura).
How do those other brands stack up to the name brands, and would you recommend going to one type of fitter over the other, and why?

Last edited:
I guess it really matters what you are wanting to test. If you are looking for Apex 19 then not really relevant if they don't have it to test. I would find a place that carries all brands.

I guess it really matters what you are wanting to test. If you are looking for Apex 19 then not really relevant if they don't have it to test. I would find a place that carries all brands.
That makes sense, but what about someone who goes in with an open mind and doesn't care about brand, just whats the best fit. Do those less heard of brands stack up to the big brand names?

So I've been looking around at different fitters in my area, and some deal with name brands like Ping, Titleist, Taylormade, Callaway, etc. Others deal in brands I have not heard of like KSG, Wishon, Nakashima, and Miura (I've heard of miura).
How do those other brands stack up to the name brands, and would you recommend going to one type of fitter over the other, and why?

I assume you mean KZG. Their recent stuff is really good. @Jman is currently reviewing their new irons and enjoying them.

That makes sense, but what about someone who goes in with an open mind and doesn't care about brand, just whats the best fit. Do those less heard of brands stack up to the big brand names?
Miura does irons wise. The others I don't know a ton about.

However, if you are going in with an open mind, I'd go somewhere that has the most choices. A place limited in choices or specific for a certain brand, wouldn't really have that option available to you.

The ones listed would all be good irons.

If your fitter has roaches, I would recommend a different fitter.

I'm definitely biased as to brands I prefer - and it might be shame on me, but ones that are more easily available to both get and try are the ones I gravitate too. I wouldn't say anything is inferior though.

I assume you mean KZG. Their recent stuff is really good. @Jman is currently reviewing their new irons and enjoying them.
Nice, love honest THP reviews. Will look for the review when it comes out.

Back