What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

I was very impressed with the 2020 chrome soft. It is just not high enough compression.

100% a feel thing, the numbers were all there.

Coming from the 2019 CSX TT, I was able to do a LM test of both balls. Feel of the new X is a shade firmer than the outgoing X TT. During my indoor LM test, as brief as it was, I got similar number on both balls off driver and wedge. Mid iron the new X had 300 rpm more than the new CS and was a couple yards shorter. The CS had a higher peak height and steeper descent angle on average. I think the extra height and descent will more than offset the extra spin of the X so I went all in on the new CS TT in white and yellow. BUT I will be grabbing a couple dozen X when they come up for order.

Coming from the 2019 CSX TT, I was able to do a LM test of both balls. Feel of the new X is a shade firmer than the outgoing X TT. During my indoor LM test, as brief as it was, I got similar number on both balls off driver and wedge. Mid iron the new X had 300 rpm more than the new CS and was a couple yards shorter. The CS had a higher peak height and steeper descent angle on average. I think the extra height and descent will more than offset the extra spin of the X so I went all in on the new CS TT in white and yellow. BUT I will be grabbing a couple dozen X when they come up for order.

Interesting, from what I have hear the X is way high compression. Like almost 110. So it should produce much high ball speeds, and with the new core and mantel designs be amazing. Or so I am told, not lucky enough to try it yet.

Played the new CS couple weekends ago thanks to my GD18 brother Clayton. The new ball is incredible!! Started out with it first tee and what a performer. The trajectory, perfect it just pierced through the wind. first hole I was Like no way I’ll have a short shot in cause it was into the wind I was at least 50 yards ahead of the nearest ball and only had 115 yard shot in The feel of driver and irons, made me giddy. And when it hit the green it did not move much at all had a a couple head turns from scouts coming into the green. Did try my CSXTT but it b only lasted 1 hole. Will be stocking up on these. Two tee times next 2 days so will let my thoughts known after.

Interesting, from what I have hear the X is way high compression. Like almost 110. So it should produce much high ball speeds, and with the new core and mantel designs be amazing. Or so I am told, not lucky enough to try it yet.
I’m hovering at 100 mph with driver on a good day. I probably don’t have the CHS to extract the best out of the new X. My time with the ball was about 45 minutes and indoors so it really is a small sample size. I wouldn’t say the new X is much harder (if at all) than a Pro V1x.

We've heard directly from @JasonFinleyCG that there are no issues causing any delays. Anything out there imo has to be rumor or a gross misrepresentation. I'll trust information directly from the source versus hearsay on the internet.
Trusting JF and Callaway on this one. Someone always looking to take them down. #trusttheprocess

I have high, high hopes for the Chromesoft TT. It will be between it and the Bridgestone RX for me this year.

I think I’m just gonna use some Callaway points to order some more balls for this year. I’ve got plenty but I’m not sure I want to blow through all my grandaddy balls. :unsure:

This excites me. I really enjoy balls with very high compression, but I'm excited to give the regular Chrome Soft a good try this year too. I seem to hit softer balls better off the tee but worse off the irons & wedges.

I really dig the new Chrome Soft. Feels great. Spins really well around the greens and It fits me off the tee really well.

If you liked CSX last time, give the CS a try this time.

Last couple versions I’ve liked the X better, but I’ll give it a try to see if that has changed.

I think I’m just gonna use some Callaway points to order some more balls for this year. I’ve got plenty but I’m not sure I want to blow through all my grandaddy balls. :unsure:
Ya I am going to hold a dozen back on the G Truvis balls.

Does the new CS Truvis white ball only come in the red soccer ball pattern or are there other options?

Does the new CS Truvis white ball only come in the red soccer ball pattern or are there other options?
For right now, the White/Red is the only option in Truvis for the white ball. There will be others later in the White/??? combo

Putting these in play tomorrow.

Putting these in play tomorrow.

nice. looking forward to your thoughts. I think the cs18 feels a little softer around the greens than the cs20. curious if you experience the same thing.

If you liked CSX last time, give the CS a try this time.

So, is there a 2020 CS TT ball or is it still just the CSx?

So, is there a 2020 CS TT ball or is it still just the CSx?

Really good article in the first post of this thread with a ton of details

Really good article in the first post of this thread with a ton of details

So, the answer is yes, there is a CS TT ball and not just the CSx like last year.

I played one of these for a few rounds last week (before sacrificing it to the water God's) and enjoyed it a lot. I was seeing backspin with irons which is something I never do. I really can't say anything about the distance since it was a course I haven't played in years but I came away impressed with iron and wedge performance.

Played this ball today, its longer for me than previous generation ball. Where I like it is the spin into greens. I have a lot of shots today that would spin back 2-4 feet. Few chips I left short because the ball was checking up to soon instead of releasing.
Feel is really good off of the putter, soft feeling to me which I prefer.

One other thing, Triple Track is a godsend for me. I still truly believe it's one of the greatest things ever brought to the game of golf.

8E177B3C-FCD3-4498-815B-0656CAF1E621.jpeg

Back