Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter seems to have recovered from her cold and my son seems to be doing better today instead of worse. Still no symptoms from me or wife or my elderly in-laws. Take care, everyone!

My daughter seems to have recovered from her cold and my son seems to be doing better today instead of worse. Still no symptoms from me or wife or my elderly in-laws. Take care, everyone!

So glad to hear that!!!

Well the course is packed right now.

Well the course is packed right now.
Friday is Canadian Snowbird Day at our course - tee times are booked solid from zero-dark thirty until the last twilight slot.

Looks like Illinois will be sheltering in place soon. This appears to be on the horizon for the rest of us.

But remember - Arizona's population this time of year is probably over 50% Canadians and northern staters! :LOL:

Our average age is probably going to plummet with the snowbirds heading home soon for that sweet sweet universal healthcare.

Just a personal observation, but Shelter In Place is the term commonly used for an Active Shooter situation, when you have to stay under cover where you are at until the situation is resolved. I don't remember ever hearing it used for anything else. This is not "Sheltering In Place" when you can, and are even encouraged, to go for a walk, go to the store, etc. Using that term in this situation, in my opinion, is just another way for the government and major media to try to scare the hell out of the general public.

I saw easily 400 people standing in line, out side of a supermarket. They were waiting to get in . Simply unbelievable.

I believe most all stores have started a policy of limiting the number of shoppers at any one time. For example, a Supermarket might keep the number at 20 shoppers , and as one shopper leaves another is allowed to enter. Consequently, lines are forming outside of the stores.

Here in the Sacramento area, many of the golf courses have closed, referencing the state's "Shelter In Place" order. The Sacramento City courses are staying open however, no clubhouse/restaurant/lessons etc, but courses and driving ranges are open. Their reasoning is sound, and I wish other courses would use it:

"The golf courses themselves and the driving ranges will remain open under the rule that outdoor recreation, as long as it is done with a six-foot radius to others, is permissible. Sacramento County defines essential activities as the ability “to engage in outdoor activity, provided individuals comply with Social Distancing Requirements.”
People need a healthy activity to enjoy during the long sessions staying in their homes. Walking the dog, hiking, bike riding, and playing golf are perfect activities to reduce stress in a safe way during the COVID-19 crisis with the proper precautions. "

Just a personal observation, but Shelter In Place is the term commonly used for an Active Shooter situation, when you have to stay under cover where you are at until the situation is resolved. I don't remember ever hearing it used for anything else. This is not "Sheltering In Place" when you can, and are even encouraged, to go for a walk, go to the store, etc. Using that term in this situation, in my opinion, is just another way for the government and major media to try to scare the hell out of the general public.

My brother in law who is in the Navy was just telling me the true meaning of Shelter in Place and how they really need to call it something else.

NY governor Cuomo has been ranting about this exact thing to reporters at his daily press conferences for at least the last two days. You can't call it a shelter in place if you're not actually sheltering in place.

With all the craziness that is going on right now in the world with Covid-19, there are still a lot of moments of kindness and care occurring. Someone in our area was on facebook and offering unused diapers (had opened/unopened boxes of all different sizes) at a first come basis. My wife reached out saying she would take the size 1 diapers for our upcoming new baby, and when she went to meet the lady not only did she give her size 1, but also a box of size 2,3,4 and $200 ($100 and $100 Target gift card, she said to use towards more baby supplies). My wife was completely blown away and overwhelmed by the generosity. There is still so much good occurring around us even in what seems like times of despair.

Last edited:
I just had to furlough 90 people in my department. This blows

I drove by one of the courses by my office earlier today and the parking lot was the most full I have ever seen it.

At some point we are all going to have to accept the discussion that developing herd immunity is a real possibility/outcome.

I feel like I can confidently predict that we will be shelter in place in Ohio before Monday. I'd actually be shocked if we aren't. If California did it, the most populous state, I feel like just about everyone will do it.
Yep feel the same here, since our governor wants us to be like CA. :mad::mad:

At some point we are all going to have to accept the discussion that developing herd immunity is a real possibility/outcome.

Along with the high number of deaths associated with it.

This chart is from earlier today. Notice how the US curve is steeper than other countries, AND everyone knows that we're severely limited in the amount of tests that we can do right now. We are into the mitigation stage at this point, the horse is out of the barn. It's also why, in my opinion, national quarantine is coming at some point.

ETlAb68UYAEXMtV

Yep feel the same here, since our governor wants us to be like CA. :mad::mad:
Thought it was coming today. But instead we can carry out liquor from restaurants when we get food. And they formed an economic panel to guide the state afterwards. But the Rockies owner is on it so there goes all hope.

The beach was absolutely packed today! Town Hall called an emergency meeting and voted to close the beaches at 5pm today!

PGA store is shutting down too

Illinois on lockdown now. Time to start building some sort of hitting bay in backyard pronto!

I drove by one of the courses by my office earlier today and the parking lot was the most full I have ever seen it.
I actually support the idea of places like golf courses being kept open, at a limited capacity. No packed ranges, no packed putting greens, limited access to pro shop, etc. Spread out the tee times.

While I agree that we need to be as careful as possible, we also need to maintain some form of sanity through this.

Along with the high number of deaths associated with it.

This chart is from earlier today. Notice how the US curve is steeper than other countries, AND everyone knows that we're severely limited in the amount of tests that we can do right now. We are into the mitigation stage at this point, the horse is out of the barn. It's also why, in my opinion, national quarantine is coming at some point.

ETlAb68UYAEXMtV

We’re also the third most populous nation on earth so number so days to 100 is a little misleading. Unless I’m confused which I frequently a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back