with Club Champion lead us to take notice of the presence of a shaft brand that
many have likely heard of, but might not truly know all that much about, that
brand is Paderson Shafts.

Paderson has made a name for itself in the industry through
the different materials that have applied (take Kevlar for instance) but also
for their recent prevalence and success in the world of Long Drive. One thing
is certain, this is not a fly by night company, rather it is one with multiple
decades in the industry and manufacturing techniques, capabilities, materials,
and facilities that practically no other shaft manufacturer does.

4-4-1024x525.jpg

So, what better way to really learn more about a brand than
to go directly to the source? Fortunately, at THP, that is always our...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Came right out of left field with this one. Great Interview - Really enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed reading this @Jman as Jason is one of the really nice guys in my time spent talking with him. The brand is outrageously interesting when you dive in deep from a technical stand point.

Shots fired in that interview! I learned more than I knew before and love their pricing and mentality. I also love the fully owned R&D and manufacturing.

Being a shaft neophyte I was wondering do they have these shafts at CC or big box stores to try?

• Staff
Yes, I wrote the article and posed the questions so maybe I’m biased, but the depth of the answers we got from Jason was pretty amazing.

Lots to geek out on in there and I really want to get fit now and see just what is what.

• Staff
Being a shaft neophyte I was wondering do they have these shafts at CC or big box stores to try?
They’re in all major fitting locations to my knowledge.

Since joining and becoming active here, I've considered myself to be fairly educated on golf equipment tech. This particular read let me know I don't know :poop:. Wow, there's a lot here in terms of material management and manufacturing processes. Great info.

Since joining and becoming active here, I've considered myself to be fairly educated on golf equipment tech. This particular read let me know I don't know :poop:. Wow, there's a lot here in terms of material management and manufacturing processes. Great info.

If you have questions, never hesitate to ask.

There is some heavy info in here for sure, and what I like about that is I think it will immediately wipe away a lot of preconceptions about the brand.

If you have questions, never hesitate to ask.
Well, you asked for it! haha. I'll start off with a non-supertechy one.

Based off this:
"As evidenced by the 2019 Male and Female world long drive championship winning drivers. We are extremely proud of the fact Kyle Berkshire and Chloe Garner both gamed the same shaft, of identical spec to win their respective world Championship titles. This is a first in the history of the sport. What’s more impressive is the fact they are gaming a shaft flex many golfers would benefit from by a proportionately greater degree. Most importantly, all of our technology is tailored to enable golfers of all caliber to achieve a down range performance benefit. Disruptive technology that is seen and felt! "

Would it be safe to say that Paderson believes golfers in general play too stiff a shaft, limiting the energy transfer to the club head?

He's certainly not timid that's for sure. Loved reading that and would definitely try their stuff.

Based off this:
"As evidenced by the 2019 Male and Female world long drive championship winning drivers. We are extremely proud of the fact Kyle Berkshire and Chloe Garner both gamed the same shaft, of identical spec to win their respective world Championship titles. This is a first in the history of the sport. What’s more impressive is the fact they are gaming a shaft flex many golfers would benefit from by a proportionately greater degree. Most importantly, all of our technology is tailored to enable golfers of all caliber to achieve a down range performance benefit. Disruptive technology that is seen and felt! "

Would it be safe to say that Paderson believes golfers in general play too stiff a shaft, limiting the energy transfer to the club head?

I took it as more they believe they’ve designed a shaft with a flex profile that is more human while materials have allowed them to maintain a higher stability and still reap benefits from their emphasis on the kinetic flow/transfer of energy.

This was really interesting. Besides being available on golf works and maybe some custom fitters, I'm still not sure how to actually try any of their product.

Also lots of shots fired in that interview.

Based off this:

I think @Jman kind of hit the nail on the head in how I took it, but definitely not a bad question and we will dive in a bit deeper for you and clarify.

"We have engineered the worlds most advanced elastically tailored composite shaft product technology. Our array of Kinetixx loaded shaft technologies are preordained to deliver the purest kinetic energy transfer in a passive (non-battery powered) system."

Reading this alone makes me feel like I can drive the ball 400 yards with their shafts. Really interesting read @Jman - they're certainly talking the talk and walking the walk.

This was really interesting. Besides being available on golf works and maybe some custom fitters, I'm still not sure how to actually try any of their product.

Also lots of shots fired in that interview.
Yeah, that’s always a hurdle to overcome.

The price point here though makes that easier to overcome a bit though, and I know a handful of THP’ers have actually been fit to one at CC which is cool

Wow...a lot of stuff that I didn't know in there. Sounds like a pretty confident company and they definitely have made noise in the Long Drive championships.

Really good stuff!

Great article. @Jman if they have been around for so long, why do you think they are still “under the radar”?

First off, great interview @Jman. I've know about the brand for a while but never really looked in to any of the tech they utilize. And I'd never tried anything from them until my CC fitting.

I got fit in to one of their shafts late last year at CC. I probably hit a dozen or so different shafts that day and the Paderson Launch TP 65S was by far the best for me. The interesting part is I've always been fit in to an X flex shaft in every fitting I've gone through. And the numbers that day had me thinking X flex again (110 club speed, 160 ball speed.) With the Launch TP shaft, I was fit in to their D30 flex, which is stiff. The fitter said I was on the high side of the D30 range. But when we switched it up to the D40, the numbers weren't as consistent. I think the best way I can describe the shaft is extremely stable without feeling like rebar.

Great article. @Jman if they have been around for so long, why do you think they are still “under the radar”?
I think Jason sort of addresses that in his answers, they don't focus on the marketing, rather just the performance. Also, I suspect they production of materials and sales of that into all kinds of non golf applications helps them keep doing what they do and how they do it.

This is one heck of an interview. Definitely a guy you would want to sit with and have a beer and just be like... aaaaaaaand go.

CC definitely has them as that is where I got mine.

Yeah, that’s always a hurdle to overcome.

The price point here though makes that easier to overcome a bit though, and I know a handful of THP’ers have actually been fit to one at CC which is cool

One of those would be me.

Good write up on a very underappreciated company. I have been a fan of theirs for a while. Even though I have only used their products a few times.

Back