Fujikura Ventus Shafts

I LOVED the feel and performance of the Ventus Red 6s in the 3+ Mavrik I hit at GG yesterday. Stable without being stout. And the higher launch profile worked perfect for me, as I tend to be lower spin.

At my fitting today the Blue out performed all other shafts that we tried. It increased ball-speed, swing-speed, smash factor, and dispersion. Even with my winter swing of 96 mpg. It really felt as though I could really get after it without any consequences. I'm at the lower end for swing speed for this shaft. But my fitter said I probably couldn't find a more efficient shaft for my swing. Most of my smash factors were 1.50 or better and was the only shaft that I hit center face the most often.
Now I just have mull over the $350.00 up-charge.

Ventus Black 7S in the Mavrik. Testing time.

Finally put a TM adapter on the Ventus Black after initially ordering it with a Mavrik SZ I returned in 3 days.... Got some very surprising numbers with the Black and SIM Max 9* head (and not in a good way)

warmed up with my ozik black tie and saw what I typically see. Sub 2500 spin and launch around 12*. My miss with this is a pull hook left. After about 12 swings to get loose I switched to the Ventus Black. First 3 swings were dead center contact but I left the face open so they went way right. Center contact again and hit a nice push draw right down the middle. Next 2 flew dead straight. Next one was another push draw that came right back to center. Sounds great right?.... The average of those 4 fairway finding shots had 3200 spin topping out at 270. Launch was 12* and the feeling of the shaft and face was very solid. I knew I made as close to perfect centered contact as possible. Very easy to control and once I got in rhythm my strike location was much more reliable and centered than the ozik black tie

But, im trying to wrap my head around the spin I was getting. The ventus felt more solid and powerful than the black tie, but on average the black tie was 20 yards longer. Ball speed was 3mph more and spin was down between 700 - 1000 rpms with the black tie

I dunno if its a bad pairing of shaft and head but it doesnt add up to me. Dispersion was better with Ventus and without a doubt the strike pattern was way more repeatable. Im gonna go back today for some more indoor range time and see how it compares back to back days

How was your attack angle?

had a nice beautiful 52* day in Chicago yesterday. Lucky enough to play 18 and it was the first time with Ventus Black on course. I've had about 7 range sessions now and what I see from the monitors was almost identical to seeing on course.

Its by far the most stable shaft ive played and does not feel like a board. You can really feel how little of deflection there is on the face when you make contact on poor strikes. Heel/toe shots fly much straighter with very minimal curve compared to anything ive seen. I typically have a slight draw but yesterday I saw a much straighter shape. My miss is leaving the face open leading to a push fade. Still did that yesterday but instead of fading farther right it stayed straight on the line where I missed

I mentioned a few posts back its not the farthest shaft/combo ive played but dispersion has tightened up. After 18 I ate lunch and relaxed a little before going to the range since it was so nice out. There is a Top Tracer monitor at my course so I can get a general idea of speed and distance. With Ventus my max ball speed was 164 and avg 162. Then the first swing with my LA Golf ozik black tie the first ball speed was 166, avg 164. Launch/spin being considered the Ventus is maybe 7-10 yards shorter but the strikes are much more consistent. Accuracy with Ventus blows ozik black tie away

Right now my plan is to re-tip the black tie and use in whatever Cobra driver I get for the Morgan Cup. I'm gonna put the Ventus up against Lin-Q as they seem to be very comparable.

Last edited:
I’m still Jones’in to try a Ventus. Hoping Incan get one this summer to try out.

Found a pretty good deal on a Ventus Blue with Cobra tip already on it!! going on the cobra big tour fairway!!

I love the black in the driver and im hoping the blue is the perfect fairway fit. Typically I get along with low/low shafts but notice when I do actually play a 3w the spin is super low (sub 3000). Im hoping for slightly more launch and spin

Got fitted for the Blue 6s but man I'm seeing a lot of left lately. I'm sure it's more me so let's see how it goes after today's lesson

Anybody have thoughts on the Ventus Blue vs. the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow? The EI profiles look similar in shape, but the marketing around performance seems quite different between the two.

I currently play the Smoke Yellow, but find myself really having to step on the gas during my transition to get it to load properly. When I don't everything leaks off right or stays straight then fades-to-slices after getting about 200 or so yards out there. Looking for something that loads a little more naturally with my less aggressive transition.

I want to go in and test/get fit, but am trying to get an idea of a few shafts I want to focus on as a starting point and the stability of the Ventus line is very intriguing. Trying to decide whether the Ventus Red might be the right fit for me, since I generally launch low and have struggled with excessively low spin in the past when my driver/shaft combos have gone too low-low. Appreciate any insight!

Anybody have thoughts on the Ventus Blue vs. the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow? The EI profiles look similar in shape, but the marketing around performance seems quite different between the two.

I currently play the Smoke Yellow, but find myself really having to step on the gas during my transition to get it to load properly. When I don't everything leaks off right or stays straight then fades-to-slices after getting about 200 or so yards out there. Looking for something that loads a little more naturally with my less aggressive transition.

