The Official Patrick Reed thread

This made me chuckle.

1584419179547.png

That’s pretty funny. Think about if this headline were to happen.

Patrick Reed found hammered on drugs in his car on the side of the road after driving? Reed would have to leave the country.

Or win a dozen or so more majors 😂

-5 first round....Here comes Patrick...

I believe that completely, however, I feel like Reed would know that the cameras are zoomed right now.

My gut says he doesn’t care hahah.

Did the ball move?

The pros have been doing that for eons. It was just more blatant with it on the collar and more ball exposed to see it happening.
If he were out in the fairway rough up to his ankles, no one sees it. Another non-enforcement rule except when Vegas calls about their odds or something, then they enforce it.

Reed being Reed - always a cheater; I knew something would happen but I expected it on Sunday

Blatantly improving the lie!? I mean if rahm gets call shouldn't Reed?

Are you referring to memorial? In that case Rahms ball moved, that was the penalty. What happened here I feel like it done by a strong majority of the players out there. Dark Grey-ish area and not enforced.

So, if I understand it... "everyone is doing it, so it's okay"?

Oh man, I need to tag some dudes from a couple rules threads lmao! I absolutely love that this video is out there - Just adding to the Reed madness haha

So, if I understand it... "everyone is doing it, so it's okay"?

Oh man, I need to tag some dudes from a couple rules threads lmao! I absolutely love that this video is out there - Just adding to the Reed madness haha
Oh I definitely don’t think that. I view it the same way as I do slow play. It’s terrible and in the rules but until they enforce, nobody will change.

Reed being Reed - always a cheater; I knew something would happen but I expected it on Sunday

In this case, Reed is not doing anything other pro’s haven’t done. He was just called out for it as an easy target....the tour doesn’t seem to have an issue with it and the players certainly won’t have an issue with it because it’s a gray area that’s taken advantage of by themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, that view is pretty undeniable that it isn’t lightly grounded. I don’t really dislike Reed as a player but these things keep happening and they look real bad.

Are you referring to memorial? In that case Rahms ball moved, that was the penalty. What happened here I feel like it done by a strong majority of the players out there. Dark Grey-ish area and not enforced.
Ok different situation then. Makes sense... I don't like either... Basically with allowing this and penalizing rahm is yeah you can do it (reed&others) but dont get caught (ball moving/Rahm).

A vast majority of the tour players....If they had the zoom coverage of Reed.....They would look like cheaters.....When the rules guys look the other way...For some, human nature is to take advantage until they enforce. If they enforce, actions might change. Is there any other sport which expects their players to police themselves and call rules violations on themselves....Yea, That's a funny statement.....

I call BS on everyone does it. No, they don't. That's why Kosits was openly calling out Reed when he did it previously.

I've watched golf for many years and it's not a new phenomenon that cameras zoom in on players. It is a very rare occurrence.

I don't do it and I hope you don't either. It's flat-out cheating and Reed's a cheater.

This situation is one where I would say he improved his lie, but until this is actually enforced all tour players will continue to sole their clubs to help pay down the rough.

Pretty much in this situation I've seen enforcement only happen if they move the ball. Bubba watson had a driver in the rough greenside and even though he was touching the ball, since it didn't move the officials said all good you get your eagle. I believe it was at kappalua on the long down hill par 5.

Rahm moved his ball. Last year there was the guy in the champions tour playoffs that also moved the ball when he soled his wedge. Those, officials have clearly stated violated the rules. Here, until enforcement happens it means it is implicitly allowed.

I call BS on everyone does it. No, they don't. That's why Kosits was openly calling out Reed when he did it previously.
What's funny about this...

I call ******** on the potential knowledge claim that "everyone on Tour does it" and how obnoxiously broad that is haha! Claiming that kind of knowledge on hundreds of PGA Pros doesn't exactly bolster an argument.

A vast majority of the tour players....If they had the zoom coverage of Reed.....They would look like cheaters.....When the rules guys look the other way...For some, human nature is to take advantage until they enforce. If they enforce, actions might change. Is there any other sport which expects their players to police themselves and call rules violations on themselves....Yea, That's a funny statement.....
I'm not sure I follow.

Mega zoomed golf coverage is nothing new - It happens probably 100s of times a tournament to many in the field, and social is almost always all over infractions or bad decisions out there, making it easy to come by. Would you care to provide samples of where players are actively compressing the ground in the rough behind their ball so I can confirm this perspective?

Until then, doesn't this argument ring sort of hollow?

Back