The Official Brooks Koepka Thread

Love me some Brooks. (y)

I find him to be authentic pretty much all the time. That’s why I like him.

I am a brooks fan. Though I am worried that he may experience a major fall off in form and success.

I find him to be authentic pretty much all the time. That’s why I like him.
Great to see a guy like him call out others for slow play or cheating. Just wish he didn't speak in that monotone all the time.

Long article but if you got some downtime it's worth a read! Love this more outspoken Brooks over the last few years.

“One thing I'd change is maybe the stuffiness. Golf has always had this persona of the triple-pleated khaki pants, the button-up shirt, very country club atmosphere, where it doesn't always have to be that way. That's part of the problem. Everybody always says, ‘You need to grow the game.’ Well, why do you need to be so buttoned-up? ‘You have to take your hat off when you get in here.’ ‘You're not allowed in here unless you're a member—or unless the member's here.’ Really? I just never really liked the country club atmosphere. I know that drives a lot of people away from liking me. But just 'cause this golf club has such prestige and the members are all famous and have a lot of money…like, why can't I show up and just go play the golf course? Why do I have to sit in my car and wait for the member?

I always love when pros say those things (which are many times correct) and then belong to some of the most exclusive clubs in the state.

I always love when pros say those things (which are many times correct) and then belong to some of the most exclusive clubs in the state.

His motivation is probably because said exclusive clubs have rules he does not want to abide.

do any of those clubs just give them free membership to be able to market that "Brooks is a member here:?

do any of those clubs just give them free membership to be able to market that "Brooks is a member here:?

Some, but not all and I don’t think where Brooks is location wise would worry too much about that.

I do know a pro that was gifted a membership and all you can eat at the club for using his likeness.

He just played with the Prez

Some, but not all and I don’t think where Brooks is location wise would worry too much about that.

I do know a pro that was gifted a membership and all you can eat at the club for using his likeness.
Does he belong to the bears club with everyone else?

This is the best quote.

"and is known for making people aware that he wishes he could've been the best in just about any other sport. "

I like that he knows Wardy "Golf has always had this persona of the triple-pleated khaki pants..."

the GQ quotes they're throwing up on Morning Drive right now make me think he's a petulant, wannabe outsider child. But then again, those are just quotes for a magazine interview.

Am I the only one who hates Super Stroke grips in my hands/during my stroke? They just take all the feel out of my stroke, and I believe I am far more a feel player than I am a technical player.

I wonder why Brooks would go to the SS when his far smaller Cameron grip fetched him 4 majors?

Am I the only one who hates Super Stroke grips in my hands/during my stroke? They just take all the feel out of my stroke, and I believe I am far more a feel player than I am a technical player.

I wonder why Brooks would go to the SS when his far smaller Cameron grip fetched him 4 majors?

Maybe because he's lost more than he's won and feels like a SS grip might push him over the edge for more success.

Maybe because he's lost more than he's won and feels like a SS grip might push him over the edge for more success.
The results aren't there with the SS.

I'm guessing it won't be long before his previous grip is back on...

The results aren't there with the SS.

I'm guessing it won't be long before his previous grip is back on...

Maybe. That is yet to be seen.

Putter grip didn’t help him keep the ball in the short stuff today. That’s where he is killing himself right now. I think I heard he only hit like 5 fairways today.

Well that SS didn't last long. :)

Putter grip didn’t help him keep the ball in the short stuff today. That’s where he is killing himself right now. I think I heard he only hit like 5 fairways today.

He still using the Mav?

Well that SS didn't last long. :)
The SS was on a completely new putter FWIW. Guessing he’s just back to the other putter he used.

Back