ANNOUNCEMENT Live Chat with Jason Finley from Callaway Golf

@JasonFinleyCG

I posted the question yesterday but I know you may not get to it so throwing it out there again:

Have you been surprised by the number and variety of players who have been fit in to and purchased the Mavrik Max driver? How do the sales compare to the standard and sub-zero?
We had high hopes for the MAX products but the early read on sell through and fittings suggested MAX was outperforming our expectations.

Question. What is the decision process to determine which shafts are used for stock offerings? e.g. Do shaft companies get versions of the head to do testing with to determine best fit or does Callaway have in house testing and shaft companies send in shaft options?
It is a little bit of both but we will do testing and final selection ourselves.

@JasonFinleyCG Lexi's participation in the Grandaddy was awesome last year. As a higher handicap it was fun to follow her match with @tomcat. Does handicap, at all, play a role in the Zoo Crew's player selection?
Not really. We have had plenty of higher handicaps on our team through the years - more about the right people to make sure everyone has a good time and are engaged. At the end of the day while it does get some attention and is fun to joke around about the competition piece is really a small part of the overall event.

Jason - thank you for answering my earlier question - I will definitely forward the response to my girlfriend so she can comprehend :ROFLMAO:

Another question if you have the time - You've been with Callaway for almost 23 years, what advice would you give to someone who wants to turn their passion for golf into a career?
I think the best advice I can give someone on getting into the golf business is similar to any job hunt where it is so much about having the right connection or route in to start then the second piece would be if you really want in you may have to take a lesser job or a stepping stone job to get in and prove yourself. But, in reality it is a very small industry so there are not a lot of really good opportunities.

@JasonFinleyCG how many aces do you have? If multiple, which is the most memorable?
ZERO aces. Closet I came was hitting a shot OB off a cart path that was 20ft left of a back left hole location, being pissed and dropping another one from the same spot and holing it. Pretty damn good PAR though.

I’m late to the party thanks to a work meeting so apologies if this was asked and I missed it.

What advice would you give this years Grandaddy captain?
Play Hard?

More than anything I would say get the team prepared to have a good time, be active in the forum before, during and after the event. And most importantly this year, be open to the thought this event will most likely be different than it has been in the past.

Probably not a question as much as a suggestion hidden in the form of a question. I am absolutely in love with the Tour Grey finish on the MD5 Jaws wedges. Is there any chance we would see those offered on a set of irons instead of the smoke finish? If not in the works, I am one guy who would love to see it someday!

Let me ask it this way, what Callaway ball would you compare to say a prov1?
I would say compare would imply sameness, our CS is a better ball for most. Will have more total performance around the golf course and be a more forgiving golf ball.

Jumping in on the back end of this as we wait to get let in to pick up my kid's school supplies. Can't think of any question. But, I do want to say thanks for everything you and the rest of Callaway do for the community. I hope you and your family get through all of this mess unscathed.

Oh, I do have one question. If everyone is stuck inside with no access to the gym for the foreseeable future, will they have to add material to the Grandaddy belt so it fits everyone on 2020's Team THP? :ROFLMAO:
Do not need to add any material to it, it is heavy enough

@JasonFinleyCG do you believe Callaway will make a major investment in single length irons or do you feel it's not a sustainable product?
We have tested it and while it does work for some and we can build through customs do not see a large market opportunity. I think the people that are going to go that route is what it will be and not a lot of room to split that up.

So what is your favourite Netflix show that you would recommend to people to watch?
Have been watching the show All American with the family. Also watched the Aaron Hernandez documentary which was interesting. Not on Netflix but caught up on one of my favorite shows Billions too. Stuff I would not have time to watch normally.

What are a couple of the @JasonFinleyCG hip hop tracks?
Not sure you would call it Hip Hop but I actually went to Post Malone with my boys and it was actually pretty good and think while he is weird, he is good.

Right now it is Triple Track. Truvis early on was really hot as well too and still a big part of our business overall.
I'm a forever convert. One thing I can tell you is the tech works. Between TT and the Palm beach, I started tracking birdies March of last year. Ended in November with 76 for the season. Best I've putted in 20 years. Aligning the TT to the line was an eye opener for me. Immediately felt like I was aiming way left of target. Trusted the line and wow what a difference. I had been aiming right for ever.
Now that this is on the Chrome Soft I'm even happier. Played yesterday and had 3 birdies. Have 5 rounds here in March and the confidence continues. Tracking thus far has recorded 11 birdies. Off and running again.
Thanks again for hopping in here and helping elevate some of the stress of the current state of affairs.

Not sure you would call it Hip Hop but I actually went to Post Malone with my boys and it was actually pretty good and think while he is weird, he is good.
You don't strike me as the Hip Hop type! That seems more suited for the guy that is no longer employed at Callaway. You know the one whose head you could get into. ;)

Almost every year, when golf balls are introduced, there is probably a wish list on designing a new golf ball. Does that happen each year, or is it spread out.
We come out with new balls every year and for the most part are on a two year cadence so we are always working on new products.

@JasonFinley if, for some catastrophic reason, you had to switch fields of work what sector do you see yourself having enough passion for to dive into that particular industry? Maybe a hobbie, or other interest that you have in life? We know you're all about golf but what else drives you that you could see yourself making a career at?
Anything to do with sports would be great. Would love to work in Sports Radio. A platform and mic to talk trash every day would be great.

I'm a forever convert. One thing I can tell you is the tech works. Between TT and the Palm beach, I started tracking birdies March of last year. Ended in November with 76 for the season. Best I've putted in 20 years. Aligning the TT to the line was an eye opener for me. Immediately felt like I was aiming way left of target. Trusted the line and wow what a difference. I had been aiming right for ever.
Now that this is on the Chrome Soft I'm even happier. Played yesterday and had 3 birdies. Have 5 rounds here in March and the confidence continues. Tracking thus far has recorded 11 birdies. Off and running again.
Thanks again for hopping in here and helping elevate some of the stress of the current state of affairs.

I am becoming a fan of this, while I don't want it to be to distracting, "tech works" like you said. The key part of it is getting used to it, while lining up your ball it may look like the route you want to go and then setting up your putter you feel like it looks like the wrong line, trust the triple track and the line you've made your mind up on and our taking.

Back