fairwaynut

Bettinardi Aficionado
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
SingleMalt
Picked this game up late yesterday afternoon, played 18 last night and 72 today. It's taken me alittle while to get the hang of the game, but the scores have been coming done. Shot a 94 at TPC Scottsdale awhile ago. Can't say enough about how addicting this game is. The graphics are awesome. I've posted a couple of screenies below to show you what I mean.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image3.jpg

It’s fantastic paired with a SkyTrak. So many great courses.

Who's playing on PS4?

my username is skinsscalper.

I was just looking at this today! Sad to see it just went up from $15 to $38 on amazon. Might wait a few days and see if it goes down again. I've set a price alert on CCC.

I think with the lack of real golf (there's only so much carpet putting I can do) I may have to buy this. I've seen lots of good things on reddit about it.

Search for Coeur d'Alene Resort (the most played is the one you want). It's not totally accurate but you can play the 2019 THP Championship

Will have to do that once we’re out of this shelter in place and I visit my parents house (the SkyTrak and simulator is on their basement). How many sets of tees are on that course. I usually play around 6400 on the sim, and my dad play a set closer to 6000.

Will have to do that once we’re out of this shelter in place and I visit my parents house (the SkyTrak and simulator is on their basement). How many sets of tees are on that course. I usually play around 6400 on the sim, and my dad play a set closer to 6000.
The full set is there. We played from the blues

I play competitively on TGC Tours. It’s a lot of fun.

Best score yet sofar.

Image11.jpg

Image12.jpg

Heck of a place to end up. o_O :laughing:

Image13.jpg

Broke 80 for the first time. :golf2::golf:

I play this game. I find it frustrating at times because your character doesnt improve over time, its all about your skills with the sticks improving. I also prefered the controls of other golf games like TW, Rory PGA Tour and Everybody's Golf; that has the 3-click setup (1st click to activate power bar, 2nd click to set power level and 3rd click to set accuracy) but it is what it is.

Looks like your having fun.

I challenge anybody to show me a par 3 like this. This hole was awesome. Need I say I birdied it!!!

lidar.jpg

1. Looks like a longer version of the par 3 at Lahinch.
2. your posting at 330 am? You must really be liking that game! :D

This is the software I want to pair with my skytrak but the $895 price tag is keeping me from pulling the trigger so far.

This is the software I want to pair with my skytrak but the $895 price tag is keeping me from pulling the trigger so far.
I'm in the same boat. It would be pretty great too have but that's a tough price to swallow. Maybe one I build a better setup in the future.

I'm in the same boat. It would be pretty great too have but that's a tough price to swallow. Maybe one I build a better setup in the future.

I convinced myself that I’d get a better ROI on the SkyTrak if I got this because I could play multiplayer sims with friends! ;) I used PayPal Credit too, which means zero interest if paid within 6 months!

I convinced myself that I’d get a better ROI on the SkyTrak if I got this because I could play multiplayer sims with friends! ;) I used PayPal Credit too, which means zero interest if paid within 6 months!
That's always been my plan was to upgrade my setup which is why I have the impact screen. Part of that involves building a stand alone garage to have a more permanent location for it.

My dad started with the SkyTrak and original TGC about 4 years ago. I think there was an upgrade of a couple hundred for 2019. He gets in 18 a day in the winter months. It’s been a good investment so far.

My dad started with the SkyTrak and original TGC about 4 years ago. I think there was an upgrade of a couple hundred for 2019. He gets in 18 a day in the winter months. It’s been a good investment so far.
I think if I had a more permanent setup or even a better mat and setup area I'd be much more tempted. I'll probably make that happen in the next few months so maybe I can treat myself for next winter.

I have both the original TGC simulator and TGC 2019; it’s a chunk of capital but you never pay for upgrades or anything. It’s a large one time commitment; we get tons of hours of enjoyment out of it though.

I also purchased the pc version so I could recreate our local course to play on rainy days...THAT was a project but fun

I think if I had a more permanent setup or even a better mat and setup area I'd be much more tempted. I'll probably make that happen in the next few months so maybe I can treat myself for next winter.

Mat was huge. I originally used a mat from the company I bought all the indoor sim stuff from but the mat gave me golfers elbow in a few months. I moved to a Fiberbuilt mat (again, pricy), but the tendonitis is gone now and hasn’t come back in over 18 mos. Definitely would suggest investing in a good mat if you are going to do it

Back