Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

Played 18 today and still the mav 3 hybrid and mav 3 wood in my bag is SO freakin good. They just always go exactly where I’m aimed.

The hybrid launches especially high in a good way which is so different than my previous hybrid. I can land this and it won’t roll out a whole lot. I love this club.

Think they'll come out with an adjustable model next iteration? Really want a 4 wood in this line but can't get behind the non-adjustability of it.

I can’t remember if they had a 4W in the OG Epic line, but it does seem Callaway skips the 4W with adjustable hosel, presumably because a 3W can be adjusted up or a 5W can be adjusted down.

I also have a standard Mavrik 4W and LOVE it. Awesome off the tee and easier than I thought off the deck.

I can’t remember if they had a 4W in the OG Epic line, but it does seem Callaway skips the 4W with adjustable hosel, presumably because a 3W can be adjusted up or a 5W can be adjusted down.

I also have a standard Mavrik 4W and LOVE it. Awesome off the tee and easier than I thought off the deck.
Yeah. I also like the size of it. Not too large but not so small that I feel like I needed to be precise. Wish I had the opportunity to try out the various shafts offered but they only had the one (I believe rogue white?) on hand.

Got to hit a Strong 3 and a Hybrid 4 yesterday at a Cally demo day. Loved the look of the 3+ and it suits my eye quite well. I also hit fantastic shots with it. I'll also add the Riptide is a pretty dang nice shaft.

The Hybrid was larger than I prefer but like the 3+, I hit fantastic shots with it. Both of these were just so easy to hit!

Already have the standard 3 wood and have just been offered an awesome deal on a 4 hybrid - $190 seems like a steal.

The problem is that I currently play 3-PW in MP18 MMCs and I love the 3 iron. Should I put the 4 hybrid up against it?

#MavrikWorldProblems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Already have the standard 3 wood and have just been offered an awesome deal on a 4 hybrid - $190 seems like a steal.

The problem is that I currently play 3-PW in MP18 MMCs and I love the 3 iron. Should I put the 4 hybrid up against it?

#MavrikWorldProblems

Absolutely. 😎

Absolutely.

Nooo! I was hoping you guys would talk me out of it, not into it!

these max fairways were really fun today. highlight was the par 5 7th. i had about 220, of which 195 was carry. i had already burned my round to the ground on the second hole of the day, so i was in “hold my beer” mode. pulled 5w, hit a low/mid shot on a rope. hit short of the green and released just over. 230 per arccos and aided my only birdie of the day.

as much as i’d like to play a smaller footprint, i still need help with launch and forgiveness. i do wish the max was more neutral or even fade bias.

these fairways are rockstars

Another cold, windy day, but some fun shots with my Mavrik fairways. None better than the first shot of the day. First hole is a Par 4, 350 yarder that bends right around a lateral hazard. We agreed on a breakfast ball, so I got super aggressive and tried to carry my tee shot over the corner with the 3+. Crushed it. Dead straight, high flight and came off the face like a rocket. My buddy, who observed my new distance for the first time outdoors, said, “I think you’re good.” I just smiled and said, “oh it’s good.” When we got up there, we saw my ball 60 yards up from his 5w tee shot.

F995FC83-1A2D-4AC9-A536-DDACA1D8F084.jpeg

Unfortunately my tee shot was too good, ha. I made a mess of the hole from 50 yards out for a double. But at least I got to show off how the Max 3+ is a beast!

Another cold, windy day, but some fun shots with my Mavrik fairways. None better than the first shot of the day. First hole is a Par 4, 350 yarder that bends right around a lateral hazard. We agreed on a breakfast ball, so I got super aggressive and tried to carry my tee shot over the corner with the 3+. Crushed it. Dead straight, high flight and came off the face like a rocket. My buddy, who observed my new distance for the first time outdoors, said, “I think you’re good.” I just smiled and said, “oh it’s good.” When we got up there, we saw my ball 60 yards up from his 5w tee shot.

View attachment 8932126

Unfortunately my tee shot was too good, ha. I made a mess of the hole from 50 yards out for a double. But at least I got to show off how the Max 3+ is a beast!
Love the story! This thing really is a beat. I loved hitting in the other day. I could just buy it with the Riptide and be perfectly fine.

When I was fit, I was hitting the hybrids so well that gapping wasn't an issue. However, I have had a few days where gapping between the 3H and 4H weren't as consistent as during my fitting. I've thought about swapping the 3H for a 2H (or simply practicing more to improve my consistency :unsure:).

Crazy talk. Buy another club instead!

