Review Odyssey Triple Track Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
When you are on top of the mountain as far as putters are concerned, and make absolutely no mistake that Odyssey is on top, then the demand for newer and better never stops. Sometimes it comes through endless research, development, and Tour testing, however, sometimes it comes via inspiration from another Callaway product, red/blue markers, and a phone case. In the case of that last one, I give you the real-life R&D behind Odyssey Triple Track Putters.

I was able to work
with the Triple Track 2-Ball for this review and it was quite a trip in a lot
of ways…and yes, that story above really is how it happened, straight from the
mouth of Callaway Senior VP and Odyssey GM, Sean Toulon.

Let’s get to it, shall we...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent review from James as always

Like @Jman I have not been one to use an alignment aid on my ball for lining up putts as I have always second-guessed myself, but the couple of times I have picked up one of these Triple Track putters I have been impressed and want to spend more time rolling them before making a decision on which one to go with

I was never a fan of the 2-ball, and to be honest, mallets in general, but the recent offerings just seem to feel better to me which is why I am seriously considering one, especially the Ten and giving it a good run against my current #1W

Reading through the latest #Grandaddy thread and seeing how @Snickerdog has been converted from his mallet was a big reason for my curiosity to begin with, and since rolling a couple putts they definitely have my attention

I have toyed with these over the last month at my local Big Box Golf and Tennis Store and I find the alignment Triple Track to aid in my set up. Its hard to drop 250 for a new putter when i putt well with my current gamer though.

I do however love the feel of the insert on these, Thanks for the write up.
Donny

Nice review James. I have rolled several of the Triple Track putters, and the 2-ball is fantastic. It's just ugly. The extra triple track lines on top are busy. But can't ague with performance. So balanced and easy to line up and bring through the ball consistently. I have a SL Tuttle now (also an uglier putter to my eyes), and the face on the TT putters is a little better for me. Not sure how to explain it. I could get over my aesthetic issues really, really fast. I also played around with a TT ball. I could become a slower player lining up putts, but it really is a slick system. I think I would use a white ball like I do now. But lots to like here.

Nice review James. I have rolled several of the Triple Track putters, and the 2-ball is fantastic. It's just ugly. The extra triple track lines on top are busy. But can't ague with performance. So balanced and easy to line up and bring through the ball consistently. I have a SL Tuttle now (also an uglier putter to my eyes), and the face on the TT putters is a little better for me. Not sure how to explain it. I could get over my aesthetic issues really, really fast. I also played around with a TT ball. I could become a slower player lining up putts, but it really is a slick system. I think I would use a white ball like I do now. But lots to like here.

Are you saying you'd be more inclined to use the TT putter and a "normal" white ball than to use the TT ball and your current SL Tuttle or a TT putter and ball?

Great review! Pushing me ever closer to just go and get the Ten-S I have been pondering for awhile. :cool:👊

Are you saying you'd be more inclined to use the TT putter and a "normal" white ball than to use the TT ball and your current SL Tuttle or a TT putter and ball?

Yes. I think using both would be too much for my analytical brain. The TT markings on the putter, as busy as they are, provide an excellent alignment without a TT ball.

Little evening bump ;)

the marksman has my interest but not in TT...

Nice review @Jman! I am enjoying mine and love how easy it is to line up.

Nice review @Jman! I am enjoying mine and love how easy it is to line up.
It’s pretty wild. It’s not the most comfortable style for me personally, but I stil found myself on the greens coming away thoroughly impressed.

Thanks for the review. Still using my blade from Odyssey from 1988, but this will be my next purchase if I don't see a lot of improvement this year after changing my loft angle. My putt lineup involves using the writing or a line on the ball and then trying to roll it over an aiming spot a few inches ahead of the ball. Not sure yet that lines on the putter will improve that.

great review!

to prior post- I took my 1993 Odyssey blade to a shop about 3 years ago to get a SS fatso grip installed. When there laid an old 2ball with the SS grip in great shape for not much more then the cost of the grip installed on my 1993. I rolled it about 10 times and just bought it.

Hidden in my purchase decision was a shaft length that let me setup differently and eventually start to remove my right hand from my stroke. Your point in front of the ball is key but in my old setup I could not hit that mark regardless of putter because my strong right hand closed the face at impact making everything to left. The lines on the ball and putter became much more beneficial when I figured out how to not let my right hand take over.

great review!

to prior post- I took my 1993 Odyssey blade to a shop about 3 years ago to get a SS fatso grip installed. When there laid an old 2ball with the SS grip in great shape for not much more then the cost of the grip installed on my 1993. I rolled it about 10 times and just bought it.

