Eating a bratwurst/hotdog

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just sitting here chatting with the wife and she is eating. I happened to notice that she had bitten from both ends of the bratwurst on a bun she was eating. I had to pause for a second, it baffled me why she would do this instead of just starting at one end and finishing at the other.

What say you, is this acceptable or not?

Depends! Only time this is acceptable is if the hot dog has a lot of toppings and they start to push off the other end, you can turn it around and bite it from to opposite side. This sounds funny as i typed it!

Depends! Only time this is acceptable is if the hot dog has a lot of toppings and they start to push off the other end, you can turn it around and bite it from to opposite side. This sounds funny as i typed it!
This was the scenario that caused it. But I told her you just lick the other end to catch those toppings.

Just wrong. Completely wrong. Not really, to each their own.

Personally though, I always start at one end, and work my way to the other end.

End to end... No starting and stopping... I can only imagine how she eats her corn on the cob 🌽...ohhh the horror. 😉

No. One end to the other is the only way.

I don't condone her dog eating method but I would keep my mouth shut and accept it.

As long as bites are at the end, any way is good. Can't take a bite from the middle like it is a burger. That would be weird.

Just sitting here chatting with the wife and she is eating. I happened to notice that she had bitten from both ends of the bratwurst on a bun she was eating. I had to pause for a second, it baffled me why she would do this instead of just starting at one end and finishing at the other.

What say you, is this acceptable or not?

Hey, if thats how she wants to do it, thats cool. I would say, to give her the benefit of the doubt, perhaps she is doing it so that she doesnt burn her mouth on the oil from the brat/dog.
You have to figure, if you continue to eat from one side of it until you reach the end, eventually the oil/grease is going to back up in the end and it will have no where to go other than to burn out towards your face and you could burn yourself.
I learned a trick once where you cut a slit down the length of the sausage and position it so that its pointed down, so that the grease simply goes down, into the bun and doesnt burn you.

Hey just be happy she isn’t biting both ends of your retirement.... (speaking from someone going through a needlessly messy divorce).

She's doing it wrong. Leave the bun in the bag and dip the brat in the dipping sauce. Now, you've got it.

That seems odd.. Just tilt it down towards yourself🤣

Not what I would do, but I would just accept it.

Now depending on her personality, I would do a Seinfeld on her and start asking why she is ruining a perfectly good bratwurst.

Actually if the dog or brat does not extend all the way off of the end of the bun then the 2 ends are the worst bites because they have the most bread. She is just making sure she finishes with a good bite and I respect that.

I don't condone her dog eating method but I would keep my mouth shut and accept it.

.... because she’s an alien and might not take kindly to you pointing out her non-human tells? Right?

Only offended if the brat had ketchup on it.....

It depends on the size of the bun. If the bun is so large the brat/hotdog does not reach the end on both sides you have to or your last bite ends up being nothing but bun.

Back