I want to go in and test/get fit, but am trying to get an idea of a few shafts I want to focus on as a starting point and the stability of the Ventus line is very intriguing. Trying to decide whether the Ventus Red might be the right fit for me, since I generally launch low and have struggled with excessively low spin in the past when my driver/shaft combos have gone too low-low. Appreciate any insight!
Given what you're saying about needing some additional launch, spin, and a loading feel, I think the Ventus Red may be a good place to start. Still has all of the benefits of velocore, but the shaft will have a lower kick point and will load easier than the other two.

I don't know what flex you're in, but with the firm tip of the Ventus, don't be afraid to test a flex down.

Reactions: agd

Smoke Yellow is counter balanced and the Ventus line is not. Ventus Blue will still have a stiffer tip than the smoke yellow.... IMO the entire smoke lineup, particularly the black and yellow, feels terrible. Black and yellow have a lot of kick compared to the Blue

Its funny how shafts work differently for people. I have both a fast tempo and aggressive transition and the quicker I went after the smoke yellow, the more right it went. When I slowed it down and swung under control is when the yellow was ok. But the more aggressive I got with it the worse is was.... I have a ventus black in driver now with a blue going in a cobra fairway. Both of those shafts I feel I can be very aggressive with and not fear losing it right with high spinners

Reactions: agd
After a range session yesterday with the Ventus Black in my driver and Ventus Blue in my fairways, I'm a believer! A lot of times, the marketing doesn't live up to real world use for me, but in this case, it definitely does and I've got the pics to prove it. One thing I noticed in the driver was that the kick on the shaft right before impact seemed to give the ball another gear. Unreal results yesterday and it's scary to think what these shafts could unlock in summer temps.
Here's some evidence of my findings.
Exhibit A: Driver Face
655F450F-EBA9-4AF9-B106-DB47004ED968.jpeg
Exhibit B: Fairway Face
2D71FF82-4462-41D7-A3AA-B33BB1B57510.jpeg

Tip: Don't bet against @dacatalyst41 this year, dude is gonna tear it up!

Given what you're saying about needing some additional launch, spin, and a loading feel, I think the Ventus Red may be a good place to start. Still has all of the benefits of velocore, but the shaft will have a lower kick point and will load easier than the other two.

I don't know what flex you're in, but with the firm tip of the Ventus, don't be afraid to test a flex down.

Currently playing stiff flexes - used to play X but swing speed isn't what it used to be (105ish these days). Seeming like the Red is coming along as a good starting point - thinking 6S. Thanks for your help!

Smoke Yellow is counter balanced and the Ventus line is not. Ventus Blue will still have a stiffer tip than the smoke yellow.... IMO the entire smoke lineup, particularly the black and yellow, feels terrible. Black and yellow have a lot of kick compared to the Blue

Its funny how shafts work differently for people. I have both a fast tempo and aggressive transition and the quicker I went after the smoke yellow, the more right it went. When I slowed it down and swung under control is when the yellow was ok. But the more aggressive I got with it the worse is was.... I have a ventus black in driver now with a blue going in a cobra fairway. Both of those shafts I feel I can be very aggressive with and not fear losing it right with high spinners

Yeah I have tried to like the Smoke line and it is just a no-go for me. Smoke Black last year then Smoke Yellow this year...spent a few weeks feeling like I was fighting both and hitting nothing but the right rough (or worse) before calling it quits. Last year ended up going to the Graphite Design Tour AD GP in the Epic Flash and liked it a lot (still have it in the rotation), this year its finding the right thing for the SpeedZone.

I just put a Blue 5r in the driver. Man does this shaft feel good!!! First drive I hit a big fade as I didn't have time to warm up with it. Next 4 drives where just right down the middle, point and shoot. I was a bit surprised as I figured the stiffer tip section would give me fits, but has not.

I have a Ventus Blue 5 R in my F9 driver and absolutely love it

I have a blue6S and AD-VR - what questions can I answer?

Oh brilliant! What have you noticed in comparison of how the two load (and how would you describe your transition)? Does one or the other feel like it has more kick?

And also - is the super stiff/stable tip of the Ventus as noticeable as Fujikura says it will be vs. the VR?

I have a Ventus Blue 5 R in my F9 driver and absolutely love it
I think it may be the best change I have made to my bag to date. The Blue just works in the driver, still playing mine at -1/N. Need to get on a monitor and see if I dropped any more spin.

I am a big fan of the ventus blue. I am playing a different shaft right now but still have the blue in reserve. It was the biggest up grade to my bag last year. I am considering getting a 9x from Will at the peoples club and putting it in a fairway wood. I think it would just become a fairway finding machine.

I am a big fan of the ventus blue. I am playing a different shaft right now but still have the blue in reserve. It was the biggest up grade to my bag last year. I am considering getting a 9x from Will at the peoples club and putting it in a fairway wood. I think it would just become a fairway finding machine.
I have the black in driver now and just picked up the blue in 8x. Gonna go in my cobra big tour 3w whenever that ships!

9x?? Isn’t that basically an iron I-Beam?

Back