2020 Better You Fitness Thread

MRI in the morning to see what is/was causing back spasms. Haven't had any since Friday. Keeping fingers crossed.
I hope they can sort it out for you!

MRI in the morning to see what is/was causing back spasms. Haven't had any since Friday. Keeping fingers crossed.
Goodluck. Hoping it is good news for you!

Eating wasn't great today but got some exercise in. Trying to build on that each day

Tonight was 45 including warm ups work sets.

I think my protein intake is ok, I’ve got an appointment with a nutritionist this week to work on what my diet should look like for my goals Just to make sure though.

What do your work sets look like? Sets and reps? Are you doing a 5x5?

I got to use my new Texas Power Bar last night. Man, that knurl is sharp when it's brand new. I did deadlifts. I wish I could say they were super awesome, but they were just ok. I got 585lbs quickly up to my knees but just couldn't not keep it going up. That really bummed me out.

Started tracking my calories over the last couple of days. Not for any particular reason other than I'm curious what I'm consuming on a regular day. Coming in around 2300-2500 and generally maintaining weight between 170 and 175.

Happy to keep it there for now, though I may think about doing a cut closer to summer.

I need to get back to the gym asap. Planning to game all 130g shafts this season, so the old man back will need some help.

I need to get back to the gym asap. Planning to game all 130g shafts this season, so the old man back will need some help.
Nice, good luck! Stop in and let us know how it goes! You got this!

MRI is done. Follow up dr visit Thursday. Haven't had back spasms since Friday. Off to the gym for more stretching and weight training.

What do your work sets look like? Sets and reps? Are you doing a 5x5?

Yep doing a 5x5, yesterday was at 140lbs. Legs are fine this morning, little sore but nothing like they were the first couple days.

It had been almost a year since I’d done any kind of squats and much longer than that since regularly doing squats. I expected the soreness, but not quite as bad as it was.

Good session this evening. Feeling good about it. Elbow is feeling better. Did some presses 190x2; 200x2; 195x4 which I am pretty sure is a PR. Weighted dips were fine, nothing special there. Did some chin ups between presses and dips. Finished with power cleans. Work d up to 215x3 which was a PR. Down to 205x3 and then finished with 185x3.

I feel better about my power clean, still a work in progress. So that's nice.

It's time for me to step it up a bit! Added some strength training to my normal pushups, and added some power yoga to my normal yoga routine.

My strength training is mainly with some dumbells, so trying to get a good plan in place to have a full body work out by the end of the week. Still working thru what it looks like exactly.

The power yoga last night felt really good. Engaged my core and did a lot for my arms and legs too. Total time for yoga is going to be at least 30 minutes a night.

I went hardcore last night on the bike and felt it this morning haha. Really cranked up the resistance on the hill climbs. Tonight here soon it will probably be a little lighter than that, but will still go hard enough

Just a long walk for me tonight a couple miles with the dogs, at a decent pace just to get the heart rate up and mostly to close my rings. ;)

Go get stronger. You'll live longer.

Also, do some squats, they're good for your heart.

Also, stretching isn't that useful.

Thanks for the links. I'll pass that around. I would say 95% of the population has no clue about any of this research. (actually it's probably higher)

I went hardcore last night on the bike and felt it this morning haha. Really cranked up the resistance on the hill climbs. Tonight here soon it will probably be a little lighter than that, but will still go hard enough
Keep it up! You'll be amazed at what you can do as you continue to push yourself!

Just a long walk for me tonight a couple miles with the dogs, at a decent pace just to get the heart rate up and mostly to close my rings. ;)
Whatever it takes! Nothing wrong with a nice long walk to unwind for the day.

Thanks for the links. I'll pass that around. I would say 95% of the population has no clue about any of this research. (actually it's probably higher)
All of this research is out there and somewhat in line with the AMA recommendations for physical activity. But doctors aren't saying it and people won't do it. Building muscle mass is a simple process, but it's hard work. The benefits of increased muscle mass (not a herculean amount of mass mind you, just more than you generally have right now) is well known in the literature. Just a matter of actually doing something about it.

Got a great workout in tonight. This week already going much better than last week

Morning guys! Back on the road for me today! 10am flight... But First 3miles, squats, lunges and some sauna is on the docket for me this morning.

I'm coming in late to this party. I'm seriously considering doing the fit for golf.

Hey @HarlettoScara you've been a little quiet lately! How's your preparation for the MC been going? Hopefully you've been working towards some of your goals, and hitting some of your targets as we lead up to the event!
Hey mate!
Apologies for being slightly quiet, have had a fortnight’s holiday over in Oz and just this minute back on home soil. Preparations are about to begin in earnest, and then it will all happen! Need to get caught up on messages and posts as well soon :eek:

All of this research is out there and somewhat in line with the AMA recommendations for physical activity. But doctors aren't saying it and people won't do it. Building muscle mass is a simple process, but it's hard work. The benefits of increased muscle mass (not a herculean amount of mass mind you, just more than you generally have right now) is well known in the literature. Just a matter of actually doing something about it.
Thanks for all this information, I greatly appreciate it, and I'm sure others in here do as well!

Got a great workout in tonight. This week already going much better than last week
That's what I like to hear, way to get back into it!

Back