What are you building? (Club style)

Building a couple of NL wedges that will get me to the Vokey Experience. Went 54/58 which before I had 56/60. Really want to try graphite for the wedges but will likely end up with steel.

Let’s get these dirty

Last edited:
I teetered on that buy for too long, I finally just jumped
I think when i finally get my workshop into a condition that is even half way decent looking, that's one thing I won't be able to avoid buying.

Was playing around today on my lunch break and created this... Cleveland Launcher HB 19* hybrid, 40 1/4" length, D2 swingweight, Matrix HOF 95g x flex shaft. Should be fun to mess around with.20200316_162445.jpg
index.php

Attachments

• 20200316_162524.jpg
    20200316_162524.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 87
This

85ED0FC7-2B41-434D-BD26-D0E434D65D32.jpeg

In an adapter for review work with these

306DA6EF-B797-40FD-9726-24D57A839E9D.jpeg

I wondered what you gonna pair that new sexiness with. That should be interesting. You did a review on the EXS last year, didn't you?

Yessssiiiirrrrrrr

Have the 6.5 60g in all 4 drivers that are going for the bag this year!

Fun little project to take my mind off all of the craziness going on around us. Figured I would take my time on this build as it may be a while before I get a chance to hit them.

PXG 0211 5-PW+GW
Nippon NS Pro 1050GH
Golf Pride MCC+4 Red
D2/D3 swingweight (5-P @D2 / G @D3)
37.75” 5 iron down to 35.5” PW/GW
2* Flat lie
2* Strong loft

Shorter length to match my previous favorites Ping G25.

46E6FD20-0C79-449F-AC64-35655B226415.jpegBDF0D5F3-5AF6-42A2-8BDD-458A4CB4C91D.jpeg5C350697-218D-4DF4-8147-1429D8BA7B0B.jpeg6C4AA500-49E0-45F4-BE31-B63ABB01BFCB.jpegBABDBD43-4615-483A-837F-D333A79D7EC5.jpeg

Now if it would warm up (and we could play without care). Might be a long time before that happens so just was out hitting a few balls in the backyard. BD53E4E1-8EF9-4F19-A665-6CDCD0EA52F5.jpeg

Was playing around today on my lunch break and created this... Cleveland Launcher HB 19* hybrid, 40 1/4" length, D2 swingweight, Matrix HOF 95g x flex shaft. Should be fun to mess around with.View attachment 8932071
index.php
This thing is STOUT! I can't wait to get on the range or the course to try it out. All this lockdown golf shops, courses and ranges closed stuff is already driving me bonkers. For now I'll keep pouding away at the garage net.

So I have a set of catalyst shafts and golf pride mcc+4 grips for them but trying to figure out what heads I should put them in..

So I have a set of catalyst shafts and golf pride mcc+4 grips for them but trying to figure out what heads I should put them in..
What are the options?

What are the options?
I have a combo set of Orka RS10MB / RS10CB iron heads collecting dust or I can buy a set of heads. If I go the buy route the Forged Tec irons are intriguing

I have to re-shaft the 7i from my set. I'll probably take the shaft off my 4i (not using this year) as opposed to buying a new shaft. I'm not sure if butt-trimming that longer shaft will affect anything.
I'd also like to re-shaft a 60° head that I've had for a several years using a spare shaft that's is just taking up space.

Going to be tipping and gripping a PX Even Flow Max Carry Shaft for a 7w.

Installing some DG115s in some Wedges.

Does anyone happen to know what diameter of an extension I should buy if I want to extend my putter length by an inch? It looks like my local shop charges $9 to extend it, I have to imagine I can find an extension cheaper than that and do it myself.

Does anyone happen to know what diameter of an extension I should buy if I want to extend my putter length by an inch? It looks like my local shop charges $9 to extend it, I have to imagine I can find an extension cheaper than that and do it myself.
Check this out, it should work if you have an old shaft lying around:

Check this out, it should work if you have an old shaft lying around:

Thank you sir. Unfortunately I don't have a spare shaft laying around otherwise that would be perfect.

Thank you sir. Unfortunately I don't have a spare shaft laying around otherwise that would be perfect.
I understand that Kev. For extending putters the older clubfitters in the area would sand down a wooden dowel to fit and epoxy it in since you don't normally get a lot of torque at the butt end of a putter. I know they make metal extensions in different sizes but I'm guessing you don't have calipers to measure the butt end of the shaft? Do you have any friends who are machinists or who reload ammo that could let you borrow calipers to measure?

Golf Works has some options.

450E1C24-D00C-4019-892D-2877E19F2A6E.png

I understand that Kev. For extending putters the older clubfitters in the area would sand down a wooden dowel to fit and epoxy it in since you don't normally get a lot of torque at the butt end of a putter. I know they make metal extensions in different sizes but I'm guessing you don't have calipers to measure the butt end of the shaft? Do you have any friends who are machinists or who reload ammo that could let you borrow calipers to measure?
I unfortunately don't have any calipers but I may be able to track some down. I may actually have a dowel that I could probably make work, great thinking!

Going to be tipping and gripping a PX Even Flow Max Carry Shaft for a 7w.

Installing some DG115s in some Wedges.

let talk about that max carry project. What’s the plan on that one?

let talk about that max carry project. What’s the plan on that one?

What do you want to know? I have UST Heliums a PX Red and UST ATTAS Star that all are great and do different things - but thinking about 7w and hitting it high and landing holding greens - Max Carry might be the best option

What do you want to know? I have UST Heliums a PX Red and UST ATTAS Star that all are great and do different things - but thinking about 7w and hitting it high and landing holding greens - Max Carry might be the best option

gotcha. That was my thinking with ordering max Carry for mavrik Max 3+ but kinda thinking maybe a higher lofted head would be better like you’re doing

To make DIY shaft extensions buy/use 1/2 wood dowel.
You need to insert it un cut then measure or mark for desired length.
Cut with the fine tooth hacksaw, then add tape to get OD back.
Grip and there ya go :cool:

Back