What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

I'm just patiently waiting for the reward site to update. Going to get enough balls there to last me a good while.

I am pretty sold on the ball that I'm currently playing, but I really do look forward to giving the Chrome Soft yellow with triple track a try.

Now if we could just get the 2020 CSX....

I’m patiently waiting for my second order of CS TT White and Yellow to ship from Callaway. Looks like they are back ordered 2-3 weeks. Good thing it’s not June!

You don’t like playing the icy ball, huh?
We've had some melt. There's a couple patches of grass showing. I've been tempted to throw a few balls down. Now I just need a landing area to clear out.

I may have to make a trek down to SD and see if @KEV is available for a round. Their probably a lot closer to golf season than I am.

I really dig the new Chrome Soft. Feels great. Spins really well around the greens and It fits me off the tee really well.

If you liked CSX last time, give the CS a try this time.
Are you able to comment on how the new CS feels compared to the previous CSx TT? I really like that ball but with all the comments I am seriously wondering if the new CS will be where I end up
Looks like you need my helping going through all of those.
Haha, @dacatalyst41 beat me to it.....I was going to PM you my address @Snickerdog to help you get through them :LOL:

After reading that new thread, Chrome Soft and CSX will be getting a fair shot at that spot in my bag which is currently held by the 2020 TourB RX.

Increased QC on a ball I thoroughly enjoyed these past few years will be interesting to see for myself!

As a line user on the greens, I thought the Triple Track on the CSX TT helped me as advertised. Will be checking out both models as I’m curious what the new designs and qc measures mean for me out on the course.

Being one of the lucky few that got to experience the trip of a lifetime at Callaway Golf HQ last December I got some of the 2020 Chrome Soft Truvis and Triple Track. I have not been able to play rounds of golf this year due to work obligations but I have been using them a lot for chipping, pitching and putting practice. This ball is a pleasure to use around the green with a soft feel and tons of spin.

The Truvis and Triple Track technologies are not new this year but they certainly make a great ball even better. Watching the Truvis spin on 20 yard shots then hit the green and change direction is fun and educational. I am a believer in the Triple Track when putting and also on full shots. Knowing that I am aligned without any doubt breeds confidence when standing over the ball.

After reading the feedback from the Grandaddy guys and now reading this excellent Q&A, I am definitely itching to give the new Chrome Soft balls a try. Admittedly, I have not been much of a fan, in comparison to a few other balls, of the previous generations.

Having played quite a few rounds with this ball already, it reacts and plays as Jason says. Durability is excellent also.

Having played quite a few rounds with this ball already, it reacts and plays as Jason says. Durability is excellent also.

Durability seems similar to me so far, but I have to say they were darn durable before too.

When does the X release?

I'm just patiently waiting for the reward site to update. Going to get enough balls there to last me a good while.
Me, Too!

Have any of you lucky enough to have already played the 2020 CS also played the ERC Soft? If so, could you provide a comparison? I've had great success with the ERC but @JasonFinleyCG was also high on the ERC but indicated he is making the switch to the 2020 CS.

Me, Too!

Have any of you lucky enough to have already played the 2020 CS also played the ERC Soft? If so, could you provide a comparison? I've had great success with the ERC but @JasonFinleyCG was also high on the ERC but indicated he is making the switch to the 2020 CS.
My opinion only, but I couldn't get enough spin with the ERC Soft. I think the distance of the new ball is even with or longer than the ERC ball.

Me, Too!

I'll echo what @Snickerdog said. @McLovin sent me a few sleeves of the ERC soft last season to try out the Triple Track. I feel like it launched a bit higher for me. Felt denser if that makes sense. I was fine with it's performance off the tee and on full iron shots. It seemed to launch high enough that the lower spin didn't really matter as it still stopped. But, once I got around the green, it just didn't perform as I would like. But, not having a urethane cover, it wasn't too surprising. The shot that sealed the deal for me was a 40 yard pitch shot. I like to hit this low shot with my 52 degree wedge that hits on the front of the green, hits the breaks and then releases. I hit that shot with the ERC Soft and caught it so crisp. It hit the green, and screamed off the back. At that point, I knew it wasn't meant to be for my game.

My opinion only, but I couldn't get enough spin with the ERC Soft. I think the distance of the new ball is even with or longer than the ERC ball.
Thanks!!

Maybe because I am a high ball hitter I've had no issue with spin with the ERC and I've put enough spin on full shots with even 8i on up, even downwind at times, where the ball rolls out no more than a yard or so. Now, for chipping and pitching I've never played a high spin, check and stop type of game so I can usually adapt pretty well to roll out around the green on those shots.

I'll echo what @Snickerdog said. @McLovin sent me a few sleeves of the ERC soft last season to try out the Triple Track. I feel like it launched a bit higher for me. Felt denser if that makes sense. I was fine with it's performance off the tee and on full iron shots. It seemed to launch high enough that the lower spin didn't really matter as it still stopped. But, once I got around the green, it just didn't perform as I would like. But, not having a urethane cover, it wasn't too surprising. The shot that sealed the deal for me was a 40 yard pitch shot. I like to hit this low shot with my 52 degree wedge that hits on the front of the green, hits the breaks and then releases. I hit that shot with the ERC Soft and caught it so crisp. It hit the green, and screamed off the back. At that point, I knew it wasn't meant to be for my game.
Thanks for the feedback! I know the 2020 CS would add spin in comparison, but being "distance challenged" my concern is/was any kind of loss of distance off the driver or full shots with the irons.

Thanks for the feedback! I know the 2020 CS would add spin in comparison, but being "distance challenged" my concern is/was any kind of loss of distance off the driver or full shots with the irons.

for me, the only distance loss i saw was in launch angle. with cs, the ball seemed to launch too low and i wasn’t imparting enough full swing spin to achieve an optimal peak height. with erc soft i saw ideal initial launch and therefore good distance.

Honestly, I didn't find the ERC Soft to be any longer for me. But, I didn't do any extensive testing. I wasn't taking less club or blowing it over the greens.

Back