Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo Irons

I picked up a used set of Turbos for my son, making these his first set of adult irons. I’m excited to see him enjoy hitting the ball high and further...and smiling to myself when he thinks it’s him.

That is awesome T4K.

I picked up a used set of Turbos for my son, making these his first set of adult irons. I’m excited to see him enjoy hitting the ball high and further...and smiling to myself when he thinks it’s him.

And that's the best part. Hope you both enjoy these.

Bonus...my son’s clubs arrived in time for his lesson today. He was super excited to have new clubs but last night he wasn’t sure about the looks with the junk in the trunk and was skeptical of leaning on the tech...he wanted to get better because of his skill. Fast forward to today. The only thing I heard when he got back from the lesson was how far he hit the 7 iron, how easy it was to hit the irons long and straight, how much better he hit these than his last (junior) set and how great the irons are. The Turbos are here to stay. ?

Bonus...my son’s clubs arrived in time for his lesson today. He was super excited to have new clubs but last night he wasn’t sure about the looks with the junk in the trunk and was skeptical of leaning on the tech...he wanted to get better because of his skill. Fast forward to today. The only thing I heard when he got back from the lesson was how far he hit the 7 iron, how easy it was to hit the irons long and straight, how much better he hit these than his last (junior) set and how great the irons are. The Turbos are here to stay. ?

Happy to hear of his liking of these irons.

decided to play these again today...we'll see how it goes.

I’m absolutely loving these irons, so far the best purchase I’ve ever made.
I haven’t really gained distance (maybe 3-4 yards). What I have gained in forgiveness and importantly....launch. The ball in now climbing and landing soft. Really impressive set. Definitely got a bit of a ribbing by my regular playing partners but that didn’t last long, actually two holes. thank you Cleveland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freaking love this!

decided to play these again today...we'll see how it goes.

How’d it go?

How’d it go?

Went well...on the range. But overall, they performed well. I'm very happy with them. They're staying 😁

@Canadan @Jman both tested out UHX at Club CHampion. How well do you two think this set would blend into the UHX in a split set?

@Canadan @Jman both tested out UHX at Club CHampion. How well do you two think this set would blend into the UHX in a split set?

Not either of them but from my time spent with the UHX at Ultimate Weekend, I think they would seamlessly integrate similar to the old MT/TT/Altitude line from Cleveland

Not either of them but from my time spent with the UHX at Ultimate Weekend, I think they would seamlessly integrate similar to the old MT/TT/Altitude line from Cleveland

That was kind of my thought too. 4-6 in these and then UHX from there. But I guess I have to ask is it worth the split, since UHX are hollow in that section as well and pretty darn forgiving?

That was kind of my thought too. 4-6 in these and then UHX from there. But I guess I have to ask is it worth the split, since UHX are hollow in that section as well and pretty darn forgiving?

Nothing I hit that weekend was the same kind of combination of accuracy high launch - I think there is something for golfers (like myself) who need high launch and holding greens in the longer irons - I think for me and split set would perform better than just UHX

Nothing I hit that weekend was the same kind of combination of accuracy high launch - I think there is something for golfers (like myself) who need high launch and holding greens in the longer irons - I think for me and split set would perform better than just UHX
That makes sense. I love these in the hybrid form and they blend into a set well

You thinking what I think you’re thinking?

I've thought about running the 4i-5i into my bag with the 565s...

I bet plenty well, although I'm not sure it's needed considering it's already a progressive set. If I'm rocking a Cleveland 4 iron and it's not UHX, I'm getting my head checked hahaha!

Terrible answer. I think it'd be solid, really. Lots to like about that concept.

Gotta figure these are more forgiving plus the wide sole probably helps a lot of people who sweep more than deliver the ball on a descending blow

I know with the Altitudes, head covers were not really necessary. How do the Launcher HB and the newer Turbos do without headcovers?

I know with the Altitudes, head covers were not really necessary. How do the Launcher HB and the newer Turbos do without headcovers?
I don't have any on my turbos. I'd say they might be more needed on the original HBs as I think the black on the back of the head can show some wear.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

HB’s get pretty beat up easily

Agree.
Having owned the Altitudes and HB’s the black cavity finish on the Altitudes holds up much better.
it reminds me of a powder coat type finish compared to the HB’s which is a satin type paint finish that chips and wears easily.
as for the Turbos I haven’t owned them but I hit the demos often at a local shop and they seem to be holding up better.

Odd, I have something loose in my stock graphite shaft 8 iron in the turbos. It's like a rattle that settles in whichever end of the shaft is facing down, and moves when I flip the club.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

You know I bought a set of these in December....see attached picture but I have not hit them all that much and always have headcover on every iron and the faces are getting beat up pretty fast and even somehow got several dings on one club !!! (See picture!). Meanwhile my 14 year old pings and my Wilson D100’s (7 years old?)show much LESS wear!!!.... What’s the deal with Cleveland?! They need to use better quality steel or something!!!! Not happy!

Attachments

• 4F32EF87-DE0E-41C8-83AF-F19B0411A7F4.jpeg
    4F32EF87-DE0E-41C8-83AF-F19B0411A7F4.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 38
You know I bought a set of these in December....see attached picture but I have not hit them all that much and always have headcover on every iron and the faces are getting beat up pretty fast and even somehow got several dings on one club !!! (See picture!). Meanwhile my 14 year old pings and my Wilson D100’s (7 years old?)show much LESS wear!!!.... What’s the deal with Cleveland?! They need to use better quality steel or something!!!! Not happy!

I have pics a little ways back in this thread...just a month and some change of use...the black finish just takes a beating. clubs still perform great but look 10 yrs old :LOL:

Back