JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The brand has been around for a while and in North America it has been gaining steam for several years. The premium line recently had an expansion and if you missed that release, you can read about it here. Wanting to dive in a little deeper, we got a chance to speak to the team and get some of the pertinent questions that help identify what XXIO is and who it is for.

THP: For those unfamiliar with XXIO, but seeing it on THP and in the hands of Ernie Els for the first time, how would you describe the equipment?

XXIO: XXIO is dedicated to making faster, easier-to-swing equipment for moderate swing speed golfers. This has been our singular focus for over 20 years, and has produces remarkably different designs compared to all other golf equipment. We encourage...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff here, and the shift that we have seen this year to make it know they do have offerings beyond the moderate speed category is a big deal.

Not only that, the XXIO X irons are some of the beat looking I have ever held in hand or swung.

Good write up @Jman I know little to nothing about them until now. Now I do and will look to swing a driver at some point.

Good write up @Jman I know little to nothing about them until now. Now I do and will look to swing a driver at some point.
Thank you, but this article was all @JB!

0D07E669-2F55-4C2F-8672-27218F98F40D.jpeg
🔥🔥🔥

• Admin
WANT!

Great article! If the X line is geared more towards the "better player/faster SS", what are the shaft weights compared to the Eleven series?

Great article! If the X line is geared more towards the "better player/faster SS", what are the shaft weights compared to the Eleven series?

depends on the club.

In the X series I have the weights are 43g, 51g, 59g. Thats fairway, hybrid, irons.
Eleven series I have 42g and 43g. I can check on the driver tonight.

Right around 60 grams I believe in the X lineup.

Hoping Ernie's win brings some more attention to the brand. I really like what XXIO has been doing lately.

Right around 60 grams I believe in the X lineup.

I remember reading some time ago that XXIO designs the club/shaft/grip as a unit and they recommend not changing anything. How would that work with a higher SS player who is used to swinging a 115g iron shaft?

I remember reading some time ago that XXIO designs the club/shaft/grip as a unit and they recommend not changing anything. How would that work with a higher SS player who is used to swinging a 115g iron shaft?

In my opinion just fine. Two things come to mind here. First, you can change shafts just like any other clubs. I know I have done it in a number of XXIO products. Second, I think weight might surprise some people due to how they are working with counterbalance.

Nice Q & A.

Perfect timing with the Big Easy win yesterday.

Would like to try the X line - seen first hand slower SS players improve with XXIO equipment. I wonder what it could do for me.

The driver Crossfield plays

Those irons are

those irons are 🤑🤑

Nice review and breakdown of XXIO. I would like to try the counter balance to see how it feels someday.

I like the X line a lot and this is a good Q&A for them. Good getting the word out that the brand isn't just for moderate swing speeds.

Unrelated, mostly, do you think Honma possibly struggling with their marketing now, to a lesser extent Majesty being up in the air, and Els winning all help the brand generate more momentum? Are these things they can harness?

I like the X line a lot and this is a good Q&A for them. Good getting the word out that the brand isn't just for moderate swing speeds.

Unrelated, mostly, do you think Honma possibly struggling with their marketing now, to a lesser extent Majesty being up in the air, and Els winning all help the brand generate more momentum? Are these things they can harness?

Personally? Yes. Although in my opinion they have some solid momentum regardless of what happens with those other brands.

The X line is certainly different than the original stuff. Personally I haven't tried them but they don't look bad at all and that weight plus technology should help a TON of golfers

Based on the commercial, I’d say xxio is not targeted at "my kind"

Back