ANNOUNCEMENT Live Chat with Jason Finley from Callaway Golf

His TEAM beat my TEAM (if you can call it that) but HE did not beat ME and we did not play together (that is at least a couple shot benefit when he has to listen to me).
Iron sharpens iron! I was lucky enough to have a fantastic partner in @checkered! Multiple net eagles out him!

@JasonFinleyCG which is the most important item for an amateur to get fit for, their clubs or the balls they are playing?
Both would be the real answer but I think the ball is critical as it is the one piece you use on every shot but also the hardest to fit (well) as well.

With custom fittings from driver to putter and even golf balls - with technology and AI are we entering a new golden age for amateur golfers and equipment? What’s next, in-house swing videos that will allow for complete bag fittings?
Well, technology keeps changing most facets of our life and i would expect the same in golf - lots of exciting stuff out there

@JasonFinleyCG what do you do in your spare time to relax? Most of us THPers golf but, you being around the sport all the time, I would think you would have a hobby to take your mind off work.
Generally my time away from work has been spent making sure I get to as much of the stuff my kids are involved in as possible. Ironically, with what is happening in the world today, I am around and have more time and all of that stuff for them (sports mostly) has been cancelled but I have been able to spend way more time with my family at least. Just not so sure they are happy about that.

Callaway has a robust line of options for golfers nearly across the board but is there a place where you think an expansion could occur or a new direction that taken? Of course, this includes the soft goods as well.
I think we have opportunities everywhere but our shares are lower in some of the soft goods categories. I still think we have opportunities in the ball category as well.

4, Funny you should mention that as that may be why my Odyssey Toulon San Diego is so rare - we have proven it is possible and that is the first step.
Well if you need to test any special prototype Toulons with or without TT I may know a guy ;)

And just wanted to reiterate what others have said, thanks for coming back and answering so many questions. You are a testament to what makes the Grandaddy with Callaway so special!

What sport are missing watching most? Who are your favorite pro teams?
I miss just having something live to watch and was really looking forward to seeing how SDSU did in the NCAA tournament this year. More than anything I miss watching my kids play HS sports.

Who wins the Master's this year if played?
Will have to see when it is played and who is in form and how much golf has been played. I think some will be better than others after a layoff.

What do you think offered better aim assistance from Odyssey? The Dart putters or the Triple Track. If you can, please explain why.
Kind of depends on the player but I think if I had to pick one it would be TT because it can be combined with the ball and also have talked to the Dr. behind the idea a lot about how over time with using TT you are actually training your eyes to do the task of alignment better.

Kind of depends on the player but I think if I had to pick one it would be TT because it can be combined with the ball and also have talked to the Dr. behind the idea a lot about how over time with using TT you are actually training your eyes to do the task of alignment better.

Thanks for answering. I just remember(in my mind) the last real marketing push for a product line built on alignment from Odyssey was DART. I feel like that one may have lacked in the shapes that TT now offers. But seems that TT is overall more well received. I could be off on that, but I think part of the genius of it is that the ball came first and putter to follow.

So what you’re saying is, Finley is a golfnow hot deal assassin

To be Darth Finley you need to be the master of everything. So it fits.

@JasonFinleyCG what is the most memorable experience you have had on a golf course?
Would be so hard to pick one but one that stands out was a 5 on 1 9 hole match we had with a group of us vs Phil. Let's just say that the 5 of us walked away with a few extra bucks!

Back