NEWS Justin Rose Removing Honma Clubs

Didn't he win almost immediately when he switched to Honma ?
Pretty sure he won the Farmers at like -21 in one of his first starts after switching

Didn't he win almost immediately when he switched to Honma ?
Pretty sure he won the Farmers at like -21 in one of his first starts after switching

Yes he did.

For the fun of it I hit the rose proto at CC and there was nothing out of the ordinary about them. But then again, they felt just as good as the TM TW blades and titleist.
My point is, it is him not the clubs and that is from a completely delusional club changer.
Wouldn't you think he still has 4 or 5 sets of TM sticks in a house somewhere?

You don't have to switch clubs for your game to fall off (J Speith) but if you had switched recently and then your game did fall off through no fault of the equipment wouldn't you still have to wonder ?

You don't have to switch clubs for your game to fall off (J Speith) but if you had switched recently and then your game did fall off through no fault of the equipment wouldn't you still have to wonder ?
I switch all the time, but I sucked when I started and will still suck when I give up.
But Rose is a seasoned veteran, but maybe when things just stop working you have to change.

Good point about Speith, why has he not changed? He certainly lost the gift.

I just want to note that every player who started doing that stupid hitch backswing thing to draw the club back to hip level, look at it, and then readdress the ball before swinging has had a drop off or substantial drop off of their play over the last year. Rickie, Spieth, and Rose all do it. Justin Thomas quit doing it and got better. I would look there to blame something 😂

Last edited:
Not surprised about this. He has not been the same since signing with Honma. I like Rose and hope he gets back to his winning form.

A win and a couple other good outings not enough to keep them in the bag? I guess he just doesn't feel comfortable with them or something? Going back to TM makes sense so close to the Masters, would be like riding a bike

A win and a couple other good outings not enough to keep them in the bag? I guess he just doesn't feel comfortable with them or something? Going back to TM makes sense so close to the Masters, would be like riding a bike

As mentioned I don’t think it’s about the clubs.

Yea, sometimes you shake things up if your results aren't what you want. Clubs or swing change are your two basic options. Rose expects more so this is his first course of action. Good to know it's not his view toward Honma clubs but ultimately won't play out well for them. Will be interesting to see if he maintains Axis One in his arsenal. Great info @JB.

when he was part of the design process, don't you think he would copy alot of what he played with TM. Hasn't their
been discussion that when Tiger went to Nike and then to TM, that for the most part; both of those OEM's pretty much
just copied the Mizuno 29's that he started with.

This is all great info coming out of THP!

Must admit I’m not hugely surprised, it seemed like an odd fit to be from the start, the cheque must have been substantial initially. Results have been poor, so whether it’s the equipment or not then a shake up might just be a case of a change being better than a rest. If I was a betting man, I would say either back to TM or Mizuno which seems like a good fit for him.

Guys, haven't you heard? Rosey. He's fully Team Morgan Stanley now. Already playing "bonded" hosels, so, natural progression.

PXG is a mess and has been for some time. To fire your tour guy and have pros leave. Not a good look.

This is all great info coming out of THP!

Must admit I’m not hugely surprised, it seemed like an odd fit to be from the start, the cheque must have been substantial initially. Results have been poor, so whether it’s the equipment or not then a shake up might just be a case of a change being better than a rest. If I was a betting man, I would say either back to TM or Mizuno which seems like a good fit for him.

There was a pretty strong relationship in place between King, Kawaja and JR.

Stand by for Rosie to appear in a Taco Bell commercial, featuring him blasting out of a huge taco salad bunker, maybe with a new Wilson club. He could be Padraig reincarnated.

I agree with some others in that Honma has made some questionable moves. I love my 737p irons and thought Honma had brought something a little different to market with those. An iron cast from carbon steel with spot hardening to allow a thinner face but retain top in class feel with gorgeous looks ?
I signed up. Then the 747 went 17-4 ss with tungsten and the thick cavity badge like pretty much everyone else and they look, sound and feel like everything else out there.
It may just be me but I think being a little different may have worked for them if they'd stayed with it instead of trying to be in direct competition with the big boys

I agree with some others in that Honma has made some questionable moves. I love my 737p irons and thought Honma had brought something a little different to market with those. An iron cast from carbon steel with spot hardening to allow a thinner face but retain top in class feel with gorgeous looks ?
I signed up. Then the 747 went 17-4 ss with tungsten and the thick cavity badge like pretty much everyone else and they look, sound and feel like everything else out there.
It may just be me but I think being a little different may have worked for them if they'd stayed with it instead of trying to be in direct competition with the big boys
While not speaking to the equipment (I liked the 747 line a bit), a lot of changes took place at the company around this time internally.

I understand and don't get me wrong the 747's do perform really well.
I'm not giving up the feel of my 737's for them though and I'm wondering if the significantly different direction they took would have happened without said internal changes.
Sorry I'm sure this would be more appropriate in a different thread
GO J ROSE !!!

UPDATE

Just spoke to someone that spent some time with JR yesterday and said “their might be some lawyers involved“.

Suffice it to say, Rose is under contract with Honma. It isnt the first time a player wanted to test the waters and try other things, but it sounds like JR wants to be free and clear.

UPDATE

Just spoke to someone that spent some time with JR yesterday and said “their might be some lawyers involved“.

Suffice it to say, Rose is under contract with Honma. It isnt the first time a player wanted to test the waters and try other things, but it sounds like JR wants to be free and clear.

did you respond to the text with *there

because I would have

unrelated: why don't I have many friends?

did you respond to the text with *there

because I would have

unrelated: why don't I have many friends?

haha I just read that post and thought the same thing. *high five*

UPDATE

I was wondering about this. I mentioned it in the Chez thread. I didn't understand how they were just getting out of contracts.

Back