Review Wilson Staff Model Wedge Review

I dont think the limited options hurts Wilson. I think a reasonable sales projection tells you that the bulk of their sales are in the standard grind and lofts. Plus Wilson doesn't like to get out on the limb too far. All that making a profit stuff.I have gotten along with the last two models. I will be buying these.
You may be right. I think one or two could make it in my bag as well. I really liked the performance and looks (one of those matters more than the other, but I won't say which)

Great write up. I see these going into stores like Big 5, where the new golfer is looking for "lower end" clubs or what to look for in a wedge. I didn't know anything about them & found 1 that was in my price range & went with it. Now that I'm learning more & trying to take my game to the next level I'm learning more about clubs in general thanks to the the reviews here @ THP & all the input from this community.

Nice review Gary.

Wilson nailed the looks. I'm surprised it's the single finish, I think they've done raw better than anyone the last few years. Great pricepoint and I really like the offering of the DG 120 shaft.

Curious to read THPer feedback from someone who games this and the high toe and if they do complement each other.

Nice review Gary.

Wilson nailed the looks. I'm surprised it's the single finish, I think they've done raw better than anyone the last few years. Great pricepoint and I really like the offering of the DG 120 shaft.

Curious to read THPer feedback from someone who games this and the high toe and if they do complement each other.

I hit this on the range with JB a few weeks ago, and everything about it just came out really high and soft. I’m sure that’s great around the green, but for some of us would like to take full swings with our wedges it was a pretty big head scratcher

I hit this on the range with JB a few weeks ago, and everything about it just came out really high and soft. I’m sure that’s great around the green, but for some of us would like to take full swings with our wedges it was a pretty big head scratcher

Care to clarify? I might be reading it wrong - I like a high and soft wedge regardless unless it's a low runner with lots of spin.

Care to clarify? I might be reading it wrong - I like a high and soft wedge regardless unless it's a low runner with lots of spin.

No, like... I couldn't hit the 60 degree wedge more than 70yds. Everything just came out floaty and not compressed.

No, like... I couldn't hit the 60 degree wedge more than 70yds. Everything just came out floaty and not compressed.

Thats a death sentence right there

Thats a death sentence right there

It reminded me a lot of the U grind MD 2 wedge. I tried everything to like that thing and it was awful for me. Got rid of that thing so quick after a lot of waiting for it :(

These look pretty good. Honestly, i think it's fine for the one grind option. How many people actually get fit for wedges? How many only get fit doing a full swing test?

I think they have a good looking wedge at a good price. Will I see many of these in bags? Nope, but I'm glad another company is putting out good looking wedges.

Ah, yea that is not good at all. You have it on a LM? Wonder how the spin is for you compared to say Molten and his 10k numbers

Interesting. What degree were you hitting?

Ah, yea that is not good at all. You have it on a LM? Wonder how the spin is for you compared to say Molten and his 10k numbers
Over 10k, baby. G can spin a ball thanks to way overactive hands and terrible form!

Negative, but was aiming at the 75yd flag and what wasn't getting there with it, was waving to it with my 58

Interesting. What degree were you hitting?

You have similar problems as Michael did?
I did not, although on course yardage didn’t match exactly to the LM. (You know, wind and cold doing what they do). I was seeing 95-100 on the LM in perfect, 80 degree conditions. Closer to 85-90 on course but I didn’t have any similar issues unless i missed it.
I’m not certain I could hit the 60 with a full swing.

I did not, although on course yardage didn’t match exactly to the LM. (You know, wind and cold doing what they do). I was seeing 95-100 on the LM in perfect, 80 degree conditions. Closer to 85-90 on course but I didn’t have any similar issues unless i missed it.
I’m not certain I could hit the 60 with a full swing.

is it weird that after both of your comments I really want to try these lol

I still don’t understand how the 48 degree is still not for sale on the site and the 56 is sold out already. Very confused indeed

I still don’t understand how the 48 degree is still not for sale on the site and the 56 is sold out already. Very confused indeed

This is thread is officially the #MondayMind**** Thread 😂

This is thread is officially the #MondayMind**** Thread 😂
No, I don’t think we are there yet. But soon, very soon

Back