Hidden in my purchase decision was a shaft length that let me setup differently and eventually start to remove my right hand from my stroke. Your point in front of the ball is key but in my old setup I could not hit that mark regardless of putter because my strong right hand closed the face at impact making everything to left. The lines on the ball and putter became much more beneficial when I figured out how to not let my right hand take over.
I just entered the modern age and had my putting stroke analyzed at C.C. The owner said I had a really consistent stroke, my back stroke is a bit inside and then a very straight follow through. He said to keep on with my current putter for now, but of all the putters I tried there the one you reviewed was my favorite!

Have to admit at first glance I'm not a fan at all. I played around with a few of these at the PGA show and while not all the shapes are friendly to my eye a couple I think could work for me. Definitely going to roll a few as I look to add a new putter this year.

How about a nudge for another review?

Ive passed this one on to one of my senior golfers and he absolutely loves it.

I'm still struggling with watching guys on your aim and readjust on a two footer. I don't know if I could ever go down that road. Cally tour ball have the special mark as well I assume?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Took the TT Ten out and putting the the TT Double Wide back in for tomorrows round. The look of the Double Wide appeals to my eye a bit more, but can't deny how good the Ten is.

Rolled the SL BoP, TT Marxman, and TT Two Ball. Thought I would love the BoP...wasn't blown away. The TT Marxman...that was legit! Only complaint was the stock grip is really big. I liked the "flat" version on the Two Ball better. The Two Ball...well, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all! IMG_1817.JPGIMG_1818.JPGIMG_1819.JPGIMG_1820.JPG

I'm still struggling with watching guys on your aim and readjust on a two footer. I don't know if I could ever go down that road. Cally tour ball have the special mark as well I assume?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Callaway's tour balls do have Triple Track. we didn't ask @JasonFinleyCG but i would think if a pro asked for a ball without triple track they would make a batch.

do you use a line on your ball to line up putts?

Rolled the SL BoP, TT Marxman, and TT Two Ball. Thought I would love the BoP...wasn't blown away. The TT Marxman...that was legit! Only complaint was the stock grip is really big. I liked the "flat" version on the Two Ball better. The Two Ball...well, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all! View attachment 8931188View attachment 8931189View attachment 8931190View attachment 8931191
Not a fan of the 2 ball blade, huh? Haha that’s my favorite of the TT lineup. The two ball IMO system tied to the TT lines, works the best out of any of them. Just kinda feels like it fits together. I’m still planning on picking up a TT 2 ball blade in the future

Great write-up James. BTW, I kept receiving an error message when I tried rating the review.

I noticed that the TT putters were in the shop a couple of weeks ago but I didn't have the time to try them out. Hopefully I can make it by this weekend, I'm interested in seeing how the tech works for me.

Spent a lot of time today on the putting mat rolling both the Ten and the Double Wide using a non TT ball.
Having not used the Ten for the last 6 rounds it took a few minutes to adjust to, which wasn't really to much. Both the Ten and the DW will get the ball rolling smooth quickly.
Even though they both have the same insert, the Ten has a slightly better feel to me. Not sure how to describe it, but I am going to assume it is from the heft behind it. The DW is still more eye appealing to me for sure.
I spent the time at the 8 foot line and managed 21 before I missed one with the Ten. I made it to 16 with the DW.

Overall both of these putters are great IMO and I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

While I only have one round with the Ten S, have had plenty of time with it at home on BirdieBall mat. The ball off the face of it is just about perfect I feel. The ball gets into a roll so quickly and the sound and feel is great.

I have had a putter battle going on with the Ten S and the Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5 for the last 2 weeks.

I have to say, the Ten S is winning the battle so far. I need more actual course time with both to finally decide, but as of now Ten S is finding spot in the bag.

The 10 was in my mind, but the 3 generations of 2balls made it the one for me. these are capable putters. The grip and look of this putter I thought a negative vs prior generations. However, watching several incremental balls hit the flagstick 100% on target Sunday got me over my perceptions very quickly. all that matters is do you put more in the hole vs. the prior putter

Back