NEWS Justin Rose Removing Honma Clubs

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Rumors are flying right now that Rose, who has been playing Honma for a while now, is pulling all of the Honma clubs from his bag.

As always we are speaking to those close to the situation and will update with details.

I wondered how long it would take. i feel like his game took a dip when these went into the bag.

Watching and wondering how this plays out (pun intended)...

Interesting. I wondered if equipment was some of the reason you don't see him near the top of leaderboards lately.

Do players really ever perform that well when they switch from one OEM to another? It always seems to me that they seem to want to try something new when frustration starts to set in .... not playing well. Let's blame the Arrow instead of the Indian. Even if they sign a deal to play those clubs. I'm sure there is a clause in place just for that reason.
Huh ... sounds a little like myself! LOL :ROFLMAO: The Arrow instead of the Indian part of course.

I don't know if it's the clubs fault, but man he has been such a disappointment for the last year.

Not surprised that much, I wonder how this will effect Honma as they try to get a foothold in other markets.

Wow....I guess the grass isn’t always greener. Must have gotten tired of not even being in contention, we’ll see if it was the arrow or the bow. This will be an interesting watch.

Wow! That's big news.
Especially how his switch was marketed, and him discussing his friendship with the founder (or lead designer, when they worked together at another manufacturer).

Not sure what would be an improvement. If he goes back to his old clubs then perhaps it is a mental thing and he wants something familiar.

It does seem to take 12 to 18 months for a player to settle in to irons. There are a few who have won quickly with new clubs, Reed, Molinari, Na but it seems there are more negatives with guys who change to boutique brands Rose, Horschel, CH3

I wonder how often if a player goes into a funk do they usually blame the equipment or caddie. I am willing to bet most of the time it’s the player not the equipment.

Now money and contracts are a different story.

This story has similar feelings as the whole Tiger/Rory/Nike Golf fiasco. Although to a much lesser degree, of course.

Especially how his switch was marketed, and him discussing his friendship with the founder (or lead designer, when they worked together at another manufacturer).

You are talking about Mark King. He left Honma in August to be CEO of Taco Bell.

Weird, there was just a commercial on Golf Channel last night with him about the new Honma driver. First time I'd seen it.

Doesn't seem like he has been in the discussion for quite some time. He was good at Pebble for the US Open, but seems like his putting was saving him quite often.

Whoa! That is some real news. Any idea what he might be putting in the bag?

Odd move, considering he had success with them early and he was pretty involved in the design aspect. Not like it was an off the rack set for him.

Whoa! That is some real news. Any idea what he might be putting in the bag?

Until he starts winning I dont see any OEM tossing significant money at him. My guess he goes Free Agent.

Then again he comes across as someone who will take money from anyone so what do I know.

Odd move, considering he had success with them early and he was pretty involved in the design aspect. Not like it was an off the rack set for him.

Maybe the endorsement check bounced.

Not at all a surprise to me, especially considering some of the aspects of recent releases and where the designs potentially came from.

UPDATE

I just spoke to someone that is out there and he is having a lot of clubs being built by tour vans currently. I would venture a guess that every company out there is having some stuff put together for trial.

UPDATE

I just spoke to someone that is out there and he is having a lot of clubs being built by tour vans currently. I would venture a guess that every company out there is having some stuff put together for trial.
And so it begins.

More proof that I believe Honma has no clue what they are doing direction wise now.

Back