Toulon Chicago and Odyssey Double Wide

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I received my Toulon Chicago today. I was fitted at The Grandaddy for the Double Wide and wanted to give some comparisons.
The measurements are very similar with the biggest difference in the width. The DW is 3/8” wider front to back. Blade length is minor as is height of the face.
I don’t have current gram weights but just by feel the DW is a smidge heavier.
Measurements
B150383E-A38C-4DF0-8888-9046930B4D28.jpeg
Side by side
39F92042-68C8-4CE8-A4CD-4EAF7C92B5D7.jpeg
3EE5629D-1D51-4D0E-A0FE-204E2D8B6449.jpeg
2CE9785A-4A1F-4BA5-A752-A9BDE34F6AC4.jpeg
A2A24701-BC1B-4FEF-9EBE-2F7079B8F414.jpeg

I like them both.

I need to get my hands on the Chicago. I have long been a fan of the DW, basically my favorite shape.

Those look great @Snickerdog
I’m really vibing with TT

Really like the TT on the double wide.

The Toulon Chicago seems more like a blade vs the Odyssey DW more like a mallet. I wonder how much difference these have in MOI?

Either case, both look great.

Love that Chicago, such a clean look.

Those look good, but the 1W has a special place in my heart.

Those are both good looking putters. I hit the DW this last weekend & loved the feel of it.

Really like the TT on the double wide.

The Toulon Chicago seems more like a blade vs the Odyssey DW more like a mallet. I wonder how much difference these have in MOI?

Either case, both look great.
Maybe @Luke WilliamsCG will check in and he could let us know for sure.

Those look great @Snickerdog
I’m really vibing with TT
The TT just works and hopefully guys and gals will give it a try, I have really come to like it too.

Odyssey killed it with the Chicago. The size is just about perfect.

Must have the Chicago. Ordering one through my course.

Odyssey killed it with the Chicago. The size is just about perfect.
The size is perfect as it the color of the head, just perfect and appealing.

Comparison of the Chicago to the Columbus
46D25D0B-22EC-4F86-9567-39F0B47C782B.jpeg

The Chicago looks awesome. Congrats.

Looks great @Snickerdog! Love the dark finish on the Chicago

I really wish I liked the feel of a milled face. The Toulon putters are so nice looking.

I really wish I liked the feel of a milled face. The Toulon putters are so nice looking.
To hard of soft feeling for you? I love the way it gets the ball rolling so smoothly and quickly.

To hard of soft feeling for you? I love the way it gets the ball rolling so smoothly and quickly.
To hard, I've always preferred the softer feel of an insert. At least that's my story. LOL!!!

It’s crazy how much that little extra on the double wide makes it look. The DW seems almost too big while the Chicago looks perfect to me. I’m not sure what to make of that haha

It’s crazy how much that little extra on the double wide makes it look. The DW seems almost too big while the Chicago looks perfect to me. I’m not sure what to make of that haha
When looking down on them it is noticeable for sure. I don't know if the TT lines have anything to do with that or not. When compared to the Columbus, the Columbus looks crazy long !!!!

When looking down on them it is noticeable for sure. I don't know if the TT lines have anything to do with that or not. When compared to the Columbus, the Columbus looks crazy long !!!!
Yea that’s definitely one of the things I don’t like about blades, is blade length. It’s why I’ve always gravitated towards mallets/mid mallets mostly.

Love the Chicago...

Back