Cut Golf: Real Feedback Real Changes

One thing I do want to add that I like about Cut, they’re not out telling everyone they’re the beat golf ball on the planet or trying to expose others, they’re focused on their lane and the ultimate goal is producing a solid product at what they call “an absurd value”. I dig honesty like that.

It’s in its own thread.

One thing I do want to add that I like about Cut, they’re not out telling everyone they’re the beat golf ball on the planet or trying to expose others, they’re focused on their lane and the ultimate goal is producing a solid product at what they call
. I dig honesty like that.
One thing I do want to add that I like about Cut, they’re not out telling everyone they’re the beat golf ball on the planet or trying to expose others, they’re focused on their lane and the ultimate goal is producing a solid product at what they call “an absurd value”. I dig honesty like that.

This right here! I mean $20/doz 4pc Urethane Ball that actually performs! I was a bit taken back yesterday to say the least. Is there a review thread on the Cut Blue? I’d like to share my thoughts on it

Last edited:
This article/thread comes at the right time for me; thanks! It's time to try Cut again.

Ok, I missed the fact that the cover has been reformulated in the article - Saw that they identified a bad batch and that they are offering the 100% money back promise.
Reading is still a Skill....

Right about here, i had coffee through the nose..thank you

Nice write up James. I tested the Cut Grey for a few rounds last year and came away impressed for the money. I love that our feedback helped with these latest changes. I do think its one of the better DTC products out there

It's great that they listened and are working on their issues, but being able to get Z-Stars for the same price (if you look around) pretty much seals the deal for me.

Thanks J

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

I was just on the website and they do offer test Sleeves instead of buying whole dozen, free shipping over 59 dollars

Early on they had a sampler pack - one sleeve each of their red, grey, blue and white offerings. They all were decent balls except the red, their low budget ball. That one was crap. I really haven't played them since then, but the grey and blue were really good balls.

Early on they had a sampler pack - one sleeve each of their red, grey, blue and white offerings. They all were decent balls except the red, their low budget ball. That one was crap. I really haven't played them since then, but the grey and blue were really good balls.
What didn't you like about the red? Could you compare it to another 2 piece ball?

As far as DTC balls go, I have tried Vice, and Snell. I think I found a cut once but it didnt really leave an impression one way or the other.

Great write up. I tried the blue recently and liked them quite a bit. I still want to try the Grey as well as some of their matte offerings.

I tried Cut about a year ago and it was ok. The DC ball might be a little firm for me. With all the different balls out in the market, and with a lot of them having the same features and or construction, the message to the player is starting to get a little muddled.

ordered some

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
What didn't you like about the red? Could you compare it to another 2 piece ball?
It was like a rock. I used it on the first two holes when I was trying them out and I was hitting the ball like I had never played before. Out of frustration I swapped it out for a Top Flite Distance ball, which is not great either, and voila - I could hit the ball again!

The Cut Red was the only ball that I had a really noticeable performance difference in a long time.

If it works for you fine, but I'd rather go with the also affordable Grey or White, for a few bucks more.

It was like a rock. I used it on the first two holes when I was trying them out and I was hitting the ball like I had never played before. Out of frustration I swapped it out for a Top Flite Distance ball, which is not great either, and voila - I could hit the ball again!

The Cut Red was the only ball that I had a really noticeable performance difference in a long time.

If it works for you fine, but I'd rather go with the also affordable Grey or White, for a few bucks more.
Thanks for the reply. I was looking for an alternative to the old Callaway Hex-Soft. I guess I’ll keep looking.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for an alternative to the old Callaway Hex-Soft. I guess I’ll keep looking.
You may want to give OnCore a look. Their Avant55 is my go-to ball right now. Srixon Soft Feel is also really good.

Damn! I can't believe I didn't see this before now. Thanks @Jman.

ERC Soft? Supersoft? Superhot?
Currently using the superhot mates and supersofts when I get them cheap. They work, but cheaper is always better. Just found a boat load of hex soft at our Walmart and stocked up.

Just picked up 2 more

15B3B430-2793-44F5-9E4A-EC941FE8A7F8.jpeg15B3B430-2793-44F5-9E4A-EC941FE8A7F8.jpeg

Back