View attachment 8932126

That 3+ is turning to be a great secondary tee option for a lot of guys. I thought the Epic Flash 3+ was good, but it sounds like this one is that much better.

I have two SZ fairways 3 and 5. They let me either reach or get within easy chipping distance of the par 5's today and that made the difference in my round. I had 1 eagle putt and 3 birdie putts.
Probably the shot for me was 207 yards, and grabbed the 5W. It finished pin high, about 17 feet right of the pin.
The sound when a ball leaves the face is intoxicating, that nice crack that you know you just smoked.

I absolutely cannot wait to get my 4w and hybrids out on course. The long winter off season, all of this uncertainty with COVID - I'm ready to go smoke some 4w big time.

some really good stuff out of the max fairway woods today, and some bad stuff I threw at them that they couldn't handle.

highlights were two 5w shots off the deck into par 5s. arccos says one was 224, the other 226. how is that for consistency?! the 226 was off some dirt, with my heels on the cart path. low-mid gentle draw to the front of the green after popping up the drive. noice.

the bad stuff was two shots off the tee for me being a dumba$$ and making bad swings, and one 5w from a bad lie that I just shouldn't have hit. not the woods fault at all.

I can hit the 3w well on the range, just can't make confident swings on the course. hopefully i can get there eventually.

some really good stuff out of the max fairway woods today, and some bad stuff I threw at them that they couldn't handle.

highlights were two 5w shots off the deck into par 5s. arccos says one was 224, the other 226. how is that for consistency?! the 226 was off some dirt, with my heels on the cart path. low-mid gentle draw to the front of the green after popping up the drive. noice.

the bad stuff was two shots off the tee for me being a dumba$$ and making bad swings, and one 5w from a bad lie that I just shouldn't have hit. not the woods fault at all.

I can hit the 3w well on the range, just can't make confident swings on the course. hopefully i can get there eventually.
What is your club set-up? I used to carry a 5w, loved it, but when all these damn wedges started coming out along with the hybrids something had to go, but now really wanting that 5w back in the bag. I go 60, 56, the Apex 19 combo AW-4, Cally XR 3 hybrid, Cally GBB Epic 3 metal, Mizuno ST190. I guess the first to go would be the hybrid or 60, but really like having the 60.

What is your club set-up? I used to carry a 5w, loved it, but when all these damn wedges started coming out along with the hybrids something had to go, but now really wanting that 5w back in the bag. I go 60, 56, the Apex 19 combo AW-4, Cally XR 3 hybrid, Cally GBB Epic 3 metal, Mizuno ST190. I guess the first to go would be the hybrid or 60, but really like having the 60.

the max 5w might be my favorite club in the bag. it is so freaking good.

I have a max 3w, max 5w, then go to super 4h.

the max 5w might be my favorite club in the bag. it is so freaking good.

I have a max 3w, max 5w, then go to super 4h.
hmmmm, more fodder for thought, prolly ought to just get one and see if it fits my course better than the hybid 3, golfer's mentality...

How often do you got your 4 iron? One thought would be to drop the 4i, go 4 or 5 hybrid, then 5 wood, 3 wood.

How often do you got your 4 iron? One thought would be to drop the 4i, go 4 or 5 hybrid, then 5 wood, 3 wood.
Great point, humorous I didn't even list that as an option, I'm so old school sometimes, took me a long time to give up my 3i, now you're asking me to consider my 4i?:eek: As much as I hate living in a seasonal location and not playing for 3-4 months, it makes me appreciate the arrival of golf season even more and always spurs thoughts of what to do differently this season. Ok, I will now consider shelving that beautiful almost new Apex 19 4i....now I get to shop:)

First time out with the Mav HW after swapping shafts. The Elements Chrome + unlocked something with this one. I had a few shots where this club was needed and it delivered. Previously with the Tour AD-DI it was a little too much shaft for me to load and now the HW is back to being old reliable. It’s making par5’s almost a guaranteed par and is making birdie chances more common.

Had the 3+ back in the bag today. It is a great tee weapon for me. I did hit it twice of the deck, once on a shorter par 5 which I was on front edge of green. The second time on a long par 4 that I had a bad drive on.

Really excited to get a round in with these today. The hybrid is still the best Mavrik club in my bag. I absolutely can’t miss with it

The Standard Mavrik 3 and 5 hybrids are the best new clubs I ever purchased. Love at first hit and continually deliver result on the golf course consistently. Not as workable as the Apex but much easier to hit, very consistent launch and distance shot after shot.

Back